OT: Hammers fans hate Payet now or no?

Jaedric_Kaine
1756 posts Play-Off Hero
Not trying to rub salt in the wound, just curious. I would be outraged at that kind of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ if a player whom you had penned hopes and dreams on just gave my club the finger like that.

Comments

• UnbenchTheKentch
    49 posts Last Pick at the Park
    tbf he turned down millions from china to stay last summer
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional
    And they could have made around £100M if he had been sold in the summer during the Euros.
  • Bandicoot
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
    If i was a west ham fan, i would understand and still support Payet.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 2017
    Bandicoot wrote: »

Understand his reasons yes, but not his actions.

He has behaved terribly.
  • Furrag85
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    Badly advised, but he had to do what he had to do. The West Ham board are absolute knobends, and I can imagine they acted such and wouldn't be empathetic of Payet's family situation, which would force such a scenario. End of the day, there's more to life than football and working.

Gutted? No. Disappointed, yes. Bought him as a 28 year old for £10m. Had a great season and Euros, and returned home for family reasons, and we made £15m profit on him. If I was a Marseille fan, I'd have serious concerns spending £25m on a player who next season will be 31.

Allows Lanzini to step-up now though.
  • Peter
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    Badly advised, but he had to do what he had to do. The West Ham board are absolute knobends, and I can imagine they acted such and wouldn't be empathetic of Payet's family situation, which would force such a scenario. End of the day, there's more to life than football and working.

Gutted? No. Disappointed, yes. Bought him as a 28 year old for £10m. Had a great season and Euros, and returned home for family reasons, and we made £15m profit on him. If I was a Marseille fan, I'd have serious concerns spending £25m on a player who next season will be 31.

Allows Lanzini to step-up now though.

He still went about it wrong.

His family situatuon isnt that bad, London to Marseille is a trip he could make once a week to visit.

He should have sat down with them and and agreed to work his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off till the end of the season and then leave on good terms.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Peter wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »

Understand his reasons yes, but not his actions.

He has behaved terribly.

Agreed, he was probably promised that West Ham would challenge for Europe like the fans were but you can't come out and say you don't want to play for your club. Should've stayed until the summer and left a hero.
  • Furrag85

His family situatuon isnt that bad, London to Marseille is a trip he could make once a week to visit.

He should have sat down with them and and agreed to work his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off till the end of the season and then leave on good terms.
    Disagree.

Moved to Gibraltar with my wife 3 months after getting married. I love it here. She's extremely homesick and not settling at all. I think its madness as the life here is miles better than London, and we're from the better parts too. We're going back as I can't bare to see her down and feeling isolated.

Why would you stay in a job you're not happy in? You wouldn't. Family and your own happiness always comes first.

Still think there's more to the story from West Hams end. Our board are infamous for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everyone about and spinning the truth. You can see that with the stadium.
  • Zerk3R
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Sodan70 wrote: »
    And they could have made around £100M if he had been sold in the summer during the Euros.

no way, £100M for free kicks seems a bit too much for me. I think £40-60M would have been more reasonable.
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    Sodan70 wrote: »

you ok there mate
  • Furrag85
    No way would we have got £40m+ for a 29 year old from Ligue 1, which is the only place he wanted to go.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    I haven't followed this Payet thing too closely, how exactly did he go from "I love West Ham and won't play anywhere else" to "I am refusing to play, please sell me immediately"? Is it just because West Ham is disappointingly terrible this season?
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    He has gone to a similar club in his home town for less wages, behaved disgracefully but until we find out exactly what went on we should be careful to say too much.. One of his family may be seriously Ill, which, if true, would make Brady and co look like the set of C--ts we already know them to be. They need to take a leaf from my clubs board and get off social media and get running your joke of a club properly.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

Lool
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    No
  • Peter

Disagree.

Moved to Gibraltar with my wife 3 months after getting married. I love it here. She's extremely homesick and not settling at all. I think its madness as the life here is miles better than London, and we're from the better parts too. We're going back as I can't bare to see her down and feeling isolated.

