Lock out til 30 minutes seems reasonable
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    wait -why are people mad at this ?
    what's wrong with changing formation ?
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    It's a joke that you can play strikers at CDM with full chem, but not wingers that can also play striker. Players should only be able to play the positions they play in real life. Chemistry and positioning need to be updated to allow this.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    adzm123 wrote: »
    It should be allowed, however the chemistry should be changed.
    this
  • gia
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    it's a joke that people can disregard chem by doing this.
    most use it to play fast wingers at striker at full chem.

It's totally against the whole idea of teambuilding/chem.
  • kleineno7
    261 posts Sunday League Hero

because either they say it's annoying that people pause the game at start (only 20 seconds though) or that's unfair to avoid chemistry restrictions in this way. Igues some are also complaining just because they were beaten a lot of times by people who do this.

Since it's allowed in pro fut tournaments they will probably never change this. best thing to do actually is add more postion changes so you play every player on every postion on full chem since it's ridiculous that a ronaldo as st has less pace than ronaldo as a LF. But they will probably will never do that becaue this decreases de value of In Forms with possition changes.
  • seabo
    1413 posts Professional
    Who cares about position change IF values and position cards really...in a new fifa if there weren't position change IF cards I'm sure people would accept it as long as there is alternatives.

E.g. like in normal FIFA players often have a few positions listed as where they can play e.g Reus LM or CAM. Logically they could make it so he only gets max chem in these positions + LW/LF. Other secondary positions he could play would be ST or RM/RW with maybe say 7 chem. Other positions than this would be less chem 5 or less.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    gia wrote: »
    it's a joke that people can disregard chem by doing this.
    most use it to play fast wingers at striker at full chem.

It's totally against the whole idea of teambuilding/chem.

wingers are weak as ST anyway so don't see the problem. People play pacy strikers all the time . Some could say that chemistry is restricting the idea of ULTIMATE TEAM because you can't built it unless chem allows you to do . I swap from 4-3-3 flat to 4-3-3(4) in game just to have my mids at full chem at right positions bc otherwise I couldn't
  • gia
    seabo wrote: »
    Who cares about position change IF values and position cards really...in a new fifa if there weren't position change IF cards I'm sure people would accept it as long as there is alternatives.

E.g. like in normal FIFA players often have a few positions listed as where they can play e.g Reus LM or CAM. Logically they could make it so he only gets max chem in these positions + LW/LF. Other secondary positions he could play would be ST or RM/RW with maybe say 7 chem. Other positions than this would be less chem 5 or less.
    that's what I've been suggesting for years...
  • Mad_Scouser
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no issue with it ... I sometimes do it too. My team are all full green links and only swop out the position because the IF cards are different positions sometimes.
  • UltimateSimmo
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ok, so I have Ronaldo, whom I have paid 1.8m coins, I love using the 4312. What do I do???

The whole idea of the Mode is to build your ultimate team, so I can't use ronaldo on 10 chem unless I change formation and then revert in game. Ive paid the coin, why should I not be able to use the way I want??

As someone else mentioned you can adjust to your opponent just like you see week in week out in real life.

Dumb to lock it
  • UltimateSimmo
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    While we're at it, lets scrap subs too. Keep the team you started with..... dumb thread
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    Introducing chemistry into the game itself would most likely completely break the game. It appears that what happens right now is chemistry is calculated by looking at links etc. before the game and the stats are applied, with a flat chemistry applied to subs. The player stats are then adjusted based on the chem styles before the game is even loaded.

Now if you change formation the actual game itself has to not only load all of the stuff it already has, but also include all of the links between players, positions and manager in order to re calculate on the fly. Not to mention the fact that changing player stats mid game would most likely be riddled with bugs and issues.

What I'm getting at is the chem system and the gameplay system are completely un-linked. Once you enter a game, all links and positions are effectively forgotten, the stat boost from chemistry is applied while the game loads and then chemistry is thrown out of the window. Re building the game to include chemistry mid game would mean re building the entire game, and you'd either need to include the system in H2H for example, or you'd have two completely different games of FIFA.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chemistry just seems so silly and pointless.

Why should we be forced to use players from the same league or nation?
    Why should players get stat boosts just because they are next to players from the same nation or league?
    Why do we have to pause in the first minute just to move a player to a position they play in real life?

The entire system needs a complete overhaul instead of just being copy pasted from the previous years game like 99% of the features. Give us something new for once EA.
  • We can't afford striker Ronaldo so we use the normal one at striker after formation change :trollface:
  • Martythedoc
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    iNero wrote: »
    adzm123 wrote: »
    It should be allowed, however the chemistry should be changed. Ea will never do anything about it tho

That would be fine chemistry should adjust the same way it would before the match

Agreed.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    It should be allowed but I should use the same chemistry system as normal fut