OT: Ghost Recon Wildlands open Beta

WoodyDaCuak
954 posts An Exciting Prospect
Anyone played the Beta?
I downloaded in Steam and wow, and I'm actually impressed. It's like GTA V, Crysis 1 and Ghost Recon had a baby :smiley:

Some very nice options when creating your character, weapon customization, and the world looks beautiful, although my vcard chokes on medium/high texture quality settings :disappointed:
Lots of vehicles.

My only issue is with squad control, besides the Sync, which is pretty cool especially when you unlock the second sync, I don't seem to have any control. I didn't manage to unlock flashbangs, but breaching into buildings and clearing them is seriously missing.

Cheers!

Comments

• Falafelmonster
    4832 posts National Call-Up
    Only played a few missions, but loved it.
    Graphics are solid and the world design feels rather authentic. I agree with you on the squad control,
    It's nothing groundbreaking for sure which is disappointing. Loved the character customization,
    I assume they'd have more options in the full release.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Need to try this,
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    I really enjoyed it especially playing co op with a few friends
  • WoodyDaCuak

Yeah I haven't tried playing co-op, but it looks rather fun.

@Falafelmonster agreed, looks and feels really good, nothing truly revolutionary, but the world is pretty darn huge and well detailed. I hope the side missions don't get repetitive, and also the "tagging" for rebels supplies can become tedious.

But seriously, spent all day playing, more time than I've spent on full games single player campaigns :lol:
  • Chriskrueger22
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special

@Falafelmonster agreed, looks and feels really good, nothing truly revolutionary, but the world is pretty darn huge and well detailed. I hope the side missions don't get repetitive, and also the "tagging" for rebels supplies can become tedious.

But seriously, spent all day playing, more time than I've spent on full games single player campaigns :lol:

If it's anything like Division (which the beta was), we're in for a lot of stupid repetitive missions. I can only hope we don't spend time doing the exact same steal the helicopter twice for every single territory. I got bored after a day but I'm hoping the full game is better.
  • DaWoodyDaCuak
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect

If it's anything like Division (which the beta was), we're in for a lot of stupid repetitive missions. I can only hope we don't spend time doing the exact same steal the helicopter twice for every single territory. I got bored after a day but I'm hoping the full game is better.

Yep, if the side missions all boil down to Steal helicopter/plane, stop convoy, turn off some antennas, it's going to get tedious fast.
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Got bored within half hour. I'd say maybe I wasn't in right sort of mood for it at the time but my brother and mate who I was playing with were also far from impressed. :(
  • XxMTOxX
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
    One, if not the worst game I've tried this year. I'll give it a go on PC, not expecting much though...
  • ClintCommander
    6973 posts Big Money Move
    Played 5 mins and uninstalled
  • WoodyDaCuak
    D i n k xD wrote: »
    Got bored within half hour. I'd say maybe I wasn't in right sort of mood for it at the time but my brother and mate who I was playing with were also far from impressed. :(

:disappointed: probably because I haven't played a shooter in ages I liked this one.

You guys are too picky :wink:
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game is horrible. Typical Ubisoft glitched up catastrophe.
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    Played about half hour enjoyed it will be much better full release with friends only thing i didnt like was driving vehicles
  • Worm
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    completed the beta on xbox and played a few missions on PC.

i got it free with my new graphics card. so ill be trying it. quite a nice relaxing game though. just taking your time picking people off.

the radios though. omg make them stop.
  • WoodyDaCuak
    Worm wrote: »

lol yeah saw a few of those glitches, cars flipping over for no reason, AI enemies either dumb or x-ray/night vision/telescopic vision lol
    just hope this is an older build from the final product, and give us proper squad orders to be more tactical, and being able to rappel down helis :smiley:
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    This game really isn't as bad as you make it seem.

• cory2510
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    imo
    basically the division in a different setting
    not much replay value
  • maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    played for many hours with a friend, it was nice, but i believe it will get boring pretty fast. repetitive.. and ubi are known for their crappy servers
  • Worm
    Worm wrote: »

lol yeah saw a few of those glitches, cars flipping over for no reason, AI enemies either dumb or x-ray/night vision/telescopic vision lol
    just hope this is an older build from the final product, and give us proper squad orders to be more tactical, and being able to rappel down helis :smiley:

This is normal Ubisoft. It carries over game to game and is never fixed or is but months after release when no one cares or plays. Ubisoft makes EA look like the greatest thing on earth. They're also in the midst of a takeover from Vivendi so who knows what is even going on anymore.
  • Shaanxz
    20737 posts Club Captain
    Imagine playing an ubisoft game :(
  • DaWoodyDaCuak
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Well, Assassins Creed "was" awesome :)
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Shaanxz wrote: »