Which players surprised you this Bund/La Liga WL?

Furrag85
1751 posts Play-Off Hero
Following on from last weeks thread:

Positives:
NIF Fahrmann: Having played 600 games with Neuer, I grew sick of conceding rebound goals, with Manny parrying all the time to opponents. I parted with him for an inflated 160k, and replaced him with Fahrmann for 3k or so. The difference? Distribution only. Fahrmann is an exceptional goalkeeper. Better than Butland has performed for me. Only thing that lets him down is lack of a long throw.

IF Torres - Pleasantly surprised. Not only did this card make me a shed load of money through investing, but I rolled with him. He's very tall, very stocky, clearly has acceleration, and offers a great physical/technical combo. Solid finisher too. Shame he doesnt have 4* skills. One of the few I've seen do a scoop turn IRL. Recommended.

De Marcos - Pacey, and appeared to be VERY strong. Very good attacking full-back. Also made a mint on him Friday/Saturday night. I won about 100 of them on bids for 750-1200, and instant BIN sold them for 2100-2200. Easy money.

Negatives:
IF Jovetic - Harsh, but he started off a blinder at CAM. He then went to ****, and often or not drifted in and out of games. In games he influenced, he would score. His finishing is solid. In too many games he was a passenger though.

NIF N'Zonzi - Having used his IF, I couldn't believe just how awful his NIF was. Not great positionally, not a wall when it came to tackling. Really disappointing, so much so, I sold him mid WL.

Bakambu - Offered so little at times, other than to stretch the opponents defence. Most of his goals came on the counter from opponents corners when it felt like the game wanted me to score. Disappointed as he'd done well before for me.

Comments

• crackers07
    1025 posts Professional
    Leno was awful keeper.
  • Paawky
    2552 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jonathan Tah was amazing. Poor mans Boateng.
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    crackers07 wrote: »
    Leno was awful keeper.

I didn't use him but I noticed that against me.
    Paawky wrote: »
    Jonathan Tah was amazing. Poor mans Boateng.

Again, didn't use him, but he was very good against me

I had somehow never used Renato all year. He's very good for a 78 rated player...hype is deserved.

I chose Muller as my ST between Bale and Reus (used Reus for about half of my matches, sold him for a while). Muller averaged .5 goals and .5 assists - all I needed him to do.

Had 82 Casemiro in my club - was very good.

84 Thiago has no stamina...same with 84 Isco. Subbed on Movember Loan Ric Rod for them most matches and he's a very competent CM sub.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh yes, Reus is superb. especially at CAM. Definitely another positive. Same as Tah. He seemed to compliment Boateng more so than Varane, strangely enough.
  • Sanchezzzz
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    None they're all ****.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Goretzka, that guy is a monster. :D
  • Olleman
    12632 posts Has That Special Something
    I liked IF Kovacic. Absolutely hated Carvajal. Cost me soooo many goals
  • ShaunCPFC
    4182 posts National Call-Up
    Vidal has been the only player who's been half decent.
  • WFCBagnall
    69618 posts Moderator
    They all surprised me how **** they were
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    http://xboxclips.com/Johnny SAFC V1/99ef80e9-9dc3-4b92-a1a3-58f2aafe1a71/embed
    Personally thought Leno was the German Jack Butland. I really struggled against him. I also really liked Coman
  • Stordy
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero
    IF Torres - 14 games - 13 goals - 6 assists. Hes finishing was surprising for an 84 IF
    84 Asenjo - Made some great reflex saves
    IF Kovacic - Guy was everywhere from start to finish
    IF Juame Costa - Scored some bangers left foot cross goal and the pace helps out in defence
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Sif N'zonzi was really good, enjoyed him a lot.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    MOTM Casemiro was a beast at CCM in 4-3-2-1.

Didn't expect too much as I've used the similar Med/Med defensive type mids before and they all disappointed. However, Casemiro sat there properly with Modric and Vidal either side, he wasn't a slouch in tracking back and can pass the ball effectively.

IF Leno. Packed him last week so thought I might as well use him. Only down point is not having a massive throw. He never seems to parry anything back into the box and was consistent for all 40.
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Only decent player were 88 sokartis, Vidal and if dembele.

Reus is dirt
    Sanchez can't pass for ****
    Leno is horrible
    I missed tif eriksen
  • Wiganlad
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    All bundes keepers including neur are absolute pish bar totgs Fahrmann!!!

Lewandowski sucks. IF werner much better.

Toprak + if sokratis best cb pairing.

Keita at cm is bundes Kante.

Vidal is a beast. (can't believe I only bought him with 10 games to play)

Also realised 4-3-2-1 is the best formation after months of playing thus game and never using it.
  • Invincibility
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    MOTM 86 Stindl at CM.. played him RCM and his positioning and accurate assisting were just so crucial.. if only he had 80 pace he would he going for 125k at least
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Leno out shines farhman for me

Lewandowski is god tier

Toprak is awful
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    Coman is jesus christ incarnate as a super sub.
  • Iván
    998 posts Professional
    IF Vietto
  • FGseixas
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Brosinski and Kolasinac are amazing
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    ^Kampl 82 is brilliant in my midfield especially for around 900 coins
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move

Didn't expect too much as I've used the similar Med/Med defensive type mids before and they all disappointed. However, Casemiro sat there properly with Modric and Vidal either side, he wasn't a slouch in tracking back and can pass the ball effectively.

IF Leno. Packed him last week so thought I might as well use him. Only down point is not having a massive throw. He never seems to parry anything back into the box and was consistent for all 40.

Played the same mid, but TOTY Modric and 412122. Case at CDM. I was very happy with his play. Really surprised. Plays much faster then the pace states.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8240 posts League Winner
    Ramos surprised me with how bad he was.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move

Played the same mid, but TOTY Modric and 412122. Case at CDM. I was very happy with his play. Really surprised. Plays much faster then the pace states.

Yeah I had the TOTY Modric in there too. He can actually tackle where the NIF can't :lol:
  • Shakey Jakey
    1008 posts Professional
    Goretzka, that guy is a monster. :D
    scored some beauties with that guy unreal value for that card

• shandyandy
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mov Gustavo was excellent in midfield for me.

Never used Vidal, Sanches or Boateng all awesome for me.
  • ShaunCPFC
    4182 posts National Call-Up
    Ramos surprised me with how bad he was.

Didn't even surprise me :joy:

Used him before when I spent a shed load of coins thinking he has to be good and he was dreadful :/
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Santander mids have no kante clone.
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was thinking of doing the exact same thread.

Vidal- Excellent midfielder, probably the best cm I've used. Scored a fair few clutch longshots for me. Sh*ts all over Sanches.

Reus- insane, especially at cm. His shooting is just so satisfying.

I got along far better with my cheaper Bundes team than I did my BBVA team.
  • DOMinant
    1440 posts Play-Off Hero
    By no means cheap, but I forgot how good Messi was. I haven't used him since I got POTM Hazard and wow he is still amazing. Tempting to sell ADP and just use Messi instead