Confusion regarding upgraded informs

Rick
9187 posts League Winner
edited February 2017
Kante, Firmino, Alli etc have received upgrades on their respective informs despite not having their UP equal or surpass their existing informs' ratings, whereas someone like Eriksen also received an UP but no upgrade on his informs. Why is that?

I (thanks to @Amargaladaster26 ) think it's because they seem to be staying true to their inform system.

78>82
79/80>83
81/82>84
83>85
84>86
85>86
86>87

(Note: Some players does not follow this. NIF>IF Donnarumma and NIF>IF Belotti for example)

Kante was 81 rated and had an 84 rated inform. He received an UP that is 83 rated, thus his inform was upgraded to 85.

Firmino was 82 rated and had an 84 rated inform. He received an UP that is 83 rated, thus his inform was upgraded to 85.

Alli was 80 rated and had an 83 rated inform. He received an UP that is 82 rated, thus his inform was upgraded to 84. Since his inform is 84 rated, his next special item (POTM) was upgraded to 86.

Eriksen was 84 rated and had an 86 rated IF, 87 rated SIF and 88 rated TIF. He received an UP that is 85 rated, thus none of his informs was upgraded, as seen on the chart above.

Son seems to be breaking this rule, however. So that has me a big confused. Was his cards breaking this rule prior to the upgrades as well? His cards currently go UP 79, IF 83, POTM 84, MOTM 86.
Edit: I checked and it seems like Son was breaking this rule prior to the upgrades as well. He's an exception just like Donnarumma and Belotti.

Hopefully this clears up some confusion at least.

Comments

• Trying to figure out who will go up from other leagues then. Although this still doesn't make sense to me because it seems inconsistent haha. For instance I Have IF Nainggolan and the 87 Salah. I don't believe these will go up. But OTW Dembele is an 84 with his IF, his nif however is a 77. with his TOTGS being an 82. Will he go up?
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Trying to figure out who will go up from other leagues then. Although this still doesn't make sense to me because it seems inconsistent haha. For instance I Have IF Nainggolan and the 87 Salah. I don't believe these will go up. But OTW Dembele is an 84 with his IF, his nif however is a 77. with his TOTGS being an 82. Will he go up?

Neither Nainggolan nor Salah should have any of their informs upgraded, unfortunately (I own both as well).

If Dembele is upgraded to 80 like on sofifa, then his TOTGS should be upgraded to 83 and his IF/OTW to 85.
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    was Harry Kane upgraded?
  • Rick wrote: »
    Trying to figure out who will go up from other leagues then. Although this still doesn't make sense to me because it seems inconsistent haha. For instance I Have IF Nainggolan and the 87 Salah. I don't believe these will go up. But OTW Dembele is an 84 with his IF, his nif however is a 77. with his TOTGS being an 82. Will he go up?

Neither Nainggolan nor Salah should have any of their informs upgraded, unfortunately (I own both as well).

If Dembele is upgraded to 80 like on sofifa, then his TOTGS should be upgraded to 83 and his IF/OTW to 85.

Damn I may need to get Dembele back then. Would've liked Nain to go up. Wonder it'd be smart to sell IF Nain and just use his upgrade and pocket all those coins.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Capablanca wrote: »
    was Harry Kane upgraded?

Just like Eriksen, his NIF is 84 rated and his UP is 85 rated. Both 84 and 85 have their special item rated at 86 after that, hence no upgrade on any of Kane's or Eriksen's informs.
  • leon1309
    4503 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    Salah (and any other Player) will get an upgrade, if stats in his upped card change considerably, no mater the rating...

...Atlest if in read their released statement correctly...
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    leon1309 wrote: »
    Salah Will get aN upgrade, if stats in his upped card change considerably, no mater the rating...

This is what he looks like now, according to sofifa.

0c0faded883ae5aa60af7e5299d48878.png
  • Based on that will all icardis ifs be upgraded?
  • Realist
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Rick wrote: »
    Salah Will get aN upgrade, if stats in his upped card change considerably, no mater the rating...

No guarantee if his SIF or motm get upgrades tho
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    JMAN041992 wrote: »
    Based on that will all icardis ifs be upgraded?

They should be, assuming Icardi gets upgraded to 84 (his current rating on sofifa).

