FIFA 18 Needs the National League

Stugg93
173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I know EA are impossibly difficult to contact for a multinational organisation, so I apologise that I've had to post this on here.

FIFA 18 needs the National League, with all the cup success that Lincoln City and Sutton United have had in the FA Cup it now makes a mockery of FIFA's FA career mode cup. The fact that one team in the last 8 of competition is not in the game is ridiculous and that albeit however unlikely that could be two teams in the last 8 by monday night. The inclusion of the league would also add in general to the FA cup in the game, as it would allow for some real giant killings to occur.

Furthermore, it would massively add to the bottom of League 2 and the fight to stay in the football league, as well as allow for so many more people to have their local side in the game. It would also add a new feature in trying to get teams promoted into the football league. These teams aren't small "sunday league" teams either, Tranmere Rovers, Lincoln City, Wrexham, Chester, Maidstone United, York City, Eastleigh, Aldershot Town, Torquay United, Forest Green Rovers, Sutton United, Macclesfield Town, Woking, Barrow, Dover Athletic and Dagenham & Redbridge have massive crowds for level 5 of a pyramid system. Yes there are a 2 or 3 very small sides (Braintree, North Ferriby and Boreham Wood) but the league as a whole is massively strong and would complete the English league.

These aren't awful players with two left feet either, yes some times the players can't perform for 46 games a season, but they can produce moments of world class like any other player, and it's only the consistency that often allows them not to go higher into league football. It would amazing to develop players and do a "Vardy" and get players hanging around in non league football to go to being champions of England and playing the premier league and for their country in international football.

If you wanted to go even further you could add the North and South divisions as particularly the North is so strong this season. I'm sure in particular a lot of people would love to play as Salford City the side owned by the class of 92, but you also have Stockport County, FC United of Manchester, FC Halifax Town, AFC Fylde, Kidderminster Harriers, Darlington, Chorley, Altrincham, AFC Telford United, Boston United and in the South Ebbsfleet United and Dartford who all have big followings and would surely get many locals playing as their side in the game.

I know that FIFA fans can't have everything all at once, but I really do think the addition of at least the National League Premier is a must for FIFA, I'm sure if Lincoln and Sutton were in the game many would be trying to recreate their shocks against Oldham, Ipswich, Brighton, Burnley, Cheltenham, AFC Wimbledon, Leeds and (potentially) Arsenal. So please FIFA make this happen!

Comments

• Tim1982
    1169 posts Professional
    They have the FA Cup licenced so why not add a few teams eh? I'm with you here mate!

Go York City!!
  • sperlzy
    39 posts Park Captain
    good idea but they need to fix career mode first. Its unplayable for better players as the legendary difficult is ridiculously easy and boring so makes any offline mode pointless.
  • Stugg93
    I totally agree about the game being too easy this year, and I agree there are plenty other things FIFA needs (more stadiums, international teams, champions league, dynamic game play, more game modes, eastern european teams etc) but this is something that would improve the English leagues experience and add a new dimension to the game.
  • MPleuM
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why not first add more leagues from other countries ? I mean England are the only country with more than two leagues in this game. In many other countries there are some clubs which are not in the game who get through quarter final.

You already have the fourth first leagues, that's way more than the whole world have in fifa with one or two leagues only for any other nation. I don't think the national league has to be a priority.

Of course it would be a nice addition to get more and more content but you have to be aware that you already are lucky that EA give so much attention to the english community, with all those stadiums, cup license, scoreboard and so on. Just a question, why clubs like Porstmouth for example have their stadium in the game when awesome or historic stadiums from Bilbao, Napoli, Galatasaray or Leverkusen are not in.
  • OldMateCampbell
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I do understand why the National League could be something we want. I'm mainly a fan of the Premier League so my view is biased, but I'd be happy to see it added. In saying that though, I agree with @MPleuM that there are other top world leagues that are currently underrepresented in terms of stadiums, face scans, official match presentations etc. and I can imagine that we're much more likely to see a few new stadiums and head scans from first divisions in Spain, Germany, Italy or France than we are to see the 5th division of England added to the game.
  • FunhausMD
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited February 2017
    I imagine Portsmouth's Fratton Park is in because they were very successful until recently, they were in the Premier League in 2010 and won the FA Cup in 2008, but just fell down the leagues. FIFA stadiums haven't changed that much since PS3, so it probably just got ported over because they had it.

