Do I get Messi?

SaifR
12842 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 2017
Would mean selling Pogba (a player who I spent ages saving towards). While I think he's brilliant IG, I just want a bit more from an 'elite' card.

Was considering using the proceeds of the sale to purchase Messi, but I would like some opinions on whether:

a) Messi is as good IG as he is IRL (the GOAT)
b) how good is he at RW in 4-3-3 (2)/(5)

The team I have now:
dc827c6328abe7bb438d8be57737e700.png

A team idea I have for Messi:
2e987488c1b399e8fd11fc072571719a.png

Cheers!

Comments

• exzoo
    31920 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 2017
    I used him as a CAM (on 7 chem after changing his position IG) in a 4312 and he wasn't really worth the 800k imo, way too weak and can't survive 70 mins. Got Pogba there now and he has 21 games 15-16 goals and around 10 assists.
  • holdenwait
    55368 posts National Treasure
    Messi is sensational , worth it for sure. and I hate the "can't play on the wings" myth along with his stamina not enough, too weak etc... he dominates in all 433 variants
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play him RW in a 433 4. He is good but this game always puts the thought into my head that whichever elite player I buy "is he worth it?".

Value wise he probably isn't but TOTY aside I'm not sure which elite player really is. It's Messi. I'd rather score goals using his card than an OP player so I'm happy using him. Usually switch him to the left although he glides across the pitch beautifully cutting in on his left.
  • 11lions
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Buy 89 mertens thank me later
  • SaifR
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Messi is sensational , worth it for sure. and I hate the "can't play on the wings" myth along with his stamina not enough, too weak etc... he dominates in all 433 variants

@holdenwait What instructions/CTs do you use? And yeah I agree he's probably perfect for the wing, I just fear he could be marked out of games at times.
  • SaifR
    Denz wrote: »
    Play him RW in a 433 4. He is good but this game always puts the thought into my head that whichever elite player I buy "is he worth it?".

Value wise he probably isn't but TOTY aside I'm not sure which elite player really is. It's Messi. I'd rather score goals using his card than an OP player so I'm happy using him. Usually switch him to the left although he glides across the pitch beautifully cutting in on his left.

You have a similar mindset to me then, it's definitely much more fun to score with players you like IRL.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7167 posts Big Money Move
    He aint worth it
  • SaifR
    11lions wrote: »
    Buy 89 mertens thank me later

Too small for a ST for my liking, always play one up front.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2035 posts Fans' Favourite
    Denz wrote: »

Get BALE instead he's miles better!
  • SaifR
    I had this in mind btw:
  • SaifR
    He aint worth it

@Amargaladaster26 What team/formation did you use him in?
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did have him, being Welsh he was the first of the more expensive players I bought but I couldn't get enough out of him. Actually going to buy him back later though, I usually end up changing my mind numerous times.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    I played him RW in a 433(2) and in all honesty, he wasn't worth the 800k I paid for him. He is a lot of fun to use and in the draft I always go for him over Ronaldo but I thought (SIF) Salah fit better in my team at the time.
  • SaifR
    Edited OP with current team, and proposed team with Messi.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    SaifR wrote: »
    Would mean selling Pogba (a player who I spent ages saving towards). While I think he's brilliant IG, I just want a bit more from an 'elite' card.

Was considering using the proceeds of the sale to purchase Messi, but I would like some opinions on whether:

a) Messi is as good IG as he is IRL (the GOAT)
    b) how good is he at RW in 4-3-3 (2)/(5)

The team I have now:
    dc827c6328abe7bb438d8be57737e700.png

A team idea I have for Messi:

Cheers!

At cam he has no competition. Only from his own toty card or george best. His shooting is broken you will score alot of goals with him. He is def. Better than pogba.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tried Messi twice. Not for me. But you might love him. Id rather get modric Bale and sif Mkhi on the lw.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    Bale is a monster I packed home back in September and still have him. Never disappoints... great pace, decent dribble, good long shots, good passing ability, quality finisher and immense stamina oh and he got good height on him and strength and good with headers! Cheaper then messi and a lot more effective.
  • DanCJ
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got Messi, he is fantastic.
  • SaifR
    As a curveball, an alternative idea...

b092894492ba08e47c41b5b9ef20cdf0.png
  • Hamzy_LFC
    What you think
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    Bale is a monster I packed home back in September and still have him. Never disappoints... great pace, decent dribble, good long shots, good passing ability, quality finisher and immense stamina oh and he got good height on him and strength and good with headers! Cheaper then messi and a lot more effective.

If you are good at lt rt dribbling messi is far superior.