How has everyone else fared against Gorilla?

Argie8
7430 posts Big Money Move
So last night I matched up against Gorilla in seasons which I couldn't believe as obviously he is a big name in the community and I've been subscribed to his youtube channel for a while now. So I was pretty star struck in all honesty and had little composure and he scored after 3 minutes, but then soon after I managed to equalise with 87 Mane which I couldn't believe. However, offensively he is absolutely unreal and I just couldn't do anything and tbh I lost my composure and he went up 4-1 by 25 minutes. After that, he clearly took his foot off the gas. But even still, I actually was better. I got my composure back and he created no chances all game whereas I missed 3 one on ones and 2 other easy chances in the box. He ended up scoring from a long ranger which hit the post and hit De Gea in the back and went in so I lost 5-1 but I still feel pretty proud of myself for doing so well against him for long periods considering I'm just a Gold 2/1 player.

So I was just wondering how everyone else has fared against him? Does he destory everyone else? Anyone beaten him. I expected to lose by double figures tbh.

TL;DR - I faced Gorilla. Lost 5-1 but played well once I got my head together. Wbu

Comments

• Heppers
    3503 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    Haven't faced Gorilla. Faced Hashtag Tass this year (Lost 2-1 last min) and DIG Walton last year (Lost 1-0)

I've faced Bateson87 twice this year, lost 1-0. Again a last minute finesse from CR7, but then faced him last week and although I only won 3-2 I dominated him all game.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35965 posts World Cup Winner
    I've not played Gorilla. But played Kurt last year, was 1-1 until the 80 minute and he buried 2 on me. His dribbling was just stupid. I couldn't stop his dribbling with stoich
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Only faced Bateson before, few years back for one of his wager series. Won 4-1 iirc
  • M98H
    14379 posts Has That Special Something
    Lost to gorilla 5-4 in champs 2 weeks ago, was 4-3 up in the match aswell.
    Helped him that I had a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ prem team while he had TOTY Ronaldo and TOTY Suarez.....finished gold 1
  • KingLionel10
    16561 posts World Class
    Got beat off him last year 5-0 :D

I was only in d2 though and it was a seasons game, stupid ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ELO
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Beat Kurt early on in the WL cycle 4-3 after ET. I was 3-2 up until the last kick too

I've also Made Insa who signed for Roma rage quit at two-nil lol
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Haven't played him this year, faced hI'm 4 times on 16 though, lost all but 2 were really close
  • He hasn't got the balls to play me.
  • Argie8
    edited February 2017
    Heppers wrote: »
    Haven't faced Gorilla. Faced Hashtag Tass this year (Lost 2-1 last min) and DIG Walton last year (Lost 1-0)

I've faced Bateson87 twice this year, lost 1-0. Again a last minute finesse from CR7, but then faced him last week and although I only won 3-2 I dominated him all game.

Jeez you must be pretty good then! Bateson is pretty sick

I was only in d2 though and it was a seasons game, stupid **** ELO

Haha good to see someone around my level then :lol:

Seems you're all pretty good at fifa if you're doing decent against such top opposition. Mad how I felt kinda proud just having a somewhat competitive match against him :lol:
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Haven't played Gorilla but I backed out against rocky :D

Lost to Gustella
    Beat xx benz xx
    Lost to nincompoop in pens after conceding a 120th minute goal on stream. This was at the beginning of the game, not that bad anymore.

But still nowhere near the top euro players, not even close to near.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Gorilla was on my recent players list this weekend but I didn't play him, one of us must've backed out in the match up screen.

I did play R Stackzz x the weekend just gone and won 3-0. I also played xTheSlyBadger a few weeks ago and lost 4-1 or 4-2 it might've been. My head was not on it in that game.
  • TheHo
    219 posts Sunday League Hero

I was only in d2 though and it was a seasons game, stupid **** ELO

in divisions u get matched up against players two division below ur two over your current division
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Never matched up against Gorilla

Best I've done is beat Itani twice and Marshall once
  • Argie8
    Yoshi wrote: »

Lost to Gustella
    Beat xx benz xx
    Lost to nincompoop in pens after conceding a 120th minute goal on stream. This was at the beginning of the game, not that bad anymore.

haha why back out? If it was WL then i can understand but if seasons then come on dude I've seen your YT series I know you're a good player :lol:
    Gorilla was on my recent players list this weekend but I didn't play him, one of us must've backed out in the match up screen.

