Best time to buy TIF mertens

Teesmith92
137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Would you recommend buying now as price is low? Or waiting till he's announced on Wednesday and people panic sell?

Comments

• Breaker1987
    1484 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think you mean SIF Mertens (TOTGS Mertens is not an IF).
    I would buy 87 Mertens after the announcement of 88 Mertens.
    Maybe his price will come down another 50 - 75k :)
  • ThomasF1_GR
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2017
    Many have panic sold already , however it is possible he will drop some more. Just buy him quick after the announcement, he will probably recover, that was the case with the 85 rated card when the 87 was announced.
  • Teesmith92
    Many have panic sold already , however it is possible he will drop some more. Just buy him quick after the announcement, he will probably recover, that was the case with the 85 rated card when the 87 was announced.

Cheers both, and yes I was counting the TOTGS as an IF, do you guys use him at all? I'm currently only on his NIF but been saving for a while..
  • ThomasF1_GR
    Teesmith92 wrote: »

Cheers both, and yes I was counting the TOTGS as an IF, do you guys use him at all? I'm currently only on his NIF but been saving for a while..

He's great, i bought him for 567K when he was in packs and i use him as a CAM. Could have sold for 900K but he is my most important player, he will also get an upgrade so i'm happy to keep him.
  • Teesmith92
    Teesmith92 wrote: »

He's great, i bought him for 567K when he was in packs and i use him as a CAM. Could have sold for 900K but he is my most important player, he will also get an upgrade so i'm happy to keep him.

What's the rest of your team looking like? Assuming it's Serie A? He is going to go nicely in CAM behind dybala and TIF icardi for me
  • ThomasF1_GR
    I'm using 4-3-3 (4)

IF Perisic-TIF Higuain-Cuadrado
    SIF Mertens
    Marchisio-Nainggolan
    Alex Sandro-Chiellini-TOT Koulibaly-Florenzi
    SBC Buffon

• InigoMontoya
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would expect prices to rise a bit across the board once the OTW SBCs are gone and WL rewards come out ( Thursday night now )
  • Imaginate
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm using 4-3-3 (4)

IF Perisic-TIF Higuain-Cuadrado
    SIF Mertens
    Marchisio-Nainggolan
    Alex Sandro-Chiellini-TOT Koulibaly-Florenzi
    SBC Buffon

Interesting team but maybe bonucci is better ? M/H and H/H
    Instead of L/H and H/H

Koulibaly is 93 rated with shadow as it has unreal strength and height

(Even chielini or only 91,92)
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    I'm really hoping he doesn't get a TIF tbh, then I'll scoop up the SIF right after the announcement before it jumps back up in price. instead of having to wait and try to guess best time to buy TIF
  • keyroy
    1613 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hes really good probably my favourite player on the game. I use him at cam aswell had him at striker for 100 games or so and he is very good there but feel hes better at cam
  • keyroy
    1613 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use him in this

http://imgur.com/PzDG9ot
  • vivalaram
    747 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He is immense and has pretty much scored atleast a goal a game for me, well had I added to the madness by selling him at a loss of about 40k but worth it if I can snap his TIF up for 800-900k (hopefully)