The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Dodds' Review Thread - Eriksen 93 Review Up! [28.06.17]

Dodds
8774 posts League Winner
edited June 2017
81K2wyC.png

Welcome to the third season of my review thread, last years went down an absolute treat and I hope this one will follow suit.

Again I've not got a huge amount of coins to play with like some of the big ballers on here but I have a really healthy amount to work with.

The difference this year is that it will only be player reviews that I'm doing as I have a lot going on and doing the teams like last year would take me months to get through. I'll play a fair amount of games with them to get a good reflection, all games will be in the Weekend League and Division 1 to get the best idea of players.
Post edited by Dodds on

Comments

• Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    Player Reviews Completed.

XAuHqpT.pngN'Golo Kante - 85 - CM/CDM.
    jN8wdnW.pngWayne Rooney - 86 - CM/CDM.
    QDrqcD9.pngDele Alli - 86 - CAM/CM.
    kmrDT52.pngVincent Kompany - 87 - CB.
    CdYj5Ah.pngPaul Pogba - 88 - CM/CAM.
    Q7TeexJ.pngAlan Shearer - 89 - STR.
    LpiNpFw.pngEmilio Butragueño - 90 - STR.
    McAdzIN.pngAdam Lallana - 90 - CAM/CM.
    wha0XQX.pngHarry Kane - 91 - STR.
    a7RcMhd.pngNaby Keïta - 92 - CM.
    bSQJkVz.pngChristian Eriksen - 93 - CAM.
    uBnX5fT.pngLuis Suárez - 94 - CAM/STR
    1ZYyO26.pngRomelu Lukaku - 94 - STR.
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • Pikachu
    8936 posts League Winner
    Why another thread? :o
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Love it
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Pikachu wrote: »
    Why another thread? :o

What do you mean @Pikachu
    Neymessi wrote: »
    Love it

You know it, @Neymessi
  • Campino
    28406 posts Player of the Year
    This was great last year
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    This was great last year

Thanks @Campino, definitely gonna have to step up don't want it being worse :joy:
  • KingLionel10
    15181 posts World Class
    Champion, nice one matey, I'll bookmark it again.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Welcome back bud!!!!!!!

• Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Champion, nice one matey, I'll bookmark it again.

Top lad @KingLionel10 always relying on a comment from you :joy:
    COACH wrote: »
    Welcome back bud!!!!!!!

Yes @COACH hows tricks!
  • Pikachu
    8936 posts League Winner
    I thought you already had a thread this year. I must be thinking of someone else.
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I thought you already had a thread this year. I must be thinking of someone else.

No no last year mate.
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    WXsFqjo.png

Overview:
    What's a review thread without starting with this monster, I've played over 500 games with him now and I can honestly say out of all the FIFA's I've played he's by far and away one of the best CM/CDM's I've used. The closest player that you can link him to from the past is Ramires, if he had a +10 attributes card on top of him. I seriously cannot imagine how good a SIF or even a TOTS could be, I think he'd be a pretty penny too.

Positives:
    The main reason that you'll buy this card is the energy in the midfield and he seriously gives you that in abundance, I wish that FIFA counted the interceptions that he made in a game as the number would be mind blowing.

His strength for being so small is a massive help too as he's usually surrounded by weak CAM's which he just eats up. His shooting isn't one of his main points of his game but he's very partial to a nice goal here and there... this is generally a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper after a lung bursting run. He can now and again smash a thunderbolt though.

Negatives:
    After all the good points, there isn't many negatives to cover with this guy. Although his passing is very hit and miss, if you use him like a Shelvey you will not get anywhere but if you have someone next to him that can distribute balls you will have a great time with him.

His dribbling is also a little negative for me, obviously I didn't go on marauding runs with him but you like to be able to move the ball quickly in order to get a pass up the field. Sometimes he'd get caught with it under him and he'd struggle to get a pass off which would lead the opposing team to go attack afterwards with him out of position.

GIF's:
    VeKq5tW.gif
    Quick passing to start off a tiki-taka style goal.

Balls out of 5:
    kjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.png
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Well done...

Thanks for doing this again!
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    COACH wrote: »
    Well done...

Thanks for doing this again!

No problem @COACH

Hopefully it helps a few people again!
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    e5fF43g.png

Overview:
    After a couple of weekend leagues with this card I've got to say he's a fantastic little item to have, his business in the midfield is great to have alongside the usuals in the BPL. If you have the coins spare and you need a busy CM who can unleash a few rockets, Wayne is your man.

Positives:
    Again running over it he's so alive in the middle and it's what I like to see from my midfielders especially this year on FIFA. As well as this his passing is very decent, although he isn't a Xavi or Iniesta he can ping a few passes around the field.

Shooting, I don't know if I can describe how good this is. From both close range and outside the box the guy has an absolute thunderbolt of a right foot and his left foot isn't too bad either. I've scored some screamers with him from all ranges and angles which make him such a nice card to use.

Negatives:
    Even though he's a good card he does have some disappointments, his pace is very annoying at times. With a lot of players using the likes of Renato, Kante and such in the middle even though Wayne is very strong... pace kind of trumps in this game so you'll lose the ball if you try to run away from defenders.

His dribbling isn't exactly Messi-esq either, he's got good enough movement with the ball but don't expect to dribble through a team. I've often used quick passing around the opponent to combat the

GIF's:
    DOnrwMN.gif
    Close dribbling with a nice cross body low shot.

cIA0NG3.gif
    Threaded pass into Diego Costa to chip the goalkeeper.

