Things FIFA has taught you about the game

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
Chris Smalling is the fastest player in the world.

It is never a foul unless the player falls over. If he somehow manages to keep his balance through the reckless shoulder barge, it's fair play.

Musa and Ronaldo have very similar finishing ability.

No goalkeeper can defend a shot that's rolling along the ground.

Players should take penalties with a very soft shot so that the keeper dives over the ball.

If you park the bus, your chances of scoring increase.

Feel free to share some of the many things FIFA has taught you all!

Comments

• Richie
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    Players who adopt a high pressure style never run out of stamina
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11279 posts Has That Special Something
    Richie wrote: »

• Ulook92
    12521 posts Has That Special Something
    Giovinco can outjump defenders who are a foot taller than him with ease
  • KOSTAFI
    1607 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kante has the best longshot in PL
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Shielding is more important than anything else.
  • Invincibility
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Every winger converted to RB/LB outshines Roberto Carlos
  • Ulook92
    12521 posts Has That Special Something
    If a player runs into you, it's a foul.
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    The chance of conceding a goal when taking a corner is far greater than that of scoring when taking a corner
  • KOSTAFI
    1607 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2017
    Manager likes to change formation, instructions, and use subs right after game starts lol
  • therealmerk33
    1653 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stay Back While Attacking means Play as Third Striker
  • Longballs
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Villa would be top of the Championship if it wasn't for button delay.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6790 posts Big Money Move
    When the most dangerous midfielder in the game is kante
  • SHANDY-DRINKER
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not to buy Fifa 18 if it's anything like this.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Being able to sprint for 90 minutes is more important than any other ability in the game.
  • RoosGianni
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    That controllers are quite expensive.
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    That it's ok to slide tackle from behind and crack a player in half.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    That football's unpredictable at the best of times. A lot of people moan about scripting, handicap and momentum etc. but you can't say it's not realistic. Just look at the PSG and Benfica games tonight.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edwinstree wrote: »
    That football's unpredictable at the best of times. A lot of people moan about scripting, handicap and momentum etc. but you can't say it's not realistic. Just look at the PSG and Benfica games tonight.

My defence has a tendency to do a Barca, and just part like the Red Sea.
  • AlexSolm
    8187 posts League Winner
    BPL is the only league that matters, Butland pisses all over Buffon, Handanovic, Navas, Oblak, etc.
    Busquets, Verratti, Saul and Rabiot are all useless
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up

Do we want that much realism though, nobody buys or plays a game with the idea of it being realistic and, 'maybe this game will be like real life and I'll hammer them and lose'

If you're good at the game, then that is that. If you're bad at the game, your keeper shouldn't be making 10+ saves from inside the box purely to level the playing field, if you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough.
  • Johno7256
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    That no player ever listens to what his manager has instructed him what to do
  • DSD27
    5658 posts Big Money Move
    Richie wrote: »

• DSD27
    5658 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2017
    4321 and 4312 are effective football formations.
  • Biged808
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    That the 45th and 90th min are best time to score so shoot from anywhere
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up

Do we want that much realism though, nobody buys or plays a game with the idea of it being realistic and, 'maybe this game will be like real life and I'll hammer them and lose'

If you're good at the game, then that is that. If you're bad at the game, your keeper shouldn't be making 10+ saves from inside the box purely to level the playing field, if you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough.

Could not agree more!!! If I'm better than my opponent and create 10 clearcut chances a game I should not be beaten by his 1 30 yard long shot.
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    That if your first shot hits the post, you know that you won't score any goals
  • D i n k xD
    That defenders are faster than attackers, regardless of pace stat.
  • Pugzilla
    15874 posts World Class
    The only way to play the game is sprint to the line with a 95+ pace player and square it.

CAMs make the best tacklers.

Dragging your Ronaldo from mid pitch to the center of your penalty area to win a tackle, than having him bomb a 90 sprint to the other penalty area, in the 70th minute is very realistic and normal.
  • D i n k xD
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    The only way to play the game is sprint to the line with a 95+ pace player and square it.

CAMs make the best tacklers.

Dragging your Ronaldo from mid pitch to the center of your penalty area to win a tackle, than having him bomb a 90 sprint to the other penalty area, in the 70th minute is very realistic and normal.

Coming up against Ronaldo as opposed to Martial isnt normal though. Tis rare lol
  • ContraCode64
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    Being short and fast with decent agility and/or balance somehow equates to strength.

Jack Butland can clone himself and play for both teams and it's entirely possible that one version will be unbeatable in goal, whilst the other is apparently unable to detect motion and is only aware the ball is within the vicinity of his hands by way of the air being parted as shots fly past him into the net.

It's impossible to injure your head playing football.