Offline FUT

Tim1982
1146 posts Professional
I know it's missing the point but does anyone feel like just playing offline - so they can actually enjoy the game the way it should be?

No lag. No quit glitch. No full assists. Etc?

Comments

• Keano
    13434 posts Has That Special Something
    Tim1982 wrote: »
    I know it's missing the point but does anyone feel like just playing offline - so they can actually enjoy the game the way it should be?

No lag. No quit glitch. No full assists. Etc?

For some reason I didn't even think of this... must try it even if it gets boring quick, least it actually works properly.
  • jdros
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play offline during the week.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    I tend to do it midweek. Much more fun, especially being able to do build-up play. Seems more like a sim than the arcade, ping-pong, 90 mins of high pressure laughable style that that the WL is.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Offline is for scrubs.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    It's really boring.
  • Hibee
    12075 posts Has That Special Something
    Play offline sometimes, it's much less stress. Always find it strange people turning there nose up at offline play to be honest. It's they way we all used to play before online gaming.
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Rutta wrote: »
    It's really boring.

Yeah I figured it probably would be, little satisfaction in beating the AI really.

But I'm 34 and I only love FIFA because I love football, so I want it to vaguely resemble the sport.

Online is horrible as we all know - it it was just about winning and beating your opponent I'd play COD or whatever.

Online play no longer encapsulates (big word!) the beautiful game. That said I do have the odd game against someone on manual/no momentum assist and have a great match. But it's one in ten games.
  • Lord Helton
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm quite enjoying offline atm, AI doesn't just pass round the back like it did the last 2 fifas so it's far less boring now, plus you can actually go for nice goals rather than just playing Wilson through for a power shot across goal.
  • jordy875
    1180 posts Professional
    It's really boring.

Yeah I figured it probably would be, little satisfaction in beating the AI really.

But I'm 34 and I only love FIFA because I love football, so I want it to vaguely resemble the sport.

Online is horrible as we all know - it it was just about winning and beating your opponent I'd play COD or whatever.

Online play no longer encapsulates (big word!) the beautiful game. That said I do have the odd game against someone on manual/no momentum assist and have a great match. But it's one in ten games.
    Big word for a big boy
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    It's really boring.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I find offline difficulties either to hard/easy and no In between.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Have no gold atm and tried it a few times.

It's boring af.
    Don't recommend
  • Keano
    13434 posts Has That Special Something
    Santiago wrote: »
    Have no gold atm and tried it a few times.

It's boring af.
    Don't recommend

I'm not minding it atm tbh, more because the gameplay is actually playable & I can play passes, shots & football in general (even ifthere isn't a great feeling about winning offline).. it's chilled, doesn't make you want to throw something & allows you to play the game you've paid for.
  • FaFiFa
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    I prefer offline sometimes.i find the idiot computer much more intelligent that 2 button spammer morons who does exactly the same thing over and over again.They make themselves even dumber than they are now.
  • Antparry92
    17709 posts World Class
    I play offline a lot. I usually do when I'm looking after the little one so I can pause the game anytime.

The lag won't be there but the sliders are awful and they completely nerf your players. More coded bull happens as EA have categorically stated that there is momentum in offline game modes. So you can find yourself 1-0 up with 5 to go and they'll throw a cross in the box and the keeper will either do something or defender will put it in the back of the net
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    i always play offline more than online each season.

however every year EA ruins it more and more. its at the point now where its pretty much dead and they should just remove it from the game.

you think online has scripting. offline is the full hollywood blockbuster movie.

its disgusting and cheap.

and thats coming from someone who can win Div 1 on ultimate. i would rather stick pins in my eyes that play 10 games of that level for 6.5k coins.

you might enjoy playing on professional. but once you move up chasing the bigger prizes you'll see what i mean. utter filth.

the plus side to it all. is it will make you a better player online. regardless of what some people think. you have to be clinical and have over 90% passing to beat the CPU on ultimate.
  • Antparry92
    17709 posts World Class
    Recardo wrote: »
    i always play offline more than online each season.

however every year EA ruins it more and more. its at the point now where its pretty much dead and they should just remove it from the game.

you think online has scripting. offline is the full hollywood blockbuster movie.

its disgusting and cheap.

and thats coming from someone who can win Div 1 on ultimate. i would rather stick pins in my eyes that play 10 games of that level for 6.5k coins.

you might enjoy playing on professional. but once you move up chasing the bigger prizes you'll see what i mean. utter filth.

the plus side to it all. is it will make you a better player online. regardless of what some people think. you have to be clinical and have over 90% passing to beat the CPU on ultimate.