UP Icardi 84, IF Icardi 86, SIF Icardi 87, TIF Icardi 88
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Realist wrote: »

No guarantee if his SIF or motm get upgrades tho

That's what I'm saying. None of his informs should be upgraded and maybe, just maybe they up his pace and/or shooting by one on the first inform.
  • Rick wrote: »
    JMAN041992 wrote: »
    Based on that will all icardis ifs be upgraded?

They should be, assuming Icardi gets upgraded to 84 (his current rating on sofifa).

UP Icardi 84, IF Icardi 86, SIF Icardi 87, TIF Icardi 88

Cool thanks mate
  • leon1309
    4503 posts National Call-Up
    Cant compare right now...What is the stat upgrade on upped Salah?
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    Cant compare right now...What is the stat upgrade on upped Salah?

+1 pace, shooting and passing. No difference on dribbling, defending or physical. +1 overall rating.

Of course, that might change come the official announcement. But that's his current stats and rating on sofifa.
  • What about IF Tom Davies? @Rick
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Capablanca wrote: »
    was Harry Kane upgraded?

Just like Eriksen, his NIF is 84 rated and his UP is 85 rated. Both 84 and 85 have their special item rated at 86 after that, hence no upgrade on any of Kane's or Eriksen's informs.

And i have informs of both of them. FML
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    jacobdtr wrote: »
    What about IF Tom Davies? @Rick

No change since he's a 64 rated bronze. It wouldn't had changed even if he had been upgraded to a silver.

From the FAQ:

- However, if an upgraded player with an existing IF gets upgraded across Quality tiers (eg. Silver to Gold), his lower-quality IF will not get an upgrade. This preserves the in-form’s high value.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for that info Rick. Cleared the confusion...for the most part.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Incredibly inconsistent again from EA, just look at Victor Moses:

uRlpt6w.png

Sure, the meaningless OVR is not surpassed, but the new upgrade has some stats significantly higher than the IF's. Reminds me of Cheikh N'Doye getting like a +20 PAC upgrade on his NIF last year, but since the upgrade's OVR didn't pass the IF's OVR, the IF didn't get the updated PAC (and was thus much, much worse than the NIF). They eventually changed it, hoping they do the same here.

Doesn't make sense for a NIF to have 2025 total in-game stats and for the IF to have 1976 total in-game stats.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    So if a nif is 80 rated and UP'd card is 81 and IF is 83...will the 83 be upped too ?
    I was already gonna pick up Gomez for my team was waiting for sunday but if I got that part right might as well buy him now.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    So if a nif is 80 rated and UP'd card is 81 and IF is 83...will the 83 be upped too ?

Seems like there is no strict rule for that this year. Applies to some, not to others. I'd love to hear a more detailed explanation from EA on that.
  • CFCHenri
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    Ok that Moses defending stat on his IF really hurt my eyes. When it gets fixed, that card would be sweat
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Incredibly inconsistent again from EA, just look at Victor Moses:

uRlpt6w.png

Sure, the meaningless OVR is not surpassed, but the new upgrade has some stats significantly higher than the IF's. Reminds me of Cheikh N'Doye getting like a +20 PAC upgrade on his NIF last year, but since the upgrade's OVR didn't pass the IF's OVR, the IF didn't get the updated PAC (and was thus much, much worse than the NIF). They eventually changed it, hoping they do the same here.

Doesn't make sense for a NIF to have 2025 total in-game stats and for the IF to have 1976 total in-game stats.

That looks really odd. He has the same overall boost on his NIF and IF as Belotti (77>83), but the fact that his IF didn't get his defending or pace upgraded is ridiculous.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    I was already gonna pick up Gomez for my team was waiting for sunday but if I got that part right might as well buy him now.

The inform should be upgraded to 84, and the next inform would be 86 rated.

Moses seems like an oversight by EA. Hopefully they fix it, but it's probably not very likely.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Maybe they didn't bother upgrading Moses' defending since his inform is a RW? But his pace should've been upgraded nonetheless though. Very odd.
  • Hey do we know of any players not being upgraded who had been on H2H and career
  • CFCHenri
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    They didn't upgrade Alonso either. Just a forgetful fail on EA's part
  • simsieg
    9494 posts League Winner
    Good to know it wasn't just me being stupid, it actually is weird. The Moses example is terrible to look at.

Fix pls @Rob
  • simsieg
    9494 posts League Winner
    So has anyone managed to find out anything new here?
  • GameCentral
    48 posts Park Captain
    Will Balde Diao Keita's iMOTM get upgraded as apparently his NIF will get upgraded to an 80?