4aRY9Sk.gif
    Powered free kick into the top right corner.

Balls out of 5:
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Dodds wrote: »
    e5fF43g.png

Overview:
    After a couple of weekend leagues with this card I've got to say he's a fantastic little item to have, his business in the midfield is great to have alongside the usuals in the BPL. If you have the coins spare and you need a busy CM who can unleash a few rockets, Wayne is your man.

Positives:
    Again running over it he's so alive in the middle and it's what I like to see from my midfielders especially this year on FIFA. As well as this his passing is very decent, although he isn't a Xavi or Iniesta he can ping a few passes around the field.

Shooting, I don't know if I can describe how good this is. From both close range and outside the box the guy has an absolute thunderbolt of a right foot and his left foot isn't too bad either. I've scored some screamers with him from all ranges and angles which make him such a nice card to use.

Negatives:
    Even though he's a good card he does have some disappointments, his pace is very annoying at times. With a lot of players using the likes of Renato, Kante and such in the middle even though Wayne is very strong... pace kind of trumps in this game so you'll lose the ball if you try to run away from defenders.

His dribbling isn't exactly Messi-esq either, he's got good enough movement with the ball but don't expect to dribble through a team. I've often used quick passing around the opponent to combat the

GIF's:
    DOnrwMN.gif
    Close dribbling with a nice cross body low shot.

cIA0NG3.gif
    Threaded pass into Diego Costa to chip the goalkeeper.

4aRY9Sk.gif
    Powered free kick into the top right corner.

Balls out of 5:

Great job!!!!!!!!!!
  • KingLionel10
    15181 posts World Class
    Cracking review Doddsy, love the graphic mate
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Thanks lads!

@COACH
    @KingLionel10
  • ScrubsFifa101
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Amazing review again. Just for future notice, in your beautiful graphics you spelt recommended "recommened", and just because these are so professionally done, I can imagine you want them to be perfect even down to the nitty-gritty. Cheers and keep them up!
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Amazing review again. Just for future notice, in your beautiful graphics you spelt recommended "recommened", and just because these are so professionally done, I can imagine you want them to be perfect even down to the nitty-gritty. Cheers and keep them up!

Cheers for the feedback, I realised I've put that and it's mainly a short hand version of 'do I recommend him' and that's why i've put it as recommended.

Thanks though @ScrubsFifa101
  • RBailss
    13181 posts Has That Special Something
    Bookmarked @Dodds :)

In the "coins" section of the graphic, I take it that's how much you paid for the card? Have to agree with you about Rooney, think I paid 425k & will never sell!
  • Cantona84
    7502 posts League Winner
    @RBailss @Dodds

Great review. I am contemplating selling Pogba and buying Rooney as rcm in 41212(2). Also have if Kante and sb Can. What do you guys think?
  • RBailss
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    @RBailss @Dodds

Great review. I am contemplating selling Pogba and buying Rooney as rcm in 41212(2). Also have if Kante and sb Can. What do you guys think?

I would keep Pogba & replace Can with Rooney personally.
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    RBailss wrote: »
    Bookmarked @Dodds :)

In the "coins" section of the graphic, I take it that's how much you paid for the card? Have to agree with you about Rooney, think I paid 425k & will never sell!

Yes @RBailss thats how much I paid.
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    @RBailss @Dodds

I think Pogba is a more rounded player to be honest, I've not used him though.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Better review than any youtuber
  • RBailss
    You taking requests @Dodds?
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Better review than any youtuber

Thanks man, doesn't take much unfortunately :joy:@CovLee_Candice
    RBailss wrote: »
    You taking requests @Dodds?

Depends on who really, I only mainly play WL now and use all players I need to compete.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Do you have potm alli? If you can give review about him will be helpful thanks
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    Do you have potm alli? If you can give review about him will be helpful thanks

Yeah I have mate he's next on my list actually.
  • Dodds
    8774 posts League Winner
    MrCctOv.png

Overview:
    Right... a player that I didn't really know if I'd use or not to be honest due to his skills and such but with the way he's playing in real life it gave me an urge to try him. I had the impression that IF Eriksen wouldn't be pushed out the team, but giving him a try in the CAM spot definitely worked. He had atleast 1 impact a game which was either a goal or an assist. I moved him back to CM for 20 games and he wasn't half the player back there as he couldnt impact the game as much as in CAM.

Positives:
    One of the main reasons I really enjoy this card is the LB dribble boost, he changes so quick and he pushes the ball so far into the space past the defender they cant stop it... even if they are containing. There isn't many players that can do that and get away with it 9/10 times.

Another big plus for him is the shooting stats, he can score in the box and anywhere up to 25 yards either foot which is weird as he hasn't got the greatest weak foot in the game. It just seems to be struck so clean off every shot. As well as that his movement and passing are very good for this position, his movement in and around the box give you a lot of options in order to move the opposition around for a shooting chance. His passing will unlock defences and give your strikers some great chances on goal.

Negatives:
    It's not really right to give such a good card some downs but he does have some unfortunately. We've stated that the LB dribble boost is good but his tight knit dribbling isn't great, he seems pretty sluggish on the ball when he's got to try and get round the defender out wide a little body feint helps at times though.

GIF's:
    7uDH38E.gif
    Powerful header from a corner.

kHmYVve.gif
    Passing and moving around the area with a finesse finish.

0YcSQq6.gif
    Great movement, LB dribble boost and a fantastic assist.

Balls out of 5:
    kjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.pngkjZ8zex.png