The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Ajax [Not active - closed]

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Finally Feyenoord dropped points... but Ajax remain in this little crisis. Still a long season ahead and nothing is lost.
  • Danimal5981
    2461 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Consider this latest stretch as a test of character. Nothing has been decide yet and the league title is still there for the taking.

True, true. It's more mental than physical: I still have every chance of winning, but the feeling is that the ease of the first season half has completely vanished and I didn't manage to pull a gap in points.

Real test comes in a now playing PSV (3rd), Twente away (kicked me out of the Cup, kept me at 0-0 at home), then Vitesse (4th) and AZ (5th), with Europa League final 32 against Olympiacos in between....

J7GY5ze.png

• Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Recap:
    Eredivisie Matchday 23
    WILLEM II - AJAX 1:2

• Wyojasond
    13319 posts Has That Special Something
    Fell behind a bit in this so trying to catch up. Truly great battle for the title this year with feyenord. Really enjoying the graphics and breakdowns B)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good on NEC to grab a point and allow you to grab top spot again. Looked like a goal packed end to the match, good job on coming away as the winner.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Great to see you back to the top! Now you don't have to give up. Tough period ahead, but you know you can do it!
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice way to get yourself back on top after the Feyenoord result and still nine points ahead of PSV
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    NIk5vnC.png
  • subpop
    Nice classic battle. Looks like details may decide the title. Back on top... Keep it up!
  • Virtual_K
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    The gutsy wins may not be as satisfying as a classy win, but if it gets you back on top of the table then what the hell, right? :D The contest with Feyenoord couldn't be any closer; not a lot of room for error.
  • KubaTown
    696 posts An Exciting Prospect
    OCR1Tho.png

Look at that defensive shape and awareness from Willem boys!

Very nice to take advantage of it.
  • subpop
    Hehe... nice.

The pic reminds me what the Spanish TV show usually says about the Dutch league.... a lot of talent, nice games... but man, these defenses are abysmal. :#
  • Danimal5981
    POcvxpN.png
  • Danimal5981
    Recap: Eredivisie, Matchday 24
    Ajax 2-2 PSV

• IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    What a stroke of luck in getting a late late equaliser there! Maybe not a deserved one, but you go a point nonetheless. Let's see you take that result and have it inspire you to get some good wins and pass up Feyenoord.
  • ale85bg
    Yeah it doesn't really matter if it's deserved or not... You equalized, you got a point but most important you took two points away from them and that's not to underestimate.
    Feyenoord are ahead again, but you're so close... Nothing's written yet.
  • Danimal5981
    UkMjUz3.png
  • subpop
    Well... against PSV, it looks like you saved a point after all, although you had your chances to tie the match sooner.

Sadly Feyenoord went on top again. This is not over yet though. In any case, looks like the margin of error is minimum.

In the Europa League, the 1-0 is not a terrible result, their advantage is short, but if they score a goal in the second leg, the challenge is huge. We will see.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Unfortunate to see such a close loss to Olympiacos, but it's one you can come back from so hopefully it won't stop you from advancing.
  • Wyojasond
    Never easy to break in a new formation, but the result wasn't horrible. Hopefully the team can bounce back in the reverse fixture
  • Danimal5981
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @Wyojasond @IAmLikingFlame @subpop @ale85bg @KubaTown @Virtual_K @JoshDFC and @Greenman019

It's around this time, I started to notice the movies are actually rarely watched and on top are not showing much other than the goals and highlights (in other words, not contributing to the story much).

So I'm reverting back to my old style, where only pivotal games or moments are being shown. This will also be likely to increase the speed of the story.

gWmaWuy.png
  • Chip
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good 2-0 win then, I quite like Ajax. Hopefully you win the league
  • ale85bg
    Great to profit like that from the match between PSV and Feyenoord. Now it's once again up to you... Keep it up!
  • IAmLikingFlame
    That's a good little win there, and just as importantly it's good to see Feyenoord lost. Thanks PSV!
  • Virtual_K
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    As someone who takes the time to edit a video and as someone who is aware that few people take the time to view them, I still like to do them for important games (and comic relief), so I hope you will too. I personally would like to see more people create videos for important games as I myself would prefer to watch the action as opposed to reading a play-by-play, but I know people have differing opinions on that point. Your articles, however, are beautifully done.
  • Danimal5981
    edited March 2017
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    As someone who takes the time to edit a video and as someone who is aware that few people take the time to view them, I still like to do them for important games (and comic relief), so I hope you will too. I personally would like to see more people create videos for important games as I myself would prefer to watch the action as opposed to reading a play-by-play, but I know people have differing opinions on that point. Your articles, however, are beautifully done.

Well a knock out game in the UEFA Europa League fits that description, doesn't it: behold... (in two parts)

7frwMRE.png

• Danimal5981
    jThqHmP.png

TO BE CONTINUED......
  • Chip
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exciting stuff, hopefully you win on penalties
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Great job getting the result you needed to get to penalties, hopefully you can win the shootout.
  • Wyojasond
    Yeah I'll be the first to admit I like the videos, but I rarely watch them. Virtual K has done some good ones and I try to catch up on those when I can but I apologize now for not watching yours. I love the idea of them, it's usually just finding the time to watch them :'(