The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Officially done with FIFA 17

maTTeOs_mAZzA
3259 posts National Call-Up
I just can't enjoy this game anymore.

I don't know why I expected a decent game this year. It's the first game EA have released with the new engine, so it's no surprise that there are still problems with the game.

Don't get me started with the disconnect glitches/cheating/momentum aspects, especially with the WL. I never made it to Elite 3, and I consider myself a pretty decent player. Every week was the same for me, I'd start off with 5-0 and then lose the same amount in a row and would usually end up in Gold 2 or 3. I only made Gold 1 once. That can't be just on my part.

The lag is horrible. Green latency doesn't matter. The game still plays like dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️. 95% of the time lag plays a huge part when I lose, it's impossible to play a patient, build up style of play when there is a full second delay with the button input.

I am officially throwing in the towel this year. There's just too many issues to name. I can only hope EA listen to more of their feedback for FUT 18, because to be fair this is probably the first year that they actually took note of some complaints made on these forums. The gameplay needs tweaking, WL needs enhancing and fresh ideas need to be implemented. I will still be around on here until then, but I definately won't be talking about FUT 17.

TL;DR: Given up with FUT 17 as it is full of issues, will be back for FUT 18.

Comments

• See you ....tomorrow
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Bye Celica
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    See you ....tomorrow

Not saying I won't be on the forums, I will still be here talking about real life football.
  • Paquetesousa
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was almost quitting too... I tried 442 flat and im doing OK on regular seasons. On fut champs though, its a whole different story lol
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Play Clubs instead
  • Everyone always has a new reason to complain about anything . No game will ever be peefect. Get over yourself pansy
  • Whitebeard
    3442 posts National Call-Up
    I stopped playing it 2 months ago. Life is a lot better, don't regret my decision one bit. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA copy and paste the same code every year over. Fifa 16 and Fifa 17 play the same because the code is the same, a new engine is meaningless. You hardly thing they build Fifa 17 from scratch in 1 year? The same gameplay issues will be there for Fifa 18

And to be honest peer to peer for matches, is why the game plays ❤️❤️❤️❤️ online. You could be playing some guy in Italy from England and your ping could be 100 while hes only 10
  • Kingy
    2258 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's true, the delay on FUT Champions is a disgrace for me.

It is completely different to Draft or other modes.
  • Phildeleg
    1166 posts Professional
    It's just like that sometimes
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Im just about done with this game as well, i can get maybe 1 game out of the 40 games in Fut champs without button delay and i won 5-0. I actually feel like i can do what i want and have some control over my players without the button delay BS. But unfortuneately its very very rare i can get a online game without lag.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    I stopped playing it 2 months ago. Life is a lot better, don't regret my decision one bit. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Good decision.

Cheers. I do feel better already. These next 7 months are going to be stress free.
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Xbox seems to get far more lag and NLG than PS4. Not once have I had a lag or NLG game during WL. Few times during WL gameplay speeds up to 100mph but nothing unplayable

The game itself is a fix EA are clearly cheating. Hopefully some organisation can shut them down and fine them till their bankrupt but highly unlikely
  • Peekab88
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    it is a decent game... stop always complain..
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Peekab88 wrote: »
    it is a decent game... stop always complain..
    Everyone always has a new reason to complain about anything . No game will ever be peefect. Get over yourself pansy

Have either of you ever been on a forum?