Michael Laudrup or Rui Costa

JJJ7
471 posts Sunday League Hero
Thoughts?

Comments

• AIeks
    4967 posts National Call-Up
    I had Rui and he was... Well at first i didnt like him, he felt weak and got pushed off the ball easily. He was making me angry. Then i switched formations and he started to perform, by the time i sold him i regretted that i did. Replaced him with Zola and while Zola is pretty good Rui was just more special.

If you go with Costa i'd say give it time if you dont like him at first, his dribbling and passing are spot on.
  • JJJ7
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    I had Rui and he was... Well at first i didnt like him, he felt weak and got pushed off the ball easily. He was making me angry. Then i switched formations and he started to perform, by the time i sold him i regretted that i did. Replaced him with Zola and while Zola is pretty good Rui was just more special.

If you go with Costa i'd say give it time if you dont like him at first, his dribbling and passing are spot on.

Did u play Rui as lone cam cos I would in 4-1-2-1-2

Main concerns are strength and pace, appreciate both will have great passing and vision and I guess Rui would have better long shots I use sheringham and suker up top so not much pace or strength between them but sheringhams runs make up for lack of pace
  • AIeks
    4967 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2015
    JJJ7 wrote: »
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »

Did u play Rui as lone cam cos I would in 4-1-2-1-2

Main concerns are strength and pace, appreciate both will have great passing and vision and I guess Rui would have better long shots I use sheringham and suker up top so not much pace or strength between them but sheringhams runs make up for lack of pace
    I played him as a CAM in 41212(2). Switched to 4222 and thats when he started to shine. Feels like he needs space to be brilliant.

Oh btw Costa is not weak (81strength) at least on paper. It was just that, i felt like he got tackled too easily in a congested midfield.

• Nelmser
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have played with both in a 4-2-3-1(2) formation and Rui Costa was so so much better. A lot stronger on the ball, better shooting and heading. In fact I prefer him to any other legend CAM with the exception of Gullit, and I haven't tried Matthaus.
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    Laudrup.

I'm on PS and not biased at ALL... :D