How is 4-3-3(4)?

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
I have Pogba and Messi and I want them to both be involved as much as possible while still getting chemistry. Are the wingers involved much in this formation? I'm currently playing 4321 which obviously has Messi heavily involved, but Pogba feels wasted at CM. Thoughts?

Comments

• ShaunCPFC
    4182 posts National Call-Up
    Used it over the WL, it's very good offensively but kept getting caught out defensively when my midfield decided to go forward even when instructed to stay back.
  • dopetothemax
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »
    Used it over the WL, it's very good offensively but kept getting caught out defensively when my midfield decided to go forward even when instructed to stay back.

Were the wingers involved much? I worry about Messi being stuck out wide isolated. and not being around the goal enough
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Easily my favourite formation. Make sure you have 2 destroyers for cm's. Wingers get a lot more space than 4321 (obvs). Have one of the cm's stay back. Cam is the most important position. Pogba would be great there although personally I love Eriksen.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11279 posts Has That Special Something
    Just switched to it will play a game or 2 now
  • dopetothemax
    Easily my favourite formation. Make sure you have 2 destroyers for cm's. Wingers get a lot more space than 4321 (obvs). Have one of the cm's stay back. Cam is the most important position. Pogba would be great there although personally I love Eriksen.

Thanks for the info. May not be for me as one of the CMs would have to be Iniesta to get the chem for Messi.

Keep me posted bud!
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Changed to it for 4 games the other night from 4231 2, hated it haha it felt like a **** and didn't have any rhyme or reason to it. I can see why sweaty players in the WL use it and 4321 now. Not saying you're sweaty just saying in general. I was 1-2-1 with it in div 3. Switched back to 4231 2 and won 6 in a row completely dominating haha
  • EuroE92
    307 posts Sunday League Hero

Let us know. I found that with 4-3-3 (4) although your CAM gets heavily used, I found that the wingers tend to stay out wide. Even with the instructions to cut inside they still drifted to wide and being forced to cross more than cutting inside.

I currently play 4-3-2-1 and I love it. I don't find that my midfield does get involved decently, while staying defensive.

Maybe its play style.
  • dopetothemax
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Changed to it for 4 games the other night from 4231 2, hated it haha it felt like a **** and didn't have any rhyme or reason to it. I can see why sweaty players in the WL use it and 4321 now. Not saying you're sweaty just saying in general. I was 1-2-1 with it in div 3. Switched back to 4231 2 and won 6 in a row completely dominating haha

Thanks! I think I'll stick to my 4321. Oh and I'm a sweatbag. lol

btw, how do the wingers perform in that form? I'm assuming Messi would be completely wasted there? @krakos000
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

btw, how do the wingers perform in that form? I'm assuming Messi would be completely wasted there? @krakos000

Hahaha definitely stick to 4321 then. I just didn't like how 'all over the place' 433 4 felt.

In 4231 2? Honestly they aren't really involved at all unless you build up play through them using 1 2s. I have Willian and Martial as LM/RM and they're my cheapest players for a reason. They're all I need there ha plus they're OP anyway. With instructions to cut in side and stay forward they get slightly more involved but they're mainly just there as an outlet. If you were to use it, I'd recommend subbing Messi on at CAM. He'd be a god
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Best formation in the game
  • dopetothemax

Hahaha definitely stick to 4321 then. I just didn't like how 'all over the place' 433 4 felt.

In 4231 2? Honestly they aren't really involved at all unless you build up play through them using 1 2s. I have Willian and Martial as LM/RM and they're my cheapest players for a reason. They're all I need there ha plus they're OP anyway. With instructions to cut in side and stay forward they get slightly more involved but they're mainly just there as an outlet. If you were to use it, I'd recommend subbing Messi on at CAM. He'd be a god

Ahh thanks. I'd love to have Messi at CAM, but the whole reason to change is to get OTW Pogba more involved. 4321 it is then. Let's have a game soon! I feel like we're always saying this lol @krakos000
  • uhMaZiiNq
    I hate it. Way too wide and the wingers feel like they aren't even on the field
  • dopetothemax

lol that's exactly what I feared. Thank you!
  • uhMaZiiNq

I won the game 3-1 he quit but idk it feels so spread out. Pogba was way more involved though he interchanged with eriksen a lot.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

Ahh thanks. I'd love to have Messi at CAM, but the whole reason to change is to get OTW Pogba more involved. 4321 it is then. Let's have a game soon! I feel like we're always saying this lol @krakos000

Ahh okay gotcha!! Maybe have him on stay forward? As a cm. I'm down! Tbh I didn't think you played as much since I never see you online or posting here as much ha
  • Campino
    26918 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 2017

I won the game 3-1 he quit but idk it feels so spread out. Pogba was way more involved though he interchanged with eriksen a lot.

