Change throw in taker

AJS-17
758 posts Semi-Pro
This is mainly for pro clubs but I also wanna know for ultimate team...

How do you change throw in taker, I've seen before the throw it taker drops the ball and someone else goes at takes it. I wanna know how to do this to utilise giant throw in takers, is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't press anything to skip forward when you get the throw
  • Yermawfc
    1911 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hagman10 wrote: »
    Don't press anything to skip forward when you get the throw
    Please Elaborate...sorry for being thick
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    I've tried just not clicking a button and it doesn't change (this is pro clubs)
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    edited February 2017
    I press L1 + R1 at the same time... (I usually press those together quickly several times, as I'm impatient, but maybe once would do?)

Sometimes it won't change thrower, it depends where you are on the pitch, my experience is that it will change in the attacking third only.

• Adgar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hate throwing any is garbage sometimes you can pass it to your player.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    I thought it only changes if you have a player in your team with the long throw trait (not GK!)

And then when you get a throw you just have to not move your player taking the throw for a couple of seconds and it automatically changes to the long throw taker...
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    I press L1 + R1 at the same time... (I usually press those together quickly several times, as I'm impatient, but maybe once would do?)

Sometimes it won't change thrower, it depends where you are on the pitch, my experience is that it will change in the attacking third only.
    Cheers I'll try this

• Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    It used to drive me nuts.. I had a CB who took long throws and sometimes when I had a throw up near my opponents corner my player would suddenly drop the ball and my CB would come to take it.... I didn't know why and I still don't know if I can change it back to the original thrower...
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    Cheers I'll try this

I should add that in my experience you have to do the L1+R1 thing without pressing to skip the animations... so in other words, wait while your original thrower walks over to take the throw, then as soon as he's in position and ready to throw, spam L1+R1.

Also it won't work if you select a receiver before pressing L1+R1, so careful not to do that.

... & don't forget, you can't be offside from a throw in... so a sneaky 'giant throw' is particularly useful!
  • wade_7_
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    Have to have a player with long/giant throw trait, I think only works in final 3rd of the pitch. Dunno about L1 + R1, I usually just let the animation run and it switches to the player with the trait, if you don't want long throw, or don't want your CB out position(as it's usually CB who has the trait) just skip animation and take the throw
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    This is a Giant Throw routine that won me a match in Fifa 16... a bit gung-ho to utilize both CB's, but it worked!