Why the *insert profanity* are attribute cards a thing on UT? RANT KLAXON

Eddieww
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
Base player stats already receive a ridiculous buff from chemistry styles (assuming you have high chemistry)

If we look at an "average" striker in Rondon, his stats are so (Normal -> basic cs-> +hawk -> +10 attribute) and his prices listed underneath

77 74 79 78 84 74 94 84
78 31 82 34 85 31 95 41
56 80 59 83 56 86 66 96

600 600 2,100 3,600

Baring in mind adding Hawk and buying Rondon is a one-time cost, so it's 1,500 per game to effectively steroid him in every department as much as the game lets you. Leaving his shooting stats all at 90+ (bar penalties), his accelaration and sprint speed being 96 and 92 respectively and every physical stat at 90 apart from his stamina.

Assuming none of the attribute cards are packed you can have this card for the "base costs + 40 x 1,500" per weekend league, working out at 60k give or take. 60k for a striker who would no doubt have the potential to shoot people up to elite and receive the big rewards such as high rated IFs, UT Cash prizes, Packs and even regional LAN tournament with real-life cash prizes (which admittedly, you cannot use +10 cards at)

Every player on FIFA has a Chemistry Style, be it Basic or otherwise, and unless they have really low chemistry this buffs them. However this is available to EVERY player, and is on EVERY player. Attribute cards are not, SO WHY ON EARTH ARE THEY A THING IN AN ESPORT ENVIRONMENT? If they are not allowed in the LAN tournaments why are they a thing in the qualifiers? Isn't it like a team in real-life qualifying for a tournament using players on performance enhancing medication and then playing a legitimate, rule-abiding team for the tournament?

Thoughts?

Tl;dr did you know you could potentially swap 60k UT coins for $10,000? (not promoting IRL trading, that is bad apparently but this isn't)

PS Can some Mod tell Rob/Paul to reply to my PM's please, it's been 2 months of trying.

Comments

• Eddieww
    I know the card stats bit looks bad, it came out alright in the preview. Just assume it's 2 columns like on the cards themselves <3
  • Hicksy2011
    19027 posts World Class
    Hey Eddie
    Come back to the EFLL
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do we know that attribute card boosts stack on top of chemistry style boosts? Both are dumb and shouldn't be in the game in my opinion.
  • Eddieww
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    Do we know that attribute card boosts stack on top of chemistry style boosts? Both are dumb and shouldn't be in the game in my opinion.

They'd have to, otherwise chemistry styles would be useless as they only give like plus 6/7 at three arrows
  • Eddieww
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Hey Eddie
    Come back to the EFLL

I never went, I always lurked and judged ;)
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's high time Chem boosts and attribute cards are removed from the game or nerfed. Base stats with upgraded stats on informs is enough imo for fair gameplay.

Chemistry should influence the team movement (ie parts controlled by ai) and not the stats.
  • Stobe
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pack fillers.