I gotta disagree with you about making you a better online player. Yes it teaches you to get the fundamentals right, and not diving in when defending etc but as for attacking it's a completely different kettle of fish, i play a passing style both offline and online but they're both very different purely due to the fact online move their players faster than the AI when closing down, so passing at a higher tempo doesn't work offline.

@Recardo are your teams different offline to online? I run with my Porto squad and then an unusual discard squad as a fitness squad offline
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    i run the same teams for online and offline. mainly because i rarely play much anymore.

i did used to run different teams. i found cheaper teams work better against the CPU turns the difficulty up soon as you put in expensive players

offline taught me to keep the ball. i rarely play passes anymore unless im 99% sure it will make a player. so i find myself going backwards a lot. also if you can skill past the CPU you can skill past anyone :D

my online win ratio is higher than any fifa so far and thats mainly down to offline practice.

think this was the team i probably had most success with

Thumbnail_Large.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=R4G3y7bIUKRSm9P6%2FgKATABnsa1BnQ%2FyBP3IRF57xE8%3D

• Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    I play offline all the time because unless I'm playing super late at night/early morning my internet on campus is just awful and I lag through things.
    I would be lying if I said I enjoyed it more than playing online but I've grown to like it more. In the higher divisions it's not always an easy win so winning the title/being promoted so it feels good still when you get there.

I'm sitting in D2 right now and don't mind it
  • Martythedoc
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used to manage two FIFA's ago when it wasn't Barcelona ai every game
  • MattDaddy V1
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    I mainly play offline fut because I have a disabled wife and need to pause. I understand why people find it boring but then again if you set yourself little challenges and mix things up it can make it quite interesting. Also it's kinda cool seeing different teams and players. Your not staring at Butland, Walker, Smalldini, Bailly, Shaw, Kante, Pogba, Can, Sterling, Hazard & Musa for the tenth game in a row.

At the end of the day we play video games to relax and unwind, but online play is the complete opposite. The reason why some people look down their noses at offline is because they feel beating another human being at a game of virtual football makes them better and adds context and meaning to their life. I grew up in an era where there wasn't online gaming, hell you'd be lucky if you could play split screen co-op. You've bought the game therefore you have every right to play whatever mode you want. If offline's not for you that's cool, just remember it might just be someone else's cup of tea.
  • Antparry92
    17709 posts World Class

At the end of the day we play video games to relax and unwind, but online play is the complete opposite. The reason why some people look down their noses at offline is because they feel beating another human being at a game of virtual football makes them better and adds context and meaning to their life. I grew up in an era where there wasn't online gaming, hell you'd be lucky if you could play split screen co-op. You've bought the game therefore you have every right to play whatever mode you want. If offline's not for you that's cool, just remember it might just be someone else's cup of tea.

Love this
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    I mainly play offline fut because I have a disabled wife and need to pause. I understand why people find it boring but then again if you set yourself little challenges and mix things up it can make it quite interesting. Also it's kinda cool seeing different teams and players. Your not staring at Butland, Walker, Smalldini, Bailly, Shaw, Kante, Pogba, Can, Sterling, Hazard & Musa for the tenth game in a row.

preach man
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4015 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    Hibee wrote: »
    Play offline sometimes, it's much less stress. Always find it strange people turning there nose up at offline play to be honest. It's they way we all used to play before online gaming.

before online gaming..I can relate to that :)

before e.a sony and steam locked everything down you had to use good old gamespy arcade o:)

gamespy-arcade-10.jpg

• Antparry92
    17709 posts World Class
    Think we should turn this in to some sort of offline lounge
  • FaFiFa
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017

Exactly.this weekend I have not played any online games and I feel much better.

• MattDaddy V1
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    FaFiFa wrote: »

Exactly.this weekend I have not played any online games and I feel much better.

