Any advice from 3-4-2-1 users?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I'm getting kind of sick of the game since it's terrible, but I figured I would give 3-4-2-1 a go in an attempt to restore some fun to the proceedings. I used 3-5-2 for a while before, but this is slightly different so I'm looking for any advice from 3-4-2-1 users to making it work??

This is the team I've nearly finished building: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1679336

My CTs are usually to use low pressure (30), high aggression (70), and the rest of it just kind of open to interpretation.

What instructions would you go for? Stay back on the two CMs?

Any CT and instruction advice is welcome. :smile:

Comments

• gregeth2000
    2681 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would use your striker as a target man as well. I havent tried the formation so I dont know but is it worth having team width a bit more narrow so your centre backs stay closer together?
  • Orikoru
    I would use your striker as a target man as well. I havent tried the formation so I dont know but is it worth having team width a bit more narrow so your centre backs stay closer together?

Yeah maybe. In 3-5-2 I had team width to 40, so it was slightly narrower.

With Falcao up there I plan to have him on stay central and get in behind (rather than targetman) so all he's really doing is finishing chances with what I assume will be godly finesse shots. :smirk:
  • Orikoru
    Not many people playing 3-4-2-1 I guess...
  • gregeth2000
    2681 posts Fans' Favourite
    I may give it a go next week, my issue has always been who to play LM and RM. I played it last year and cuadrado was great at rm with med/high workrates, but this year they are high/med. Ill have to have a think about it and see how best make a team
  • Orikoru
    I may give it a go next week, my issue has always been who to play LM and RM. I played it last year and cuadrado was great at rm with med/high workrates, but this year they are high/med. Ill have to have a think about it and see how best make a team

H/M worked alright there in 3-5-2, I found they tracked back a decent amount. Although in that formation you have CDMs instead of CMs for more cover, so we'll see.
  • tribefaninnc
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played a lot of 3412. I think your LM/RMs should be more defensive; they need to be able to cover the deep corners sometimes. I'd rather use a M/H than H/M. You don't really need them to get forward.

Cuadrado might be OK, but I don't think I'd use Ntep.
  • Orikoru
    edited February 2017
    I played a lot of 3412. I think your LM/RMs should be more defensive; they need to be able to cover the deep corners sometimes. I'd rather use a M/H than H/M. You don't really need them to get forward.

Cuadrado might be OK, but I don't think I'd use Ntep.

I changed the three guys on the left side because IF Draxler was useless. So now I have Douglas Costa, TOTGS Kimmich, and Schurrle at LM. The team works alright though. There were two games where I scored five and Falcao got a hat trick both times. Quite enjoying the formation at the moment. TIF Bernardo Silva is incredible as well.