AUGUST 2016
    Click to enlarge

eIR6TzR.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Very nice club! Good luck!
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck. Nice graphics as always. Not a bad start so far :)
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Very nice graphics there... That defeat against PSV shouldn't have happened, but you bounced back immediately and that's all important now, still early stages!
  • Danimal5981
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    Matchday 05

• SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Awesome. I am also doing a Ajax story: Played as member of glorious 1988 Euro winners, now entering management stage of my career. My 18 year old son, a future star himself, is a key member of my squad and the major playmaker

[I created a player exactly like my character from my player character playthrough, and lock on to him during games, giving the same experience as player career, with the added joy of managing the team on and off the pitch]
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Really like the graphics setup. Shame about losing the other story, but good luck with this one.
  • ale85bg
    edited February 2017
    Awesome. I am also doing a Ajax story: Played as member of glorious 1988 Euro winners, now entering management stage of my career. My 18 year old son, a future star himself, is a key member of my squad and the major playmaker
    You should start a thread here then! Just sayin'... :D

Anyway, back to the main topic... @Wyojasond who will you be supporting between Ajax and Celta Vigo? :joy:

• Danieldo
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good Luck! Really like your team choice.

Do you play sinkgraven as midfielder or as leftback

#WZAWZDB
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    #WZAWZDB Left Wing Back, if left back I think of using Mitchel Dijks.
    It's quite like real life, Dijks defends/tackles easier, Sinkgraven plays easier when in possession.

In general, these talented youngsters with loads of potential play easy, but physically they come short. I'm a bit further up in the Career and they simply lack strength and endurance in European games.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!
  • Danimal5981
    Europa League, groupstage game 01

uxaPUGT.png

iTGbfbl.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Eredivisie, Matchday 06 (of 34)

"European blues..."

Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • ale85bg
    Poor Vigo!
    On a different note... That short pass with the GK... :scream:
    Bad match against Groningen: the sending off, the goal conceded that late... Hopefully you could turn things around in the next match though!
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Eredivisie, Matchday 07 (of 34)

pLv3z5S.png
  • ale85bg
    Wow, massive win there. 1st place isn't far... Keep it up!
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Europa League, Groupstage game 02

SEeUOfU.png

3cNHLZI.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Eredivisie, Matchday 08 (of 34)

Thanks to an away loss of PSV at Heracles (2:0), it was Ajax that managed to close in after a hard fought win in Alkmaar at AZ.

Hoven decided to keep his 4-3-3 intact, though it would now play with two central midfielders and one as shadow striker (Klaassen). Hakim Ziyech, normally left attacking midfielder, was now transformed into the right winger, while Kasper Dolberg was declared fit to play. Goalkeeper Tim Krul injured himself during warm-up and was replaced by André Onana.

Ajax controlled much of the soaking wet game, with captain Davy Klaassen being alert after a shot from Dolberg bounced off the woodwork. Alireza Jakhanbakhsh quickly balanced the score before halftime, but Lasse Schöne made the all important winner, halfway during the second half which also saw the return of Jairo Riedewald (injured) and Nick Viergever (suspended) as substitutes.

Standings

1. Feyenoord, 20 pts (+12)
    2. PSV, 19 pts (+8)
    3. Ajax, 17 pts (+12)
  • Danimal5981
    Eredivisie, Matchday 09 (of 34)

In its new version of 4-3-3 (with the midfield 'pointed forward'...), new manager Danny Hoven has managed to find a system where the qualities of skipper Davy Klaassen present themselves, without making the other stand-out player Hakim Ziyech any more anonymous. With Feyenoord dropping points, next week's CLASSIC against the Rotterdam might very well be for the leading position in the Eredivisie!...

FC Utrecht tried to put up a good fight, but was completely outplayed by the Amsterdam home team in the second half. Davy Klaassen managed to score twice in a match which saw the comeback of Tim Krul and Nick Viergever in the starting line-up, while Mitchell Dijks retained his left back position, as Daley Sinkgraven is still present on the midfield, while Ziyech occupies his position as "inverted" right winger.

Standings
    1. PSV, 22 pts (+10)
    2. Feyenoord, 21 pts (+12)
    3. Ajax, 20 pts (+14)

TFuKgSU.png
  • Danimal5981
    Europa League, Groupstage game 03

BS60uuc.png
  • ale85bg
    You almost closed the gap with PSV... Well done! :)
    Now it's time to push on that throttle and to overtake the opposition, we know you can do it!
  • Danimal5981
    Eredivisie, matchday 10

2ic7Uls.png

mSdMgmc.png
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Just catching up. Crushed poor ol Vigo :'(
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 2017
    Eredivisie, Matchday 11

With the important home game against Celta (which could seal advance for Ajax to next year's knock out stages of the Europa League) and the treacherous visit to rivals ADO Den Haag immediately afterwards (where the locals hate Ajax possibly more than in Rotterdam), Ajax-boss Danny Hoven opted for an altered line-up, giving rest to some of the key players.

The result was that what should've been a walk-over against bottom team Sparta Rotterdam, turned out to be a rather exciting game. The talented youngsters of Ajax did get into trouble, against the limited but strong-willed fighting spirit of Sparta. Demotivating was Davy Klaassen's injury as the skipper was due to come in as substitute for the worn-out talent Abdelhak Nouri. Klaassen is probably sidelined for an entire month, missing out on key European fixtures.

Fortunately for Ajax, the manager dared to bring in 17-year old daredevil winger Justin Kluivert, son of legendary striker Patrick Kluivert. His first touch on the ball saw the youngster slide the ball into the net and decide the game: 1-0 (picture below). A narrow escape for the Eredivisie-leaders at home....

Standings
    1. Ajax, 11 played; 26 points (+16)
    2. PSV, 11 played; 26 points (+11)
    3. Feyenoord, 11 played; 24 points (+12)

zW7nfMv.png
  • ale85bg
    Given the altered lineup, it's still a very good result. Keep it up! :)
  • Danimal5981
    Thanks everyone!
  • Danimal5981
    Europa League, Groupstage game 04

by77xp7.png

7N6NS53.png