88 Mertens or 89 Sanchez?

ConductorConte
1245 posts Professional
edited February 2017
Big fan of my Serie A side. But Sanchez isn't much more.

Would either be ST in 4321 / 433(2) or CF in 433 (5)

Anyone used both?

P.S. I've edited, so previous comments are just about Mertens.
Post edited by ConductorConte on

Comments

• Delboy13710
    4809 posts National Call-Up
    I'm using him 4411 as the cf with higuain as striker has as many goals as games
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    CAM or ST in 41212 2.
    Lethal in both really.
    I wouldnt look too much into those requirements. They change weekly it seems
  • Just_Unfair
    4036 posts National Call-Up
    Any chance he gets down to 650k...or is anything under 700k a steal
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Play him 7 chem at RF
  • Delboy13710
    Any chance he gets down to 650k...or is anything under 700k a steal

I paid 720 for him if he was a million I would still buy him . He plays like how messi should play in the game
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't want to start a whole new thread but for those that are using the 88 rated one did you use his 87 rated card and is the extra 200k justified I would use him as a cf in 4411 formation ?
  • ConductorConte
    1245 posts Professional
    I don't know if to go for him or save up a bit more for 89 Sanchez.
  • Delboy13710
    Robg wrote: »
    Don't want to start a whole new thread but for those that are using the 88 rated one did you use his 87 rated card and is the extra 200k justified I would use him as a cf in 4411 formation ?

Use 4411 and I used the 87 . Honestly the 87 was insane but the 88 seems to score from impossible angles for me if you can't afford it the 87 is still worth it
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    CAM in a 41212(2) , didnt really Impress me at ST but his Dribbling and passing is perfect for CAM
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    I have the 87 version and luckily I brought 23 John Terry's a couple of weeks ago listed them and all went for 10k bin. Think I'm going to get him read a few posts and it looks good cheers
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    PureFramez wrote: »
    CAM in a 41212(2) , didnt really Impress me at ST but his Dribbling and passing is perfect for CAM

Same here didn't really impress me at ST and i couldn't drop SBC Saurez from CAM so sold him for Messi and dont regret tbh but for the Price i'd defo go with Mertens
  • Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something
    Used 90 Sanchez and both 87/88 Mertens. If you want a striker who can hold off defenders sometimes, go for Sanchez. Otherwise, Mertens is better at everything else.
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    Hold off from buying Sanchez just got 2 goals today never know with ea lol and motm award
  • Teesmith92
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Talking about the 87/88 mertens, IF he gets an upgrade and the IF's get upgraded too, would you expect him to rise accordingly in price
  • holdenwait
    56431 posts National Treasure
    Killing it with mertens atm, seems to have settled at 700k, upgrade would be grand
  • xFATAL
    4278 posts National Call-Up
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Killing it with mertens atm, seems to have settled at 700k, upgrade would be grand

Would you pick him up now or wait till tomorrow? I honestly didn't think he'd get this low but thinking he might drop more on Sun.
  • surely there will be some form of decent pack offers over the next few days and what ever EA has up their sleeves for valentines day. Would love to pick up a Mertens or Lukaku
  • holdenwait
    56431 posts National Treasure
    xFATAL wrote: »

Would you pick him up now or wait till tomorrow? I honestly didn't think he'd get this low but thinking he might drop more on Sun.

since upgrades weren't released yesterday I doubt there will be any other big market drop during this week, unless they do pack deals ofcourse.. but tbh I didn't wanna wait anymore.. 700k is a good deal for that card, won't drop below 650k imo
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Used 90 Sanchez and both 87/88 Mertens. If you want a striker who can hold off defenders sometimes, go for Sanchez. Otherwise, Mertens is better at everything else.

Mertens had better finishing for me. I'd say Mertens overall.
  • xFATAL
    4278 posts National Call-Up
    xFATAL wrote: »

since upgrades weren't released yesterday I doubt there will be any other big market drop during this week, unless they do pack deals ofcourse.. but tbh I didn't wanna wait anymore.. 700k is a good deal for that card, won't drop below 650k imo

Thx, Got him for 690k. Pretty amazing player for that price, not sure how he can go much lower.
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Played 3 scored 4 in weekend league which for me in amazing plus one was an outrageous dribble from my box as for his big lazy arsed mate lukaku he's awful m/m work rate is killing me he's got to go
  • FaFiFa
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    The difference between 87 and 88 is minimal.you can save some coins.