Genuine Upgrade Question

TheJoedanimal
1066 posts Professional
I'm planning on purchasing IF Schwolow for a silver hybrid I have, and I can't help but wonder what will happen to the card come Winter Upgrades, as on Sofifa it looks as if he is due for an upgrade that will match his IF's rating. I know that if Silvers get upgraded to gold their Silver IF doesn't get modified at all, but I'm uncertain as to what happens when a silver gets a silver upgrade and there is space for their Silver IF to be upgraded. I suspect he will move up to a fairly upgraded 74 rated Silver IF, but I feel as if he could also get pushed up by the same magnitude of his upgrade to a gold 76 IF. I don't know though. Thoughts?

Comments

• TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Another example, the only one I could find, a more exciting card as well, would be Giovanni Simeone. I would expect he would then have two 74 rated cards, as if he was always 74 and then had an IF. Again, though, I do not know. Maybe his IF won't get upgraded at all? I forget how silver upgrades operate. Those are the only two examples of this situation I could find.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    If anyone is curious as I am, I've discovered the answer myself. This occurred last year, in players such as, notably, Aaron Mooy and Dele Alli. Their respective IFs were in fact upgraded to very quality 74s. So Schwolow and Simeone look to be pretty sound Investments.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Not that it seems anyone cares, but I have now purchased IF Schwolow, and I have to note his price is doing interesting things. Not sure if this is standard for silver IFs, but he is now almost extinct, and has had his price pushed up almost double since noon. Just noting, if anyone's interested.