Wingers are seriously wide ain't they and I was playing hazard up top and I think he is 5 foot in heels so there wasn't any point. Started off with it every game in 4 and took the lead twice but I switched back to 4-3-1-2 at half time and won every game comfortably

It's not my cup of tea at all but I gave it 4 games
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Campino wrote: »

Wingers are seriously wide ain't they and I was playing hazard up top and I think he is 5 foot in heels so there wasn't any point. Started off with it every game in 4 and took the lease twice but I switched back to 4-3-1-2 at half time and won every game comfortably

It's not my cup of tea at all but I gave it 4 games

They are far too wide out its insane. I needed a change from 4312 though after losing 7 straight (although mainly because of lag) think I'm just gonna try 41212(2)
  • dopetothemax

Ahh okay gotcha!! Maybe have him on stay forward? As a cm. I'm down! Tbh I didn't think you played as much since I never see you online or posting here as much ha

I definitely don't play as much as I did last year. Every time I'm on though I always see you Netflix or something! lol I'll hit you up tonight for a game
  • uhMaZiiNq
    41212(2) pogba feels a little more involved than 4312
  • TNeves95
    815 posts Semi-Pro
    Great formation, but you need two CDM's with decent passing at CM, or a CDM and a box-to-box with above average defending. Both CM's stay back and CAM on free roam.

It works great for me.
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    love the form. my fav this year.
  • sealevel
    40 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2017
    any custom tactics suggestions for 4-3-3(4)?
    i'm a bit confused right now.
    after success with 4-1-2-1-2(2) pre patch and 4-3-2-1 after patch, i struggled last WL to find the right formation.
    for me it feels like every game is different. different speed, different ball control.
    all players act like legends one game and the next game they play like they came directly out of a bar.
    every game in WL my players have a opponent directly in their faces after they got the ball. is it high preassure, contain (a) or teammate contain (RB)?
    testing 4-3-3 right now with 80-50 org // 70-45-65 ff // 45-55-45 cover. the wingers are WIDE (very wide).

• Danic123
    2325 posts Fans' Favourite
    sealevel wrote: »
    any custom tactics suggestions for 4-3-3(4)?
    i'm a bit confused right now.
    after success with 4-1-2-1-2(2) pre patch and 4-3-2-1 after patch, i struggled last WL to find the right formation.
    for me it feels like every game is different. different speed, different ball control.
    all players act like legends one game and the next game they play like they came directly out of a bar.
    every game in WL my players have a opponent directly in their faces after they got the ball. is it high preassure, contain (a) or teammate contain (RB)?
    testing 4-3-3 right now with 80-50 org // 70-45-65 ff // 45-55-45 cover. the wingers are WIDE (very wide).

Wingers weren't so wide for me, but the most involved player by far was the CAM. Very attacking formation, but leaves you open.
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    4321 is three forwards, not wingers.

FUT17 is the game where wingers never cut in and fullbacks never stay back. A lot of the game gets fixed if they would ever address those two issues. Wider formations would work better again, you could play a slow build up, you could cross and work a side of the field against PTB, and counters wouldn't be as OP if both fullbacks did what they were told.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Worm wrote: »
    4321 is three forwards, not wingers.

FUT17 is the game where wingers never cut in and fullbacks never stay back. A lot of the game gets fixed if they would ever address those two issues. Wider formations would work better again, you could play a slow build up, you could cross and work a side of the field against PTB, and counters wouldn't be as OP if both fullbacks did what they were told.

Naww it's not just 17, it was like that for 16 as well.
  • PJazz
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite

TNeves95 wrote: »
    Great formation, but you need two CDM's with decent passing at CM, or a CDM and a box-to-box with above average defending. Both CM's stay back and CAM on free roam.

It works great for me.

Exactly! And you also need to have two great CB! one with decent pace and other with solid def stats!
    The main player in this formation is the CAM! He gets heavily involved and you need to have a player with great dribbling, passing and shooting stas (for ex. James Rodriguez, Deco, Pogba, Ozil, etc.).
    Switching the formation at half time works like a charm! You can use 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 (2)
    If you don't like your wingers to be so wide, just change the width to 30 - 35.
  • Dami_076
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    PJazz wrote: »

TNeves95 wrote: »

It works great for me.

Exactly! And you also need to have two great CB! one with decent pace and other with solid def stats!
    The main player in this formation is the CAM! He gets heavily involved and you need to have a player with great dribbling, passing and shooting stas (for ex. James Rodriguez, Deco, Pogba, Ozil, etc.).
    Switching the formation at half time works like a charm! You can use 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 (2)
    If you don't like your wingers to be so wide, just change the width to 30 - 35.

@PJazz you think Dembele could be a good cam in this formation?
  • Dami_076
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    Moussa dembele
  • Danic123
    2325 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dami_076 wrote: »
    Moussa dembele

No mate. He'd be good in the midfield 2 though.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class

I definitely don't play as much as I did last year. Every time I'm on though I always see you Netflix or something! lol I'll hit you up tonight for a game

Haha yeahhh if it's during the morning to afternoon I'm most likely asleep with Netflix on but feel free to message me whenever unless I'm on a different game and I'll probably be down to play if I'm awake ha