Common misconception regarding SBCs and coins

bad pack luck
2827 posts Fans' Favourite
This is really bugging me when I read this forum. It's a very prevalent misconception.

When you do an SBC that costs 100k or more, you didn't just remove 100k worth of coins from the market. You removed cards that were VALUED at 100k or more. The only coins you ACTUALLY removed from the market were the discard values of those cards, which technically don't even exist if you don't discard those cards. You removed the POSSIBILITY of those discard coins ever coming to fruition. What REALLY happened to your coins is that they were just transferred to someone else when you bought their card to put into the SBC.

Put another way, if I buy some magic beans from you and pay you with my money, but then proceed to throw those beans into a bottomless pit, did the money I pay you go with it? Of course not.

Comments

• Danic123
    4646 posts National Call-Up
    Of course it depends if that person is likely to quickly transfer his money over and keep the trading going.

A lot of people hold on to coins. Many people invest 200k coins for example & if they make 100k just spend the 100k & keep hold of the initial investment.

I spend coins like they're burning a hole in my pocket, but many people aren't so foolish. And that is why coins are drained from the market.
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Of course it depends if that person is likely to quickly transfer his money over and keep the trading going.

A lot of people hold on to coins. Many people invest 200k coins for example & if they make 100k just spend the 100k & keep hold of the initial investment.

I spend coins like they're burning a hole in my pocket, but many people aren't so foolish. And that is why coins are drained from the market.

How quickly they spend the coins doesn't matter, the coins are still available. Some people have this theory that EA are taking coins out of the market with SBCs when really they are only taking cards.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21686 posts Club Captain
    D i n k xD wrote: »

How quickly they spend the coins doesn't matter, the coins are still available. Some people have this theory that EA are taking coins out of the market with SBCs when really they are only taking cards.

Cards = coins
  • bad pack luck

Any time you see someone do this just post the link to this thread and the explanation.
  • Danic123
    4646 posts National Call-Up

How many people have high amount of coins to spend effects the market. If we all have high coins prices go up. If we all have low amount prices go down.

With SBC's EA are effectively stripping the try yards and most likely to spend cash on packs of their coins.
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up

Cards = coins

Ye cards have a value on the open market, but buying a card for 5k and submitting it in an SBC doesn't remove 5k coins from the market. Removes the possibility of that card being bought. The coins are still readily available to someone.
  • bad pack luck
    edited February 2017

Cards = coins

The only coins that cards actually hold are the possibility of discard coins, should you quick sell it. In many cases, you're not even removing those coins from the market because most people wouldn't quick sell valuable cards.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Yes and no. The more cards they take out the market then the higher the prices go for those cards. So in a round about way they are taking coins off the market indirectly.
  • Jimmyb83
    1163 posts Professional
    Remember 5% tax gets taken of each transaction!
  • McRaven
    8551 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    The only way EA literally takes coins out of the market is with packs, like the Lunar Year half price ones. If you do the SBCs with packed cards you'll only take away potential coins from the market if you were going to sell them which indirectly means there are less coins on the market.

Edit: forgot about tax though. EA does take coins from the market with buying/and selling, but it is a small amount.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    So if I have 10k and I buy a card from the market for 10 k and use it to complete a SBC, I dont remove 10k from my account ? :joy:
  • bad pack luck
    murazor wrote: »
    So if I have 10k and I buy a card from the market for 10 k and use it to complete a SBC, I dont remove 10k from my account ? :joy:

Still on the market though.
  • McRaven
    8551 posts League Winner

Yes, but 95% of your coins go to the seller. So they are still in the market.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner

Still on the market though.

Thats true but I have now 10k less to buy Bendtner :(
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    It depends on whether you have done the untradeable of not.

If I did the Zlatan SBC for 900k, then although the market has seen my 900k. I have nothing of value to sell on as it's worthless. So up to 900k has been sinked from the market. Think of how much this is happening with these SBCs
  • WFCBagnall
    95336 posts Moderator
    For every 100k i spend on a SBC I make back from 1 week of WL Rewards.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    SBCs make the rich, richer.
  • bad pack luck
    edited February 2017
    Rutta wrote: »

If I did the Zlatan SBC for 900k, then although the market has seen my 900k. I have nothing of value to sell on as it's worthless. So up to 900k has been sinked from the market. Think of how much this is happening with these SBCs

The 900k you gave away to get him is still there. Whether you have something of value to sell on is of no concern in terms of actual total currency available within the market.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Seriously you make this thread and people continue to spout garbage....
  • Sercs
    22233 posts Club Captain
    disagree

both you and the seller agree a price of which you think the card is worth.. 10k

you then effectively get rid of this card towards a pack offer

if you had kept the card, and decided to sell on.. then odds are you'd of received close to what you paid at the time.

