Players that surprised you this BPL WL?

Furrag85
1751 posts Play-Off Hero
edited February 2017
Don't really use BPL teams, as I find them boring, given I face them the most.

Positive:
Michail Antonio IF at RB - Packed him in my monthly rewards. Pacey, strong, 4* WF and skills, superb in the air. Actually defended fairly well, surprisingly, due to his physique. Stamina was an issue towards ET and the end of games. Pacy wingers could rinse him. IRL, he doesn't stop running, so stamina of 79 is poor research on EA's part.

Martial - never really used him. Started off superb at striker. 12 goals in 10 games. Then just went quiet. 2 in the next 11 or so. Very inconsistent. Can see his appeal thanks to his unique specialities, but having used other players, he still ended up being sold.

POTM Alli - destroyed me a couple of occasions with some ridiculous goals, that he shouldn't be scoring. A real handful, especially if you like to use stop-start players, as he changes direction very quickly.

Negative:
Shaw - felt sluggish and clunky on the ball. Often out of position. Will be targeting the flanks next time I come up against him.

Bailly - destroyed my defence. Constantly breaking the line. Will definitely utilise my CAM more against him, as he was a liability for me.

Butland - Inconsistent. Having used Neuer for 500 games, then going to Butland, I had my head in my hands. Especially one on ones. Good reflex keeper, but long shots and low driven shots, he showed that he's sub-standard.

87 Mane: Faced him several times. Didn't cause any problems. Often or not, my Shaw (who felt sluggish!) could keep up with him, and still out-muscle him. Think I conceded 1 to him out of facing him 14 times or so. Very overrated.

SBC Payet: He was the jewel in my crown once. However, with more and more upgraded cards coming out since, he's been overshadowed, and games tend to pass him by now, with him not having as much influence as he used to. A real shame.

Comments

• BigBadAl696
    1009 posts Professional
    Big positive for me was TIF Kane. His movement, positioning and finishing were too class along with having the strength to hold off the obligatory Smalling. I think I'm going to keep him as originally only bought for the this weekend
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    UP Rose was awesome for me, I usually use Clichy or Shaw but this was my first time using rose and was very impressed.
    Kompany - I liked him better than IF Reid or Kosc paired up with Smalling
    Schneiderlen - Very good CCM, I think I prefer him to Matic.
    G. Jesus - Very good and fun player
  • WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    They all surprised me how **** they were.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Inform Antonio was a great super sub.
    Sbc can/dele alli/rb Rooney all play well individually but as a midfield trio they were terrible!
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    PoTM Alli was really solid for me as a CM.

TIF Eriksen who I have in monthly reward card was incredible
  • Barbwinho17
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SBC Giovinco - I exploited the 16 PL player requirement :D
  • Eddie Jones
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fellaini for me. First time I've used him this year and he held his own
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    87 Eriksen finesse shot both feet won me probably 10 WL games on his own.
  • Bluebirds87
    691 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Positives

POTM Alli - seen him get some grief on here but was amazing for me both at CAM and CM finished on 20 goals and 19 assists

Upgraded POTM Son - Sure a statto out there will give me the deets that it's like 7 point upgrade or something boring and it may be placebo but this guy felt reborn after being stale for so long. Hit about 16 goals off the bench for me and won me some tight ones!

Musa - Faced him once in 40 games well done to the other 39 players I played for not being a ****

MOTM SON - not got him myself but faced him 5/6 times and lost everyone and he must of hit 12-15 against me. What a player!

Negatives

IF Gray - Scored 17 but should of scored about 50. Seriously his goals to shot ratio is appalling and I'm sure a blind man could pass the ball better. Literally needs it on a plate

Left back position - couldn't get this right all weekend. SIF Milner played there for majority of weekend but got burnt so often, Tried Clichy, Shaw, Azculpulata at varying times but all awful!

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Musa and Vardy.

Although it's common knowledge they are good I had never used them before yesterday so I didn't understand the hype. Now I do.
    Started off with martial and lukaku and struggled, switched to musa and Vardy and the game became so much easier.

David luiz is also hands down the best bpl defender. @ScouserChris recommended him after bailly was awful for me. What a shout lad :wink:
  • Orison
    47607 posts FIFA Cover Star
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

• COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Musa and Vardy.

Although it's common knowledge they are good I had never used them before yesterday so I didn't understand the hype. Now I do.
    Started off with martial and lukaku and struggled, switched to musa and Vardy and the game became so much easier.

