Something very strange has happened tonight

S P 4 C E Y
2538 posts Fans' Favourite
I've been struggling with delay all year. The difference between offline and online has been staggering. Dribbling has been near impossible.

I bought TOTY Iniesta thinking it was the players I had. Nope, he was truly awful.

Had a friend come round last week, and he couldn't believe how slow my menus were. He'd never experienced anything like it.

Tonight I changed my camera angle from COOP to a Tele Broadcast custom setup (stole it from a YouTuber).

Suddenly I'm playing like it's FIFA 16 again. Players dribble, and pass/shoot on command. Absolutely ZERO delay. I genuinely had to do a double take that I hadn't started a single player match.

Is it just coincidental tonight or does this game have issues with a camera angle that shows too much of the pitch? (that's the only possible theory I have). Wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar.

Comments

• yogi
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am interested in testing that Tele Broadcast custom setup, so I can go all mythbuster on this.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    yogi wrote: »
    I am interested in testing that Tele Broadcast custom setup, so I can go all mythbuster on this.

I might obviously be talking complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

I've changed from COOP to Tele Broadcast:

Height: 17
    Zoom: 2
  • yogi wrote: »

I might obviously be talking complete ****.

I've changed from COOP to Tele Broadcast:

Height: 17
    Zoom: 2

Using 20 and 0 since god knows how long, probably Fifa 12 or so, and never changed :D
  • DarthGrowler
    17074 posts World Class
    I'm back using tele broadcast. The coop becomes too difficult to concentrate on as you're trying to manage everything hing everywhere
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    I've been using Co-Op for the past 4-500 games, haven't noticed any extreme lag with it compared to any other camera angle though. The game itself is just laggy as hell for me regardless lol
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Something is defenetly wrong for me. It takes about 15 secs to add a squad fitness after I press the button... Getting DC'd from games and won't even let me start the game at times..
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah the menus are a nightmare.

Took me 3 hours to do the Zlatan SBC tonight as each menu, selection, appliance was taking ages. Had to do a chem glitch as well, and just loading the game up takes ages now.
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    Idk how FIFA get away with releasing a game every year with this amount of lag .
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    Idk how FIFA get away with releasing a game every year with this amount of lag .

Pathetic really
  • S P 4 C E Y
    Painter753 wrote: »
    I've been using Co-Op for the past 4-500 games, haven't noticed any extreme lag with it compared to any other camera angle though. The game itself is just laggy as hell for me regardless lol

I used COOP all last season and for 300 games this year. There's was one helluva difference when I changed last night.

I'll report back if it's still successful.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Yh I've used tele for years, was virtually unplayable this year everything is sluggish. Now I used tele broadcast now and its a lot better, I think I've mentions something like this in the past. I just think when the games zoomed out it can't handle it for some reason, probably more to process
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    Had lots of anger at servers last night.
    I don't mind the game being a bit tricky, that is life with online stuff, but when you get 3 out of 5 games that are affected so badly that you cant pass, challenge or shoot, the game becomes pointless against great and good players.
    Lost 3 games I would win with a smoother game experience.
    That is ridiculous given pressure with 'needing' to win those games in all online competitions.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    I changed to this, not sure what was going on, won my first 8-0, second 5-1, then reality happened and I started losing again.

It seems like if I have a good win or two, I'll get hammered for a while after, at the moment my pattern is win two, lose five.

And it's not through playing badly either, most games I'll have more shots inside the box, their keeper will save everything I chuck at them, and my keeper couldn't catch a hippo with a 30 foot satellite dish.

It's getting frustrating now, everything from every tackle bouncing straight back to the player I tackled, or his team mate, to hitting the post, bar or wide every shot, to see the keeper never catching the ball, only parrying, every time I kick the ball out from GK they're heading straight back at me, to being tackled perfectly before I even recieve the ball, and being swarmed by a hive of players if I have the ball for more than a 20th of a second.

It's getting old now, I try to enjoy it, and you have to have some really rosy tinted glasses to think there is anything but this in the game.

And lastly, why on Earth, if they wanted to sell packs, and encourage people to aspire to High rated teams, would they programme the game in such a way that you can get absolutely cunted by a Musa team? It doesn't make any sense that you can build an elite team, and get blown away by a teamworth less than your striker ear!
  • Shaanxz
    23459 posts Club Captain
    Its the new engine that's causing the delay
  • RadioShaq
    19136 posts Moderator
    I think 2k had a problem when 2 players online had a different camera angle it would cause lag. They had to force one camera angle for all of online that year.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Its the new engine that's causing the delay

Delay only exists for me on COOP camera. It doesn't on my custom setup.