L1 intermittent issue

SeanDCFC
2372 posts Fans' Favourite
Does anyone know a fix for this issue? My L1 only works sometimes at the moment. Started a WL game without knowing this and It was a nightmare to play. Player switching with just the right stick is so hit and miss.Tried to find solutions but can only see fixes for when the button doesn't work at all, I've tried resetting it, disconnecting and reconnecting from the PS4, I've taken the controller apart and I can't see obvious problems.

Any Ideas? Only have one controller and really wanted to get a few games in tonight. Will buy another one tomorrow if it's done.

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    You're obviously experiencing the thing you thought wouldn't exist : button lag.
  • SeanDCFC
    You're obviously experiencing the thing you thought wouldn't exist : button lag.

No, the button doesn't always work outside of FIFA either. Get the same issue in other games and in menus. The game I played was smooth btw.
  • dre7slb
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can switch the L1 button to a different button in the controller settings. But it sounds like you need a new controller either way
  • SeanDCFC
    dre7slb wrote: »
    You can switch the L1 button to a different button in the controller settings. But it sounds like you need a new controller either way

Yeah I could probably switch L2 and L1, As I probably use L2 the least. Might just do that for now and get a new controller in the morning.
  • SeanDCFC
    I've switched the buttons and it's soo awkward, feels super weird but at least I can get some games in like this.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    New controller dude unfortunately...all those rage quits coming back to haunt you :D

Jokes ;)
  • SeanDCFC
    New controller dude unfortunately...all those rage quits coming back to haunt you :D

Jokes ;)

I'm going to go pick up a new one tomorrow.
    Haha I never rage quit ;)
    Still getting wins, 3 wins from 3 in WL 10 scored and none conceded. Maybe I'm better like this lol
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    SeanDCFC wrote: »

Yeah I could probably switch L2 and L1, As I probably use L2 the least. Might just do that for now and get a new controller in the morning.

Dunno why, but every fifa I swap L1+L2. And R1+R2. Catches me out everything I have a game round a mates house!
  • SeanDCFC
    wade_7_ wrote: »

Dunno why, but every fifa I swap L1+L2. And R1+R2. Catches me out everything I have a game round a mates house!

I also don't use the default setup, I use the old Pro Evo controls. I only switched for Fifa 10. Never bothered learning the FIFA controls. It gets me everytime in my mates as well, always wonder why my players aren't sprinting before I realise lol
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Speaking of controller setup...anyone else use the dpad to move instead of the analog stick?
  • SeanDCFC
    Speaking of controller setup...anyone else use the dpad to move instead of the analog stick?

Not since PS2 days lol. Didn't think anyone still did tbh
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up
    My lil boy broke my l1 button managed to get it to work just sometimes gets stuck usually when there through on goal time for a new pad :neutral:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    edited February 2017

Not since PS2 days lol. Didn't think anyone still did tbh

Tbh I feel my finishing is way better...but each to their own