I honestly couldn't care less man, but each to there own :wink:
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Whats his sentence or fine?

Not been done yet
  • Sercs
    22347 posts Club Captain
    hmm interesting. so the basis that its gambling is because people can sell the in game coins? even though its explicitly against the rules within the game?

or have I missed something? did he act as a way to transfer coins out of the game to bet on stuff?
  • May I be the first to say

Who honestly gives a toss?

I'm curious how it turns out tbh.

I honestly couldn't care less man, but each to there own :wink:

Then don't read it
  • Sanchezzzz
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Hoping its a fine and nothing else, need me some fifa content :#
  • Sanchezzzz wrote: »

Agreed
  • Primal
    11540 posts Has That Special Something
    He wont get a sentence ha just fines/un paid work. Its a low level offence tbh
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    15034 posts Moderator
    Sercs wrote: »
    hmm interesting. so the basis that its gambling is because people can sell the in game coins? even though its explicitly against the rules within the game?

or have I missed something? did he act as a way to transfer coins out of the game to bet on stuff?

No.

That article is so misinformed. You can't transfer coins out of the game and like hold them anywhere :D

The coins were transferred to an account he owned i guess, but still within the game.
  • RadioShaq
    19968 posts Moderator
    Sercs wrote: »

It looks like they used to coins to bet on real games.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 2017
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »

Ridiculous reasoning.

Imagine a lost prophets fans saying that. (Not at all comparing the crimes)
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Primal wrote: »

All depends if the gambling commission will be pressing for the courts to make an example of him, as this is the first case of its kind.

I think he'll 'get off' with a fine and suspended sentence now he has pleaded guilty.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone else get the feeling the fuse has just been lit! Can see this thread escalating quite quickly like the last one.
  • Sanchezzzz
    Peter wrote: »

Ridiculous reasoning.

Each to their own deserves to pay a fine for the crime, if its prison then thats something he has to deal with however Im not gonna wish a prison sentence on the guy.
  • dazovic31111
    61 posts Park Captain
    in fareness i saw JMX go on about buying coins and telling folk they could use them to gble on real games. and then put them into fifa. the sooner fifa bans youtubers for coin sales the better
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    stop making posts about him, this isn't reddit
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Hasn't he changed his plea then? I thought the whole saga carried onto court because he plead not guilty initially
  • Peter
    Peter wrote: »

Ridiculous reasoning.

Each to their own deserves to pay a fine for the crime, if its prison then thats something he has to deal with however Im not gonna wish a prison sentence on the guy.

Thats a different thing altogether. Hope for a fine because its the right thing, not because he makes content you enjoy.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Jake wrote: »
    Hasn't he changed his plea then? I thought the whole saga carried onto court because he plead not guilty initially

Think so, yeah.
  • RadioShaq
    19968 posts Moderator
    Would he have to pay back all the people they took money off of or at least the minors?
  • Sanchezzzz
    @Peter I do want a fine because its the right thing, but I don't want to see him serve a prison sentence because I don't think he deserves one.
  • Peter
    @Peter I do want a fine because its the right thing, but I don't want to see him serve a prison sentence because I don't think he deserves one.

Thats what I mean, that reasoning is fine.

Just saying his content should not come into the discussion.
  • Primal
    11540 posts Has That Special Something
    Primal wrote: »

All depends if the gambling commission will be pressing for the courts to make an example of him, as this is the first case of its kind.

I think he'll 'get off' with a fine and suspended sentence now he has pleaded guilty.

I use to work in the betting industry and now im a police officer he will get nothing. Gambling commision have no effect on the decision . Courts give people many chances as prisons are full and im guessing he pays taxes and contributes to society whereas alot of criminals do not.

For example if you make tens of thousands and are caught dealing cannabis youd get a 12 month suspended sentence (no previous) the fact hes pleaded guilty and isnt wasting more of peoples time will see him through.

Good idea though I guess. Wonder how much effort it would of taken to transfer coins after a win on a match.
  • Hitman_Hatton

I would imagine parents might think differently as he was promoting underage gambling (or at least, didn't have measures in place to prevent minors taking part).

Its a tricky one.
  • Sercs
    22347 posts Club Captain
    he wont go to prison, just a hefty fine. hence the last minute decision to change the plea, lawyer has obviously advised them this is the most predictable / controlled way to carry it out.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone who releases more than 50 FIFA videos should be locked away.