The card itself is taken from the market and odds on the reward you get back.. wont be as good.

Plus you can clearly see what the SBC's are doing, they are causing the market to crash as people sell up.. get rid of coins and then cant buy back players so everything falls.
  • bad pack luck
    Sercs wrote: »
    disagree

both you and the seller agree a price of which you think the card is worth.. 10k

if you had kept the card, and decided to sell on.. then odds are you'd of received close to what you paid at the time.

The card itself is taken from the market and odds on the reward you get back.. wont be as good.

Plus you can clearly see what the SBC's are doing, they are causing the market to crash as people sell up.. get rid of coins and then cant buy back players so everything falls.

WHERE are the coins going though? Think about this for a second please.
  • Reus
    23592 posts Club Captain
    Yet the sbcs have completely crashed the market
  • Yellowjelly
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBC's do drain coins from the market. Let's take Ibra's as the most obvious example, Ibra before his SBC cost around 330k. After his SBC came out he cost around 750k, to complete his SBC you obviously have to buy his card at an inflated price. So now anyone selling Ibra on the market goes from losing 16.5k in tax to 35k in tax. This is a 100% increase in coins being taken away from the market.

This applies to every SBC, most actually cause players price to increase more than double (see all 84s). Instead of EA taking about 100 coins from every 84 rated player being bought (based on the cost of an 84 being 2k), they are now taking roughly 300 coins. This amount on every transaction adds up to be a substantial amount. Therefore SBCs do indeed drain coins from the market.

TLDR EA do drain coins from the market from SBCs :)
  • ronaldogoal
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everyone take a chill pill
  • Rutta
    Rutta wrote: »

The 900k you gave away to get him is still there. Whether you have something of value to sell on is of no concern in terms of actual total currency available within the market.

It does. As I have nothing to sell on to get whatever I can back.

If it was a NIF card, then I could sell it on.

Coins have disappeared from the market.
  • Rutta
    edited February 2017
    If you had a £million untradeable card you would understand the concept maybe
  • bad pack luck
    edited February 2017
    Your coins are literally sitting in someone else's account right now. For gods sake people, just think about it for one second.
    SBC's do drain coins from the market. Let's take Ibra's as the most obvious example, Ibra before his SBC cost around 330k. After his SBC came out he cost around 750k, to complete his SBC you obviously have to buy his card at an inflated price. So now anyone selling Ibra on the market goes from losing 16.5k in tax to 35k in tax. This is a 100% increase in coins being taken away from the market.

This applies to every SBC, most actually cause players price to increase more than double (see all 84s). Instead of EA taking about 100 coins from every 84 rated player being bought (based on the cost of an 84 being 2k), they are now taking roughly 300 coins. This amount on every transaction adds up to be a substantial amount. Therefore SBCs do indeed drain coins from the market.

TLDR EA do drain coins from the market from SBCs :)

The tax is valid, that is an actual case of coins disappearing. But the idea that all 750k just went away is COMPLETELY wrong.
  • Sercs
    22233 posts Club Captain
    Sercs wrote: »
    disagree

WHERE are the coins going though? Think about this for a second please.

I am, your just making an irrelevant point

Buy card (exchanging coins, for a player, worth the same amount).. the coins have taken a different form, but one of the same value at the time.

Card disappears (lose coins)
    Sell on the card (gain coins)

you claiming the card has no value past discard, simply is not true for a large majority of cards.
  • bad pack luck
    Okay, go ahead and buy every single card you need to do the SBC Suarez from me. I get your coins and get to use them any way I please. Yes, you lost your coins and you lost them to someone else as with any transaction.

What you do with those cards when you put them into the SBC means nothing after that beyond the potential discard coins that would have been created if you quick sold it.
  • McRaven
    8551 posts League Winner
    Hmmm yeah the untradeables do make a point. If you're thinking solely in coins then EA only take them away by using tax and packs, but cards also hold value. If you buy a card for 100k then 95k goes to the seller, 5k to EA and you have 100k in that card. If you have an untradeable you got through an SBC you bought the cards to do the SBC, 95% goes to the seller(s), 5% to EA but you have a card with 0 value. Normally you would have coins, but because it is untradeable you have nothing to trade with and thus indirectly removed coins from the market.