I qualified once for the weekend league, played one game and never touched it again. I won 2-1 with a 25 yard screamer in the last 5 minutes and the amount of abuse I got after the game was hilarious. I enjoy challenging myself against others, but not to the detriment of my own health lol.
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Think we should turn this in to some sort of offline lounge

Would say that sounds like a good idea, unfortunately I feel there are certain forumers that would ruin this thread with their elitist views. I understand no game can please everyone all the time but it doesn't help when some can't except there are two sides to every argument lol.
  • jdros
    I wouldn't worry about if offline makes you better for online - I personally think it does, as the opponent offline is significantly harder than most online opponents, but playing either too much can put you in a rut against the other. I like the balance personally.

I like playing the tournaments, have lots of saved up loan legends at this point I'm waiting to unleash.

Someone else commented that they have killed the offline game and I have to agree. My son loved FIFA 12 and 13 - played on my account offline as a 6 and 7 year old. Then they started taking away the offline game. Before he could play single matches on whatever difficulty he wanted against Barcelona, Man U, whatever. Now you can't - either have to play the TOTW over and over or in the tournaments. They also started messing with the tournament difficulties then. Completely turned him off from the game mode. Has his own account if he wants it, but barely touched 16 or 17, even on my account with really good players.

I like playing online competitively, always have in many different games. I also like playing offline and always have, ever since I owned my first Atari. I realize the offline players probably don't spend much on packs, but it is still a shame that they have stripped the mode so much for the truly casual player.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    jdros wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about if offline makes you better for online - I personally think it does, as the opponent offline is significantly harder than most online opponents, but playing either too much can put you in a rut against the other. I like the balance personally.

I like playing the tournaments, have lots of saved up loan legends at this point I'm waiting to unleash.

Someone else commented that they have killed the offline game and I have to agree. My son loved FIFA 12 and 13 - played on my account offline as a 6 and 7 year old. Then they started taking away the offline game. Before he could play single matches on whatever difficulty he wanted against Barcelona, Man U, whatever. Now you can't - either have to play the TOTW over and over or in the tournaments. They also started messing with the tournament difficulties then. Completely turned him off from the game mode. Has his own account if he wants it, but barely touched 16 or 17, even on my account with really good players.

I like playing online competitively, always have in many different games. I also like playing offline and always have, ever since I owned my first Atari. I realize the offline players probably don't spend much on packs, but it is still a shame that they have stripped the mode so much for the truly casual player.

Couldn't agree with you more. My first fut was FIFA 12 and I absolutely adored single player matches. Problem is you can make coins and get comfortable with a team so you weren't spending real money on FIFA points. They messed offline up and have imo made it worse every year since. Funniest thing is I'm happy to admit I've struggle on world class plus every year since FIFA 15 but if I jump on FIFA 14 I'll win the ultimate cup at the first time of asking everytime lol.

As for offline making you a better online player I'm not sure either way. I believe it doesn't make you a better player per say, I believe it makes you think better. You have to be deadly in front of goal on the harder difficulties offline, if your not averaging a 90% goal to shot ratio or 85% pass success rate on world class plus then you ain't winning. If you can take that ability into online then your fine. What I find really helpful about offline is tweaking your playstyle, (CT's, PI's etc) also if your new player is under performing on say amateur or semi pro then you might wanna replace them before attempting online. (Yes Kasper " I've had my arms stitched to my sides" Schmeichel I'm looking at you!)
  • ContraCode64
    2066 posts Fans' Favourite
    I find it offline useful to practice LT-RT dribbling, general possession play, tweaking custom tactics, etc for online play.

The downside though is that it's inherently boring. The ai teams play the same regardless of stats, the blatant slider manipulation is just an annoyance, as are the fraud difficulty settings - 5 star teams on ultimate can be easier to beat than some 3 star teams on world class, etc. Also the rewards are awful this year. The absolute grind and BS for something like 3k & an untradeable silver pack is ridiculous.
  • jdros
    @MattDaddy V1 I play the TOTW every week. I've picked out some really good GKs that way (playing against them), for example Diego Lopez who I've been using since picking up TOTY Pique and TOTY Ramos.

I also know who the howlers are - and 86 rated Schmeichel is without a doubt one of the worst GKs I've faced all year. Funny you picked him out!