How do you speed dribble?

mjs4p
12305 posts Has That Special Something
Title. I either end up holding RT and getting tackled, or if I don't, my players move at half speed. I see some beautiful dribbling on here. What button combos do you use? Thanks.

Comments

• Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    imo

300px-Konami_Code.svg.png
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    Fab wrote: »
    imo

Fatality
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    learn the ways of the LT.
  • CanT SLaY JaY
    1971 posts Fans' Favourite
    imo

oh so that's how you 'gid good' at fifa
  • mjs4p
    I knew Contra was the answer! :D
    Skrt_Skrt wrote: »
    learn the ways of the LT.

I certainly use LT, but when the heck should I use it when dribbling at speed? :#
  • AlexSolm
    9854 posts League Winner
    Letting go of RT and slightly changing direction gives you much better control in tight spaces, example:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/EmmAlexMewow/video/27720816

Also try to let go of RT and tap LB no touch dribble speed boost, takes a bit of getting used to to time it right

• mjs4p
    Thanks @AlexSolm That's a thing of beauty.

I don't know what it is; I'm just really struggling this week. I was playing last week in Div 4 (won it) then barely losing any games in Div. 3, but I can't seem to string anything together in these qualifiers. I win one or 2, then get beat in a game where I just can't score!
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Letting go of RT and slightly changing direction gives you much better control in tight spaces, example:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/EmmAlexMewow/video/27720816

Also try to let go of RT and tap LB no touch dribble speed boost, takes a bit of getting used to to time it right

Great speed run!!
  • mjs4p
    I give up. This is the kind of crap that keeps happening every 2 or 3 games:

652DE13F-2666-4E64-90B0-8B39ABE8FA1A_zpsxdwst0ww.png

How can I not score on a play like this? This type of stuff seems to happen 2-3 times a game when I lose.

http://xboxclips.com/mjs4p/a1112ef3-71a5-4843-96ca-7ac05ce301f1
  • maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    mjs4p wrote: »

How can I not score on a play like this? This type of stuff seems to happen 2-3 times a game when I lose.

once i lost to a guy (2-1) who had only 5 to 7 shots on target, while i had like 20+ shots on target.. i sent him a msg saying "FIFA loves you this match". he replied "you should work on your finishing".

and that's what i did.. i worked on having a better finishing and i've been scoring goals way better than before.
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    imo

"SELECT START"

you could also try
    A B A C A B B
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4153 posts National Call-Up
    Worm wrote: »
    imo

"SELECT START"

you could also try
    A B A C A B B

wasn't this a hit by the steve miller band :*

• mjs4p
    maXmood wrote: »

once i lost to a guy (2-1) who had only 5 to 7 shots on target, while i had like 20+ shots on target.. i sent him a msg saying "FIFA loves you this match". he replied "you should work on your finishing".

and that's what i did.. i worked on having a better finishing and i've been scoring goals way better than before.

What did you work on? I'll try anything. I think I'm struggling with what shots to use in what situations, but I'm not completely sure (or I'd be playing better!)
  • maXmood
    edited March 2017

What did you work on? I'll try anything. I think I'm struggling with what shots to use in what situations, but I'm not completely sure (or I'd be playing better!)

i make sure it's a clear shot and usually just draw back a little if it's not clear. and i've learned to use the driven finesse shots when i'm close to the post. also, finesse shots on the edge of the box.

i stay away as much as possible from the clutter that happens in the box, because everything is usually in ur way when you wanna shoot.

Edit: for example in ur clip, the first shot with bergkamp, you should've move the player a bit to the right to the ball is on his right foot, and then just finish it with driven finesse shot.
  • mjs4p

i make sure it's a clear shot and usually just draw back a little if it's not clear. and i've learned to use the driven finesse shots when i'm close to the post. also, finesse shots on the edge of the box.

i stay away as much as possible from the clutter that happens in the box, because everything is usually in ur way when you wanna shoot.

When you say draw back, do you use LT+RT, or something else there? Thanks.
  • maXmood

When you say draw back, do you use LT+RT, or something else there? Thanks.

still don't know how to use LT+RT properly, but no, i don't use that. I usually fake-turn, scoop-turn, or pass/heel pass to someone behind for a proper shot.
  • maXmood
    maybe you didn't see my edit in previous post..

for example in ur clip:

1st shot with bergkamp, you should've move the player a bit to the right to the ball is on his right foot, and then just finish it with driven finesse shot.

2nd shot, if you scoop-turn and shot with the other foot, you're having a better chance to score..
    3rd attempt when bergkamp received the ball, you should've passed it to the player on his left instead of taking a shot.
  • Yusuf11
    1916 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use LB to change directions at speed and LT if there is no way through
  • mjs4p
    @Scutch

I saw your ADP goals in the Legends thread; they are a thing of beauty! Were you using LB to make those quick changes of direction?
  • Scutch
    20813 posts Club Captain
    @Scutch

I saw your ADP goals in the Legends thread; they are a thing of beauty! Were you using LB to make those quick changes of direction?

Coming off the ball roll it can help massively with the pace boost. But with players like ADP and Best you can often get those bursts of pace and change of direction simply by holding the sprint button and using the left analogue.
  • mjs4p
    Scutch wrote: »
    @Scutch

Coming off the ball roll it can help massively with the pace boost. But with players like ADP and Best you can often get those bursts of pace and change of direction simply by holding the sprint button and using the left analogue.

I just need to practice I guess. When I go on a run like that, my changes of direction are much slower than yours, and I often get tackled!