Ajax [Not active - closed]

Comments

• Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Good to see you see out the 2nd leg and qualify to the next stages, looking at the teams remaining Valencia don't seem too bad I can see you getting through.
  • Danimal5981
    2147 posts Fans' Favourite
    thanks @Ashy we'll see.... but first...

ekq1cAe.png

W37jci0.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Impressive! It was a matter of time, but now it's done. Congratulations!

And good luck with the quarter finals!
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 2017
    [this was a response to a deleted message]
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Fantastic win, I'm liking the graphic you made for the champions presentation!
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Mate, not appreciated... there are other methods to ask for support, not by spamming other people's stories
    You, over there, help me with a thing: I'm trying to find the words to comment your 'champions' graphic but I don't find any. Find them for me, and I won't even thank you!

Joking of course, but there's a true thing in that: I'm almost speechless seeing that image, I love it! :)
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 2017
    twuoGrP.png

HOVEN REJECTS ORANGE CALL, REMAINS AT AJAX

Tuesday, April 3 2018 - Amsterdam.

Now that the title fight is over, Ajax Amsterdam can focus fully on the EURO League quarter finals against Valencia (April 12 and 19) and the Dutch Cup final against FC Twente (April 22). It also gives clearance to Ajax-boss Daniel Hoven to clear up a thing or two. And so, for the first time, Hoven took extensive time for an extensive amount of words spoken.

Titles
    I feel we've grown: we're less affected by mental pressure, exhaustion and fatigue. We've got the title in the bag and still in contention for two other prices. I have a hunger for it, I feel the group has too. But we need to remain focused, as we are most of the seasons. At this level every detail becomes crucial. Miss it and you fall behind. So no time or space for complacency.'

No national team
    'In terms of the national league, there isn't much to improve. Especially the way we got out of the winter break was phenomenal. But it stings that we did not manage to advance in the Champions League. We've all seen that quality-wise we're not much less than the teams that finished ahead of us. And it's something worth going for again: we're champions once more and therefore in the Champions League again. The honour of becoming manager of the Netherlands national team therefore comes too soon; I want to remain 100% focused on Ajax.'

Players leaving?
    'I know that with the current dominance in the league and the way we knocked out Tottenham Hotspur and Benfica, people will start to pay notice to our players. We're not afraid of that, as we have a lot of youth to fill in vacant spots and we've potted lots of money that after eight years, we are willing to spend: either to keep players here, or to get fitting replacements.'

'So far, Amin Younes is the only one that has told me he wishes to move back to Germany if possible. That depends on the bids during the upcoming summer, but we are willing to cooperate.'

'In the press, a big story has been made about Joël Veltman and Leandro Bacuna both being dissatisfied that neither is undisputed number one at the right back position... Let me confirm that; it is the exact reaction I want from all players. No one has their place for granted at Ajax. If you don't like that?... [points to the exit of the room] - out!'

'Heikko Westermann is leaving football. His contribution on the pitch was limited to only 4 games across two seasons, but he was important as Nestor of this group. We will need to find an experienced player, that would fit within Ajax and strike a chord with the youngsters.'

Different Strategy
    'Depending on mutations in the squad, I might consider a different strategy with two strikers and more defensive security. In European games, our attacking style was deemed daring and attractive, but you don't win points or cups with it, do you? So, there might be a slightly more realistic approach to the game. Again, it depends what happens to the squad.

'Cruijff Plan'
    'I feel I have an integral part to play in fulfilling the 'Cruijff Plan' (which emphasizes the road to success via the Academy, not the sole purchase of players). Dutch youth players Max van der Meer (goal), Ruben Vos (right back) and Jayden de Groot (left back) will be promoted immediately and during summer Fausto Correa (winger) turns 16 and will be eligible to play. We have high expectations of our young Spanish rascal.'

'So, I'm not yet done at Ajax. In fact, I'll never be. I do not feel the urge to leave the nest yet. I like England and Germany as football countries and see myself working there one day. I honestly doubt if I'd fit in Southern-Europe. But right now, I'm very pleased to remain at Ajax and remain on our current road to success.'
    L8S4NcN.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Danimal5981
    HFLXuHy.png
  • Danimal5981
    Sorry guys, need to start anew - I screwed up with a saved game (similar to how I lost Crewe Alexandra, previously). I got to the pre-season period, so let me tell you how it ended...

The quarter final against Valencia ended in a 2-1 at home, but a 1-0 away defeat (Valencia through, Ajax out)
    A couple of days after I lost to Twente 1-0 in the Cup final
    The league, which I had already won, I ended without dropping another point.

I'm going to start over again, but wish to do so in a new thread... thank you for comments & support.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    That hurts! I was enjoying it A LOT.

:(
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Sad to see this end, man... But good luck with your new attempt! Hopefully you'll be even more successful than you were with this.