David luiz is also hands down the best bpl defender. @ScouserChris recommended him after bailly was awful for me. What a shout lad :wink:

Never used Luiz but just read in another thread he sucks
  • AlexSolm
    8186 posts League Winner
    IF Firmino was very good for me, haven't really used him before this weekend
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    For Me -
    Upgraded Rose - he is brilliant.
    75 Olsson - great cover for right or left back.
    POTM Alli - at lcm - I don't understand the hate he gets.
    Loic Remy at cam!
    Wayne Rooney at cam - subbed on at ht for Remy!
    SBC Gio - Comes on last 30 for martial and does so much damage.
    Kouyate - comes on last 30 for dembele and bosses middle.
    SBC Laca - my star man - could hug him to death!

Against me -
    Lukaku
    Sterling
    Begovic
    Cazorla - no place for him in my squad but he was good in others
  • Left back position - couldn't get this right all weekend. Milner played there for majority of weekend but got burnt so often, Tried Clichy, Shaw, Azculpulata at varying times but all awful!

This is definitely a huge weak point in BPL. Rest of the positions aren't awful players, but it's rough that the best LB IMO is Rose. I was lucky to have SBC Kurzawa so I could throw him in
  • Carlos181
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    Went against 87 Mane a lot and surprised how overrated he is. Definitely doesn't play the way his stats suggest he should.
  • Kove
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    Kante and Smalling in every team, that was surprising.

Shaqiri surprised me. Such a good cheap card.
  • deltsbrah
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I found this weekend's Weekend League to be the hardest i have played in.

Coming up against waves of Bellerin , Smalling, Bailey, Walker , Kante , Musa , Martial combo was torture.

• Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Luke Shaw is the worst defender I've ever used, 87 Mane is in my top 3 fav attackers along with AdP and TOTY Suarez
  • Cadey 5
    10381 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

@WFCBagnall I actually lol'd :D
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    If defoe, played this guy expecting easy win. Defoe 4 goals lost 4-2, goal kicks he was booting ball up and Defoe won every ball v smalling..
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    SBC Suarez and OTW Jesus where a phenomenal strike force!

Gaston Ramirez behind them was really good.
    Elabdelloui and Olsson are as better at FB as any other prem FB I tried!!
    Curtis Davies is a poor mans Smalling!

Butland and Lloris are awful for ME!!
  • Sercs
    18614 posts World Class
    Zouma was good, Pereya like I remember was great too. Ended up taking profit on my big players and used a cheaper mid/defence as I was stopping at 18 anyhow.
  • McRaven
    4224 posts National Call-Up
    I had to get used to OTW Mané 'cause he upgraded mid WL. Great card once I got used to him, decent finishing and his strength if you know when to time the shielding button is insane. He pushed Smalling away, didn't even know that was possible.

POTM Ibra started scoring more than he did in the previous WL and IF Alonso, IF David Luiz and IF Reid have proven to be amazing defenders.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    I have IF Alonso as untradeable and he was woeful at times. Position was off and he'd hang a leg out for no reason when he was no where near intercepting anything. Tried Shaw. Nope, same again. Ended up with SIF Coleman at RB and Walker LB.

88 Eriksen was probably the best player to use from the Prem. 88 Lukaku was good at times, his pace surprised people who always thought you'd just shield with him.

Hero Rooney wasn't too good either, thought he'd be better that the other options in LCM. I should've just used Henderson.
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Hero Rooney was so clinical as the ccam
  • DarthGrowler
    14199 posts Has That Special Something
    OTW Mane, although I've made a lot of my coins off him throughout this fifa, even I think otw is a gimmick and nothing changes........until this weekend!

Mane ran riot. (Although I must admit I was using him in a sweatbag 4321). He's so quick, strong, finishes basically everything. Scored some insane goals.

He doesn't feel like 99 pace but if you can get him on the end of a through ball nobody is catching him
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    This is a good thread

Should make one after each league based WL
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    OTW Mane, although I've made a lot of my coins off him throughout this fifa, even I think otw is a gimmick and nothing changes........until this weekend!

Mane ran riot. (Although I must admit I was using him in a sweatbag 4321). He's so quick, strong, finishes basically everything. Scored some insane goals.

He doesn't feel like 99 pace but if you can get him on the end of a through ball nobody is catching him

OTW mane and Motm were very good against me, thank god the defence they had were pss poor
  • JmillThundrUp
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bailly absolutely killed me this weekend. I am renaming him the Lukaku stopper. He runs straight through him like he's a 70 strength.