I did play R Stackzz x the weekend just gone and won 3-0. I also played xTheSlyBadger a few weeks ago and lost 4-1 or 4-2 it might've been. My head was not on it in that game.

You're a top 100 player already though so this thread was not made for players who are obscenely good haha. Im joking (kinda). Still, I'm sure i'd feel pretty happy to get those results even if i was at your level :smile:
  • Argie8
    Campino wrote: »
    Never matched up against Gorilla

Best I've done is beat Itani twice and Marshall once

Thats pretty cool. I'd love to play Marshall one day.
  • DaiV2
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Lost 2-1 to WHUFC Dragon very unlucky. Beat a couple of t100 regulars. Always tight games against t100 players.
  • Andybelfast
    11038 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't know how you guys know some many of their names tbh. I only know the likes of gorilla and Bateson :lol:
  • DaiV2
    21 posts Ball Boy
    I don't know how you guys know some many of their names tbh. I only know the likes of gorilla and Bateson :lol:

Varying degrees of being "in" to the game. Guys like me are on the cusp of or in around t100 and so watch more pro players to try and learn from them. The guys who average Gold 3/Gold 2 probably aren't into the game as much as people like myself.

• Andybelfast
    11038 posts Has That Special Something
    DaiV2 wrote: »

Varying degrees of being "in" to the game. Guys like me are on the cusp of or in around t100 and so watch more pro players to try and learn from them. The guys who average Gold 3/Gold 2 probably aren't into the game as much as people like myself.

yeah that's me haha. Would hit gold each week mate. Although I am into the game I've played over 1000 games this year just don't really follow the pros
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »

Lost to Gustella
    Beat xx benz xx

haha why back out? If it was WL then i can understand but if seasons then come on dude I've seen your YT series I know you're a good player :lol:

You're a top 100 player already though so this thread was not made for players who are obscenely good haha. Im joking (kinda). Still, I'm sure i'd feel pretty happy to get those results even if i was at your level :smile:

I'm still way off the pace of the pros, seriously. I've had some good weekends recently, that's all. If I had to play other top 100s all weekend I'd only win half what I do now.
  • Argie8
    Argie8 wrote: »

Lost to Gustella
    Beat xx benz xx

I'm still way off the pace of the pros, seriously. I've had some good weekends recently, that's all. If I had to play other top 100s all weekend I'd only win half what I do now.

Thats still pretty damn impressive! What do you think is holding you back from moving up a level if you dont mind me asking? I tend to lump top 100 players into the same bracket, even though players like Tass, Rocky, etc seem on a different planet
  • P1stolpete187
    6538 posts Big Money Move
    Not played gorilla but ive beat matthdgamer and bateson, i remeber playing itani a few years ago and my daughter switched my xbox off not long after kicking off.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    not played gorilla but i may or may not have played Nep earlier this year :#
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner

Nep isn't that bad at the game compared to some of the other Youtubers
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Not bothered to play competitively for last few years. Just lost all love for FIFA since 13
  • Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    No_NaMe wrote: »

Nep isn't that bad at the game compared to some of the other Youtubers

yeah i was playing crap and he beat me easy
  • ShaunCPFC
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    What is it they do so well when dribbling ? Got to be more too it than just LT RT etc.

They can absolutely annihilate people with their dribbling, would love to know how :D
  • bhafc1901
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    He beat me 5-0 but I was using a load of silvers. Did sub Ronaldo on at ht at which stage it was only 1-0, probably made him try harder. Have beaten other top 100 players a few times but he was next level.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Kurt made a fool of me on his stream last year.. during his 350 odd game unbeaten streak i went one nil up after four minutes.

Was 5-1 down by half time :joy:
  • RoosGianni
    8166 posts League Winner
    Played against gorilla. Lost 2-1 due to a Neymar equalizer in the 90th min. Got lucky and he deserved more.

Lost 3-2 against bateson in the 120th min after being down with 10 men after 10minutes.

Drew Jamboo two days ago in division 1. I deserved to win, his goals was pure .... Through my defender his legs.