12842 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 2017
My current team is:
POTM Ibrahimovic
Hazard - SIF Eriksen - Mkhitaryan
Kante - Pogba
IF Alonso - David Luiz - Smalling - UP Valencia
Lloris

However, now MOTM Mkhitaryan has been released and is a CAM, a card I've been waiting for all year, I really want him. However, in order to afford him, I'm going to have to sell Pogba who I also really like.

Do I just stick with my team and hope I can afford him later? Or do I sell Pogba to get him? Which would present two further problems.

Who do I replace Pogba with? POTM Dele Alli? And who would I play at RM? Not sure I'd be able able to spend much on that position.

Bit of a dilemma... 36 votes

Buy MOTM Mkhitaryan (please add who the RM & CDM replacements would be)
55%
RealMLynchuBob LoblawNiallmac26Everton1878giv me a quaverPughy30WFCBagnalledwinstreememphis07KingEric66RidikuluzleonkenworthyukSimmoEFCAce_CalhounePronoobMr_Matchup1j8kHa5s786Capablanca 20 votes
Stick with current team
44%
RonaldoIndritVaaassJRMaverickUncle RemusJaxitexKilla Souvlakisturges12345Retro_GNVS_WhiskeyRicey69SabbathConductorContemo3ath2335cdbuck26 16 votes

Comments

• exzoo
    31908 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 2017
    What's your budget like atm? Mkhi will deffo drop tomorrow when the WL rewards are out, so maybe you could afford him then?
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Stick with current team
    Wait a few days at least, see when his price settles. I want that card myself, but will need to save for a few weeks with weekly rewards, unless I get lucky tomorrow instead of the usual discard packs.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Kante - Dembele
    OTW Mane - MOTM Mhki - Hazarrd
    POTM Ibra

in budget right?
  • Nate
    2149 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well he's out for a full week, you definitely have some time to see where he settles at. But if he ends up somewhat around around Pogba's price coin wise, how much do you have to work with?

• SaifR
    exzoo wrote: »
    What's your budget like atm? Mkhi will deffo drop tomorrow when the WL rewards are out, so maybe you could afford him then?

Right now I don't have many coins, so would need to sell to buy. I'm assuming Mkhitaryan will drop atleast another 150-200k yet, which is when I'd look to start buying. Can't afford to at his current price (but he's only just been released).
  • SaifR
    Nate wrote: »
    Well he's out for a full week, you definitely have some time to see where he settles at. But if he ends up somewhat around around Pogba's price coin wise, how much do you have to work with?

I'd be selling SIF Eriksen, NIF Mkhitaryan & Pogba, giving me around 650k in total. Minus Mkhitaryan's cost from that and that's what I have to work with :grimace:
  • SaifR
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Wait a few days at least, see when his price settles. I want that card myself, but will need to save for a few weeks with weekly rewards, unless I get lucky tomorrow instead of the usual discard packs.

That would be the usual course of action, but with SBC Alli expiring tomorrow (best replacement for Pogba imo as an 'attacking CDM') then I need to put plans into motion now :weary:
  • SaifR
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Kante - Dembele
    POTM Ibra

in budget right?

Don't think so man.
  • Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gueye at CDM and go 3 CAMs with POTM Alli...

Or sell Hazard not pogba and have Pogba at CAM still if you can afford it?
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Dembele and MOTM Mahrez/IF Shaqiri
  • Ha5s786
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    For CDM get matic and for RM get inform/motm Walcott
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ander Herrera CDM

Willian RM
  • Pughy30
    25578 posts Player of the Year
    I'd go IF Willian RM and SBC Alli CDM he's not far off a Pogba type player
  • Bob Loblaw
    SaifR wrote: »
    Kante - Dembele
    POTM Ibra

in budget right?

Don't think so man.

sorry thought it was IF Mhki at RM

maybe MOTM Walcott instead of Mane?
  • SaifR
    Already down to 700k
  • SaifR
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Dembele and MOTM Mahrez/IF Shaqiri

Dembele's good but he lacks that bit of quality Pogba and POTM Alli can bring
  • Ronaldo
    3746 posts National Call-Up
    Stick with current team
    Trust me Pog is huge in that role he'll be hard to replace, all those people saying Kante and another small cdm
    dont know how influential it is to have a bigman in that formation. Also mkh's High/high WR's might cause him problems in the cam role.
  • Capablanca
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    Trust me Pog is huge in that role he'll be hard to replace, all those people saying Kante and another small cdm
    dont know how influential it is to have a bigman in that formation. Also mkh's High/high WR's might cause him problems in the cam role.

Nope, his workrates aren't a problem
  • SaifR
    Capablanca wrote: »
    Ronaldo wrote: »

Nope, his workrates aren't a problem

This.

I do agree that Pogba is hard to replace there, he's so influential in my team. Might wait a few days and see how I feel.
  • Nate
    2149 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nate wrote: »

I'd be selling SIF Eriksen, NIF Mkhitaryan & Pogba, giving me around 650k in total. Minus Mkhitaryan's cost from that and that's what I have to work with :grimace:

Yea I mean Alli would only set you back like 50k~ or so after the packs at the worst, but he could be flat out bad, who knows lol.

Maybe try out some different RMs and CDMs this week until about Monday or so to see where you're at
  • SaifR
    Tbh I do often switch to the narrow variation IG, maybe I could just put IF Mkhi at RM then move him central IG? But would need a CAM who could play RAM.
  • Bob Loblaw
    Tbh I do often switch to the narrow variation IG, maybe I could just put IF Mkhi at RM then move him central IG? But would need a CAM who could play RAM.

IF jesus
  • SaifR

IF jesus

That's actually a great idea.
  • Capablanca
    edited February 2017
    @SaifR Mkhitaryan is class, I enjoyed using him as a RM more than the pacey ones. I mean you will miss Pogba but I think attackers are more important.

I'm myself waiting for his price to settle down so I can put him next to Ronaldo as I desperately need a left footed complete striker. I think tomorrow after rewards are out should be a good time to buy his card

901c2c24f5010bc27c96c1646015404b.png
  • SaifR
    @SaifR Mkhitaryan is class, I enjoyed using him as a RM more than the pacey ones. I mean you will miss Pogba but I think attackers are more important.

I'm myself waiting for his price to settle down so I can put him next to Ronaldo as I desperately need a left footed complete striker. I think tomorrow after rewards are out should be a good time to buy his card

Wow looks class. What about Zlatan tho?
  • Capablanca

Wow looks class. What about Zlatan tho?

Was awful for me. Slowed down every attack and felt like playing with 10 men
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Wait a few days to see what he settles around
  • Buy MOTM Mkhitaryan (please add who the RM & CDM replacements would be)
    POTM Dele Alli, Mkhi CAM, Willian RM (mahrez is you can skill).

Then save up to buy Pogba back.