Just got to Div. 1. Help?

NVS_Whiskey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2017
So I've just made it into Div. 1 for the first time in my FIFA career since 2013. Is there any advice or tips you seasoned vets could offer before I get myself relegated instantly?

Cheers in advance!

futhead.com/17/squads/4485644/

Comments

• NVS_Whiskey
    edited February 2017
    Also..Apparently I'm too ignorant to be able to post my team. Soooo

4-3-1-2
    GK: Lloris
    LB: Evra
    CB: Varane
    CB: OTW Umtiti
    RB: Carvahal
    CM: Mordric
    CM: Pjanic
    CM: IF Ben Yedder
    CAM: IF Vietto
    ST: IF Dybala
    ST: Griezmann
  • Delboy13710
    7083 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty much the same as division 2 imo
  • mjustic
    1318 posts Professional
    Your team is great. If you get annoyed by your opponents, don't start playing the way they are. I noticed on myself if someone's playing like an as*hole, I start playing like one too. Just keep playing the way you usually do and you'll win games.
  • Nicku32
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just buy Martial and put him as a ST. Thats what every other cnut does.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    edited February 2017
    Nicku32 wrote: »

If it's anything like Div. 4, Div. 3, and Div. 2, I will just play against IF Lukaku/ Martial every game ever....
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Well, I won 2, drew 2 and lost the rest...Not only did I get relegated from Div. 1, I got a case of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (for about 4 games.) and dropped to Div. 3. Where I'm currently winning again. So that was fun...
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Score a goal and pass around the back lol
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Score a goal and pass around the back lol

That would have worked actually (unfortunately). I went up one or two early in every game and then just got hammered in the second half.
  • RandomLhama83
    10099 posts Has That Special Something
    simply don't play it. the sweat is immense. Go play dailys.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    joe666 wrote: »
    simply don't play it. the sweat is immense. Go play dailys.

I honestly just wanted to get there to qualify for the WL. However, you are correct. The amount of real try-hards was crazy. First game in Div. 1 was a full silver squad which terrified me for good reason. Went up 2-0 at half and lost 4-2. Almost every game after that was cheap BPL squads or TOTY Ronaldo variants. I felt like I played well. I made good chances, scored and defended well. I just kept conceding long shots and rebounds. I don't think I've ever given up that many 30-35 yard screamers. People in Div. 1 really know how to finish.

By people in Div 1 I mean, Lukaku...
  • aberry1000
    2328 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nicku32 wrote: »

lol so true
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    Stay calm and be patient. A lot of players keep the ball and grind you down so just relax, enjoy and don't stress if they've made 15 passes without moving behind you they're waiting for you to panic and dive into a challenge. I used to find it was full of people just sprinting at me all game but it's more like a game of chess a lot of the time now.