The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

How did you find this weekends WL?

Slow As Kieran
1676 posts Play-Off Hero
So, i am like most people and love using my boring BPL team with the players i love to watch IRL . That made me really dread this last weekend, as i had to go out of my comfort zone and make an all new team! I ended up using multiple teams over the course of the weekend as none of them would click for me!

My weekend league went sort of like this (I am an average player)

Great start with like 9 wins and 2 losses

Terrible run ended the day with a record of something around 10 wins and 12 losses

played another 7 or so games with a couple different teams and managed to get 1 win taking me to 11 wins and 18 losses.

That left me with 11 games to go and i needed to get 7 wins to get to 18 which i usually get pretty easily (only entered around 4 WL's) I won the first, then lost straight a couple. Needed 6 wins from 8. I changed to a BBVA team with IF Ben Yedder in there and managed to win 6 in a row which got me my 18 wins and meant i have gold for monthly!

I am so happy with gold for monthly as i only managed to play 3 weekends this month, and it is the first month i have been able to play more than one weekend! But this weekend was so so stressful and probably the first time i have not enjoyed the WL.

TL;DR I started well, went to pot, ended well, got an average monthly record but finally have some monthly rewards to look forward to!

Comments

• DarthGrowler
    15229 posts World Class
    Very bad. Input lag was too much. Played 16 and didn't bother then
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Played 0. Ended with a record of 0-0.
    Lag didn't bother me at all. :)
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    Santiago wrote: »
    Played 0. Ended with a record of 0-0.
    Lag didn't bother me at all. :)

haha! I feel you! It is strange as I really enjoy the challenge usually, but this weekend i found myself getting frustrated.
  • KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    It was unplayable, think I went 1-5 then I gave up. Lag was just insane.
  • DarthGrowler
    15229 posts World Class
    KaterNL wrote: »

I hope this mornings maintenance was to fix that issue but I wouldn't hold my breath
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Somehow my best WL yet. 27 wins. But honestly, I had some good breaks. Think I won 3 games in the 90th/120th. Only went to PKs once and won.
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    gameplay was great on Friday, but I only had time to play 4 games, so went 4-0. Then on Saturday the gameplay was worse, but still decent enough and i went 7-2 to get me to 11-2 overall. On Sunday the game was absolutely shocking!!! I was not even playing good players, instead the game was just as bad as has ever been. I ended up stopping on 18 wins with a record of 18-5. For me, I just don't have time to play all 40 and when the gameplay changes so drastically each day it does not motivate me to play more.
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    Somehow my best WL yet. 27 wins. But honestly, I had some good breaks. Think I won 3 games in the 90th/120th. Only went to PKs once and won.

Nice! I didn't experience lag etc but did really 'meh'

Maybe you came up against people like me who were salty as they had to use different to their usual BPL teams? :D
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    pittphan wrote: »
    gameplay was great on Friday, but I only had time to play 4 games, so went 4-0. Then on Saturday the gameplay was worse, but still decent enough and i went 7-2 to get me to 11-2 overall. On Sunday the game was absolutely shocking!!! I was not even playing good players, instead the game was just as bad as has ever been. I ended up stopping on 18 wins with a record of 18-5. For me, I just don't have time to play all 40 and when the gameplay changes so drastically each day it does not motivate me to play more.

Nice. I have been playing it lately as i am no longer needing to work weekends! 18-5 is still very good I wish i could do that! I just scraped Gold for monthy :D
  • deepdish1
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    both leagues have crap players unless you can afford the high end players. stopped at 14 wins for gold monthly with 16 remaining games. the weekend league for me has become a bit tiresome, with the bs laggy servers and the time needed to play 40 games.

looking forward to wildlands and mass effect 3 this month, fifa will take a back seat for the foreseeable future

• KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro

I hope this mornings maintenance was to fix that issue but I wouldn't hold my breath

I'm just hoping for a change in FIFA 18 at this point, don't see it happening this version
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32425 posts National Team Captain
    Gameplay was the worst its ever been. Sundays gameplay was not bad, but Friday-Saturday was a joke.
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero

I'm just hoping for a change in FIFA 18 at this point, don't see it happening this version

The sad thing about what you say is that every year someone says the same thing and it never gets truly fixed :(
  • DarthGrowler
    15229 posts World Class

The sad thing about what you say is that every year someone says the same thing and it never gets truly fixed :(

It destroys the experience for casual players
  • Adamski
    9959 posts League Winner
    Had my best weekend yet and hit 36 wins, just missed out on the top 100 though. Quite enjoyed no BPL :relieved:
  • jdros
    2655 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    Gameplay was the worst its ever been. Sundays gameplay was not bad, but Friday-Saturday was a joke.

I woke up at 3:30am my time on Friday (east US) - not intentionally but I was awake and decided to play. The connection was possibly the best I've ever had. Played off and on throughout the day and did get laggier, after dinner was a little tough with the delay.

Next played Saturday night and it was pretty good. Didn't play at all yesterday.

• SupaNoodle1990
    26218 posts Player of the Year
    No bpl..... I loved it B)
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    I had at least a second delay on input. I lost the first game on pens after a fluke goal conceded & then won 4-0 or something. It was that bad though I wasn't enjoying it, so didn't bother playing anymore. So won 1, lost 1.

I was on for silver anyway and that's where I stayed.

Annoyingly, my mate who is far worse than me has gold monthly as he manages to play the games. Well, I'm happy for him, but ya know.....
  • AlexSolm
    8276 posts League Winner
    Input lag was bad but I liked not facing BPL, don't think I ever faced the same 11 twice.
  • DaiV2
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Played 40, had 1 game without lag, got 33 wins.
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Input lag was bad but I liked not facing BPL, don't think I ever faced the same 11 twice.

It was nice to avoid all the stuff like Bailly and Smalling, Musa etc... But Renato Sanches was starting to annoy me as he is SO bad but always scored at vital times against me
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaiV2 wrote: »

Nice! Well, not nice, but fair play getting that record with lag!

• CtldChaos
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    I found the average skill level of the players to be much higher than previous WLs, ESPECIALLY on Friday. It seems that everyone with the sweaty BPL teams took the WL off and just left he committed (me) and the really good.
  • codexavellum
    1004 posts Professional
    26-14, started great as usual and then i hit a slump from games 11-25 as usual. Can't seem to get it together and hit Elite. Oh well
  • DaiV2
    21 posts Ball Boy
    DaiV2 wrote: »

Nice! Well, not nice, but fair play getting that record with lag!

I lost the game without lag. Players felt like they were on drugs, like the gameplay was on 1.5x speed.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Got Gold monthly and then hit 18 wins and stopped. I'm over the moon with that because I was using this team. :joy:

0MXtyMZ.jpg

It was pretty frustrating at times but it made it even more worth it.
  • Heppers
    3370 posts National Call-Up
    Played 5, won my first 4 and then RQ my final game 1st minute so that I could qualify for rewards as I was running late and had to catch a train.
  • Falafelmonster
    4836 posts National Call-Up
    Felt like more people started games on defensive / ultra defensive / counter attacks and in general took less risks because they didn't have their usual BPL OP players to count on.
    All in all I was so happy to not run into Smalling/Kante every game. I hope they instill more run requirements down the road.
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up

It's funny that I agree, but I had the opposite experience where Friday was good and it got worse from there with Sunday being the worst ever.
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    Garbage, the input lag was horrendous i managed to make a cup of coffee in between pressing my buttons to do a scoop turn and the player trying to pull it off.