Why would you stay in a job you're not happy in? You wouldn't. Family and your own happiness always comes first.

Still think there's more to the story from West Hams end. Our board are infamous for **** everyone about and spinning the truth. You can see that with the stadium.

Its not the same though, his family had already moved home, he could have flown to see them weekly while he came to a respectable solution.

Football should be about fans, refusing to play is an insult to them.
  • They Caged Non

Disagree.

Still think there's more to the story from West Hams end. Our board are infamous for **** everyone about and spinning the truth. You can see that with the stadium.

Its not the same though, his family had already moved home, he could have flown to see them weekly while he came to a respectable solution.

Get a grip of reality, i worked away for 8 months in 2015 going back on a weekend and it was a massive strain on my life/relationship, just because they earn good money doesnt detract from them being human beings.

• Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain

Disagree.

Football is at the end of the day still a game, and a job for payet. Family should always be your number one priority
  • Peter

Disagree.

Get a grip of reality, i worked away for 8 months in 2015 going back on a weekend and it was a massive strain on my life/relationship, just because they earn good money doesnt detract from them being human beings.

:joy: its not normal reality though is it.

Its more than good money, its ridiculous money that makes the journey to see his family the same as a guy from birmingham working down in london during the week.

The club and player could have come to an agreement to allow him a day a week off to see them. And gone about things peacefully ibstead if the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that went on.
  • Dan is Clutch
    35424 posts World Cup Winner
    I haven't followed this Payet thing too closely, how exactly did he go from "I love West Ham and won't play anywhere else" to "I am refusing to play, please sell me immediately"? Is it just because West Ham is disappointingly terrible this season?

We're 3 places lower than we finished last season.
  • Dizz
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He commited his future to West Ham last season.
    To then turn around and refuse to play is disgraceful behaviour.

he deserved to rot in the reserves.
  • They Caged Non

Disagree.

:joy: its not normal reality though is it.

Its more than good money, its ridiculous money that makes the journey to see his family the same as a guy from birmingham working down in london during the week.

The club and player could have come to an agreement to allow him a day a week off to see them. And gone about things peacefully ibstead if the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that went on.

I disagree, i earned roughly double my wage by working away, would i do it again... i would do my best to avoid it at all costs, work life balance was shocking and my weekends were spent solely with my GF so i didn't see friends/family at all and every monday morning was just should destroying, its s--t whichever you way look at it.

And all that crap on Talksport about being in france within 30 mins after the game is rubbish, its at least a 2 hour flight to Marseilles with another 2 hours added on for airport time.

The guy has been an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but at least he didn't do it then sod off to United or Real Madrid, he stuck to his word and for that we have to at least credit him for.. I've seen plenty of players claim the same then move even further away from where they live.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something

I assumed last season was a disappointingly bad season as well (relative to the expectations).
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dizz wrote: »
    He commited his future to West Ham last season.
    To then turn around and refuse to play is disgraceful behaviour.

he deserved to rot in the reserves.

Do you similarly disparage clubs when they commit to players only to sell them before the end of the contract?
  • They Caged Non
    Gaston Ramirez has been equally as much of a knob to us but we haven't all started crying about it.
  • Dan is Clutch
    35424 posts World Cup Winner

I assumed last season was a disappointingly bad season as well (relative to the expectations).

What?
  • BBSM
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2017
    TBH as a fan there is most likely so much going on behind the scenes that you cant really make to much of a judgement but refusing to play is really just sad after what he said
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional
    No way would we have got £40m+ for a 29 year old from Ligue 1, which is the only place he wanted to go.

standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-demanded-100m-for-dimitri-payet-during-the-summer-transfer-window-a3334391.html
  • Disgusting behaviour I'm glad he's gone now and we have made a neat little profit, went from hero to zero, crossing his arms like hammers, f off mate