I agree with you though, in an ideal world, all countries leagues would be treated equal, but England is the home of football (that's what everyone always says anyway), and has quite a lot of the most famous teams in the world, and a very high standard of football so it is a bit lopsided.

Even in England though, they miss out on some huge historic grounds.

Craven Cottage, Elland Road, Sheffield United's ground Bramall Lane is the oldest professional football ground in the world still hosting matches, and they're the original 'United', and there's Hillsborough in Sheffield too, I could go on, there are loads.

They seem to have got to a point on a new modern engine, where everything is good - so I hope this means they can focus on the peripheral things, like Stadiums, more world leagues and lower leagues, second tier player likenesses, and little annoying things like the arm patches not changing when you're promoted or relegated in career mode.

I'd love the non licensed stuff to be jazzed up a bit too. Just because you haven't got the licence for the Champions League doesn't mean you can't design a nice trophy and graphics of your own.

Hopefully FIFA 18 is the first true Frostbite FIFA and we'll see big changes, I imagine it was a bit of a scramble trying to get a yearly franchise running on a new engine in time for release.
  • henryclay1844
    1072 posts Professional
    FIFA 11 had more European leagues than FIFA 17, EA don't seem to care about adding more. We'll be lucky to get Chinese League and nothing else this year.
  • Supercorner24
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA 11 had more European leagues than FIFA 17, EA don't seem to care about adding more. We'll be lucky to get Chinese League and nothing else this year.

The Dutch Jupiler league is in the game.
    Island have the wimen and the mens national team.
    AEK Athene is in.
    CSL is in.
    And Mabey more.
  • Stugg93
    MPleuM wrote: »
    Why not first add more leagues from other countries ? I mean England are the only country with more than two leagues in this game. In many other countries there are some clubs which are not in the game who get through quarter final.

You already have the fourth first leagues, that's way more than the whole world have in fifa with one or two leagues only for any other nation. I don't think the national league has to be a priority.

Of course it would be a nice addition to get more and more content but you have to be aware that you already are lucky that EA give so much attention to the english community, with all those stadiums, cup license, scoreboard and so on. Just a question, why clubs like Porstmouth for example have their stadium in the game when awesome or historic stadiums from Bilbao, Napoli, Galatasaray or Leverkusen are not in.

I agree that other teams and leagues from other countries are important too. Ukraine, Romania, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic, Egypt, South Africa, China and Uruguay spring to my mind, plus there are plenty of other teams around the world that would be good additions (BATE, Astana, Ludogorets, Quito, Mazembe). You also have the 2nd tier in the Netherlands and Portugal, the 3rd in Germany etc that could be added.

I agree England is lucky, however the standard of 4th tier and indeed 5th and 6th tier football England is well regarded as being far higher than in other countries so there is arguably a reason why England has more depth than any other nation.

Yes I agree that there are plenty of stadiums in Europe particularly that could be added too. Apart from the ones you mentioned I'd add Feyernoord, Sevilla, Rangers, Besiktas, Basel, Fiorentina etc.

All of this is of course in an ideal world and it all costs money so I don't expect FIFA to do this all at once or potentially ever. Still I think for England to be complete the National League is a must.

P.S. Portsmouth have their stadium in the game as a tribute to a member of the EA team who sadly died.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    So greedy :(
  • Please check and maybe subscribe my youtube channel....its about FIFA 17... xD.. ty

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEqxkP1trhSRsj4Fwhgs3JQ
  • MPleuM
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @FunhausMD and @Stugg93 I got your point about Portsmouth, actually I forgot it. But it was more an example taken randomly from all 20 stadiums from PL teams plus teams who relegated. I could have mentioned Stoke city's or Bournemouth's ones as well. Keep in mind that even with Euro in France which lead to new stadiums as well that germany's stadiums form World cup 2014, there was no addition of French stadiums in 17. The upgrade to Frostbite may be the main reason and they will probably be much more addition in 18. But still.

Stugg93 wrote: »

I agree England is lucky, however the standard of 4th tier and indeed 5th and 6th tier football England is well regarded as being far higher than in other countries so there is arguably a reason why England has more depth than any other nation.

Well I'm really not sure about that. Of course, the level is higher than any other 4th or 5th league. But do you really think it's better than the 2nd Portuguese league ? Or the 3rd Germany league ? I really doubt it. Again, in France there is almost each year an amateur team from the 7th or 8th league which go through the round of 16 in one of the two national cup, that doesn't mean they need to be added to the game, even if the story is really nice and fascinating.

