Best and Worst keeper 2017

NVS_Whiskey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
Who's the best keeper you've come up against this year and who do you get excited about shooting at?

For me I loathe Jack ******* Butland. I can not score on that oaf.

However, after the crap-fest that was MLS qualifiers, I get absolutely giddy seeing Tim Howard in goal. I've seen some Jack Russel terriers with better stopping skills.

What about you?

Comments

• MorroWtje
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Personally it's between Handa/Butland for the best 2 keepers ive faced/used. Worst probably oblak/ sif schmeichel. both were utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • NVS_Whiskey
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Personally it's between Handa/Butland for the best 2 keepers ive faced/used. Worst probably oblak/ sif schmeichel. both were utter ****

Oblak is hot garbage I agree.
  • Retro_G
    32746 posts National Team Captain
    Best would be Butland/Begovic, will play for cutbacks when I see them in opponent's team. Each save these GK's make, the more difficult it becomes to score.

Worst GK's who never usually cause me trouble would be Buffon/Leno.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Best would be Butland/Begovic, will play for cutbacks when I see them in opponent's team. Each save these GK's make, the more difficult it becomes to score.

I attempted to use him in last week's WL. You're right, he's horrendous.
  • Izzy2K17
    11700 posts Has That Special Something
    Best ate Courtois/SBC Buffon/Lloris/Oblak/Leno in that order.

Worst are Buttland and Bego, Buttland can't save longshots or headers for ****. And Bego can't save low driven shots even if they're like 6 inches away from him
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

Worst are Buttland and Bego, Buttland can't save longshots or headers for ****. And Bego can't save low driven shots even if they're like 6 inches away from him

Not sure why but every time I've come up against Leno and Oblak I can't help but score.
  • Alex1684
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best are Neuer and De Gea
  • RealM
    6229 posts Big Money Move
    Whoever my opponent has got at the time of facing me is the most OP is seems. >:)
  • Plomperk
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Begovic and Buffon are what my nightmares are made of. Butland is very much hit-miss, either he's terrible, or the best player on the pitch. The goalies that have worked the best for me is; Fährmann, IF Lloris and Handanovic.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    the ones that irritate me is cech and lloris. i had both of them for like 10 games and they were complete trash. yet when i face them, they make ludicrous saves. i played lloris last night, drew 1-1. the dude was all over the place making ridicullous saves on me.

the best ones for me have been handanovic, if schmeichel and courtouis
  • FletchSUFC
    1028 posts Professional
    Must say I've enjoyed facing Tim Howard in the MLS qualifiers!
    One game I had 4 shots straight at him go straight through him or him push the ball into the net
  • Relentless2k
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Who's the best keeper you've come up against this year and who do you get excited about shooting at?

For me I loathe Jack ******* Butland. I can not score on that oaf.

However, after the crap-fest that was MLS qualifiers, I get absolutely giddy seeing Tim Howard in goal. I've seen some Jack Russel terriers with better stopping skills.

What about you?

I hate Butland, he's a complete bellend he literally saves every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shot you take
  • Relentless2k
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd also like to say that Cech and Handonovic are absolutely crap as well they either let a ball rebound straight to the opposiition or spill the ball from a position they should be saving.

The best keeper I've probably used is Fahrmann he's an absolute machine
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd say keepers are relative. A different formation can make the same keeper perform worse because of the type of shots you concede. Personally for my 41212(2), Joe Hart was the best
  • NVS_Whiskey
    FletchSUFC wrote: »
    Must say I've enjoyed facing Tim Howard in the MLS qualifiers!
    One game I had 4 shots straight at him go straight through him or him push the ball into the net

Yeah I saw some of the worst keeping in this game last night from him.
  • Izzy2K17

Not sure why but every time I've come up against Leno and Oblak I can't help but score.

They have won me games so I love them, can't say they've lost me games like other keepers
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Best neuer
    Worst leno
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Personally it's between Handa/Butland for the best 2 keepers ive faced/used. Worst probably oblak/ sif schmeichel. both were utter ****

who would you recommend as a good LaLiga goalie
  • Retro_G
    32746 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »

I attempted to use him in last week's WL. You're right, he's horrendous.

Yeah Leno is muck. Burki was surprisingly good for me last weekend.
  • Izzy2K17
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Oblak
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite

Diego Lopez
  • bigpokey24

Oblak

:D
  • bigpokey24
    Capablanca wrote: »

Diego Lopez

NIF or IF
  • Izzy2K17

Oblak

I'm being serious he's the bet La Liga keeper
  • bigpokey24

Oblak

I'm being serious he's the bet La Liga keeper

i have him, but not impressed..In FIFA 16 , Handanovic was way better than 17...This year i can't settle for a good goalie, tried Victor B as well before the last 2 patches
  • NVS_Whiskey

Navas.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    This is a question that if asked to one hundred players you'd probably get around seventy five different answers. Goalkeepers are easily one of the most subjective aspects of this game. Any of them can play differently for anyone at any time. Personally, as a player with fairly low cash reserves, my best goalkeepers have all been fairly cheap. I've used Burki for a very long time, and he had been solid, but he's a bit of a mixed bag. One of the best keepers I've played against and with in general is Loris Karius. He is pretty consistently quality with and against me. In contrast, one of the second most popular keepers (behind Butland, of course) is Cech, who almost never consistently gives me problems to get past. Obviously Butland and Begovic are quality, but there are expected to be such. And this frequently underperform expectations. Go into Goalkeepers with a fairly open mind, because your experience with him will be very different than that of anyone else.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    This is a question that if asked to one hundred players you'd probably get around seventy five different answers. Goalkeepers are easily one of the most subjective aspects of this game. Any of them can play differently for anyone at any time. Personally, as a player with fairly low cash reserves, my best goalkeepers have all been fairly cheap. I've used Burki for a very long time, and he had been solid, but he's a bit of a mixed bag. One of the best keepers I've played against and with in general is Loris Karius. He is pretty consistently quality with and against me. In contrast, one of the second most popular keepers (behind Butland, of course) is Cech, who almost never consistently gives me problems to get past. Obviously Butland and Begovic are quality, but there are expected to be such. And this frequently underperform expectations. Go into Goalkeepers with a fairly open mind, because your experience with him will be very different than that of anyone else.

Well, for me Tim Howard takes the cake as the worst keeper. I had him in goal and I think he fell over more frequently than he was on his feet. However playing against him was a treat also. My opponent's Howard did the same and conceded just as regularly.
  • Logan9393
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Neuer broken for anyone else? Literally didn't make a save for me.

Best is either De Gea or Courtois.
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    Best - DDG/Handanovic

Worst - Buffon