The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Potm Alli rival Pogba?

COACH
20494 posts Club Captain
Is he a decent replacement at all?

Pogba is a monster and I love him but I'd love to free up those 500k in coins.

Anybody?

Comments

• No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I think I'm going to do the same. Cash in on pogba later in the week and do the dele alli sbc. His inform always scores against me so I think it'll be worth it. If they do skill upgrades this year, I think I'll regret not doing the sbc.
  • Orison
    52860 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited February 2017
    Just get rid of Pogba ffs. Must be the 3rd or 4th thread about you wanting to replace Pogba to get more coins, just sell him already m8 :joy: For me he is still unmatched, especially not by a 3* skill/3* WF player
  • JoresOkore5
    1317 posts Professional
    Alli is very good but no Pogba, dribbling doesn't feel quite as smooth although his longshots are equally as good, depends if you use the skills moves or not too

Although saying that, I wouldn't say Pogba is worth the 400k or so more than him so if you needed the coins to improve somewhere else in your team then I'd go for it
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Still trying to dump Pogba, eh Coach! :D

I would wait a few days as I'm sure people will overpay for him given the EPL WL coming next weekend.

I have no interest in that Alli though. I can't imagine he would rival Pogba.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Just get rid of Pogba ffs. Must be the 3rd or 4th thread about you wanting to replace Pogba to get more coins, just sell him already m8 :joy: For me he is still unmatched, especially not by a 3* skill/3* WF player

@Orison
    Take a chill pill you little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    mjs4p wrote: »

I would wait a few days as I'm sure people will overpay for him given the EPL WL coming next weekend.

@mjs4p

Yea...I love Pogba...is there anybody that can be a substitute for him?
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    COACH wrote: »

@mjs4p

Vidal > Pogba
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    Haven't used Pogs but Potm Alli is extremely good. Well happy Birthday with the 100k or so I cost me. The only thing is he looks like a better cam than cm however he doesn't have those deft passes of say Eriksen. It's like he's caught between cm and cam.

Edit. Happy birthday?! Haha. God dammit iPhone.
  • mjs4p

@mjs4p

A bit unconventional, but I replaced him in my team with Nedved at CM, and I have been very happy with him. Obviously he doesn't have quite the defense or the skills, but he has great stats in every other area, plus the 5 star WF.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23779 posts Club Captain
    Sell him already @COUCH

You are not worthy

giphy.gif
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

@mjs4p

A bit unconventional, but I replaced him in my team with Nedved at CM, and I have been very happy with him. Obviously he doesn't have quite the defense or the skills, but he has great stats in every other area, plus the 5 star WF.

I've for OTW Kante and SBC Can for defense so my RCM can be a CAM if need be.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Oh and the real reason is I will want IF Martial and all my coins are tied up in Pogba @mjs4p
  • mjs4p
    I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2(2) right now with Kante at CDM, Petit LCM, and Nedved RCM. It's working great for me, and I would imagine you could run something similar with Can, Kante, Nedved.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2(2) right now with Kante at CDM, Petit LCM, and Nedved RCM. It's working great for me, and I would imagine you could run something similar with Can, Kante, Nedved.

What Nedved going for these days?
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017

I am trying the two together in that same formation. Pogba at CAM, Dembele LCM, POTM Ali at RCM and OTW Kante at CDM.

So far in maybe five games Alli has kind of disappeared for me. Starting to wonder if he was a mistake.
  • mjs4p

What Nedved going for these days?

I think 240-250 is standard, but I bet he can be had cheaper in the WL sellup. I bought for 240 earlier this week.
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah I'd say he's a discount Pogba basically
  • Kloral
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    Since I packed OTW Pogba he has been a revelation. However whenever I come vs Ali his high aggression means he is tough to play. I don't think you can replace Pogba with him though.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Kloral wrote: »
    Since I packed OTW Pogba he has been a revelation. However whenever I come vs Ali his high aggression means he is tough to play. I don't think you can replace Pogba with him though.

I know
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Never used Pogba but I am very disappointed in Alli.

Would be a huge downgrade IMO.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Rutta wrote: »
    Never used Pogba but I am very disappointed in Alli.

Would be a huge downgrade IMO.

@Rutta

Ok
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up

@mjs4p

Nothing unconventional about that! I've had him as a midfield stalwart for 3 years. He's terrific, and his defence is so much better than you'd expect.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

@mjs4p

Nothing unconventional about that! I've had him as a midfield stalwart for 3 years. He's terrific, and his defence is so much better than you'd expect.

Hmmm
  • Sanchezzzz
    4333 posts National Call-Up
    Prefer Can to both to be fair bud.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »

I have SBC already on the left @Sanchezzzz
  • Sanchezzzz
    4333 posts National Call-Up

Oh damn, what about SBC Fernandinho?
  • Tsarov
    4878 posts National Call-Up
    CAM - Alli: yes
    CM - Alli: no, he has no idea how defend, terrible

CAM - Pogba: meh, his finishing is not the greatest
    CM - Pogba: yes, he is the closest one to Gullit (including legends)
  • Diggy
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    Pogba has 5* skill & 4* WF he doesn't get anywhere near Pogba
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

Oh damn, what about SBC Fernandinho?

I dont have him
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    Tsarov wrote: »
    CM - Pogba: yes, he is the closest one to Gullit (including legends)

gullit must be bad this year then.