I understand why EA did so much about PL and england football as it is probably the most popular all around the world. But this being said, I'm not sure the 5th league would be something more interesting for world community than other 2nd or 3rd countries league.
  • Stugg93
    I agree that the standard in the second league in Portugal or 3rd league in Germany is easily above that of the 5th league in England. I meant more that the reason 4 leagues in England are on the game is that the fourth tier is stronger than many (arguably all) other fourth tiers in other countries, and probably quite a few third tiers too. The 5th tier is likewise stronger than many (or all) other fifth tiers.

On your other point I agree that it was very surprising that we didn't get more French stadiums after Euro 2016, and that we don't have more stadiums from especially big european clubs, I hope you are correct and we get more in FIFA 18.

Going back to the original point though the National League does deserve a place in FIFA and EA would do well to add the league. Yes there are other priorities that may well be more pressing, but the National League does deserve a place with the sizeable clubs and fan bases, the benefits it would bring to the career mode and the new dimensions it would add to the FIFA series.
  • bravia26s
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ok this is fifa
    Since everyone wants this wants that
    So please offer us all the leagues in the world
    Heehee
  • Supercorner24
    bravia26s wrote: »
    Ok this is fifa
    Heehee

watch Fifplay.com and the old creation centre and you know what the people want. 5th league of England i hope it not!
    First the second leagues of all the leagues that are now in the game. And the third of Italy,Germany,Spane,France and Brazil. Also the top 30 of the Uefa coffinent ranking. The dessert leagues, and all of South-America. More national teams and then as last the 5th league of England.
  • bravia26s
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    bravia26s wrote: »
    Ok this is fifa
    Heehee

watch Fifplay.com and the old creation centre and you know what the people want. 5th league of England i hope it not!
    First the second leagues of all the leagues that are now in the game. And the third of Italy,Germany,Spane,France and Brazil. Also the top 30 of the Uefa coffinent ranking. The dessert leagues, and all of South-America. More national teams and then as last the 5th league of England.

Yes but unfortunately
    Its not about who wants what
    Its about how much they can make $$$
  • henryclay1844
    1072 posts Professional
    The wishlists just don't matter and rumors don't either. I've heard everyone in the book the last six years and yet no one saw the J-League coming last year. EA have no reason to change, no reason to care. Look at the bottom line, look at FUT money. I don't understand why we haven't seen more single teams either, HJK Helsinki last year, Shakhtar a couple ago, but that's it. Do they not even try to get teams like APOEL or Dinamo Zagreb? I don't get Creation Centre loss either, one of the funnest things to do and it's dead. Are they afraid they are going to get sued if someone creates a team that they refuse to license? Then how do they allow PES to exist where people can create teams that EA has an "exclusive" license for? This generation of FIFA has just gutted so much of the fun out of everything.
  • Supercorner24
    Esports is on this moment hot and there are a lot real soccerclubs with a own team. Is it possible that this teams are coming to FIFA 18? also are rumours that the Romania soccer league will be in FIFA 18.
  • Supercorner24
  • Lower leagues in Scotland and league of Ireland need to be added as well.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Portsmouth's Fratton Park stadium is in the game due to the death of Simon Humber the Creative Director of the FIFA game. They did it out of respect to him. He was a big Portsmouth fan of course.

• comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    English league is enough.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    More foreign leagues needed now. Yes it's good to do this with English leagues to make F.A Cup better, but other countries will have either a 2nd or even 3rd tier that should be brought in first.

Currently no African leagues so that could be addressed. Even throw in a few Africa nations too and add AFCON even if it's unlicensed, for Career Mode.
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I guess it depends why you want extra leagues. Personally i'd rather they introduced 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th divisions from countries such as Spain, Germany, France rather than say a standalone Ukrainian league. Yes it may be fun for a season or 2 to play in a shiny new league, but for a long career mode type game i'd want to stick to countries where i can take a club from say div 3/4 to div 1 and the Champions league. I get that FIFA players all over the world want to play 'their' team, but gameplay wise it doesn't make sense to have a load of 'random' leagues and trying to pull together all the stats to make the game immersive. People complain already about the lack of statistics that are accesible and tracked and the fact that 'other' leagues tables are seemingly generated randomly whenever you look at them, so adding more disconnected teams and leagues wont help. FIFA gets compared with NHL or NFL games where there are only a few teams and players and how they are great at tracking stats season after season. Now you trying doing that with FIFA with dozens of leagues and hundreds of teams and thousands of players. Not quite so straight forward.