Why did OTW/IF Kante get an upgrade?

maxwms
2519 posts Fans' Favourite
Been asking myself that question for days. Don't know if I'm stupid af or not.

Why did he get an upgrade? His new card is 83 rated and his IF was 84.
So his new card (83) doesn't equal or surpass his current IF (84) but it still got upgraded to a 85.

Why? I don't get it...

Comments

• Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA has decided to upgrade IFs independently from NIF this year. Just because NIF is upgraded, doesn't mean IF is.
  • maxwms
    The article regarding the rating refreshes literally says that an IF won't get upgraded if the new standard card doesn't equal or surpass the existing first IF.
    So according to their own rules the card shouldn't get upgraded.
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner
    Their FAQ is just copy paste from last year and is irrelevant for this year.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/250167/confusion-regarding-upgraded-informs#latest
  • Everton1878
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    maxwms wrote: »
    The article regarding the rating refreshes literally says that an IF won't get upgraded if the new standard card doesn't equal or surpass the existing first IF.

They say there are exceptions if the IF had a big increase or something like that. Essentially they're trying to keep it so all nifs go to the same overall rated IF. So 83s go to 85, so IF Kante should be 85. Alternatively 85s go to 86 so even though Kane was upgraded to 85, his IF is still 86.
  • maxwms

They say there are exceptions if the IF had a big increase or something like that. Essentially they're trying to keep it so all nifs go to the same overall rated IF. So 83s go to 85, so IF Kante should be 85. Alternatively 85s go to 86 so even though Kane was upgraded to 85, his IF is still 86.

I don't get what you're trying to say, sorry :smiley:
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner

Check the link I posted above. He gave you the TL;DR version.
  • maxwms
    Rick wrote: »

Check the link I posted above. He gave you the TL;DR version.

Will check, thanks pizza girl
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/250167/confusion-regarding-upgraded-informs#latest

It was irrelevant last year as well, the upgrades were just a lot smaller last year so it was easy to miss
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner
    Rumplefish wrote: »

It was irrelevant last year as well, the upgrades were just a lot smaller last year so it was easy to miss

Skipped last year so wouldn't know. Copy paste from 2015 then :D