Are the pricefixed Ligue1 Silvers EVER gonna go down in price?

Phil
1016 posts Professional
edited January 2017
It's impossible to do the Lacazette SBC if you don't have a big budget, and even then it wouldn't be lucrative.
I was hoping now there's a better Lacazette availabe the L1 prices will go down but it didn't happen.

I've completed 15/20 so i really want to finish it.
Do you think their prices will go down within the next month or so?

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    90248 posts Moderator
    They go up because the price of the 87 If is more, for 300k you're getting a great card anyway.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I feel your pain. I am done with 18 of the 20 teams and need four guys from Toulouse and 3 guys from ASNL... so it would still cost me 100k+ to just get those seven players if they even exist.
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    @Phil

I spent £30 on fifa points just to buy as many silver packs as I could.
    I have completed all League SBCs and have 1100 players of decent value in the club, with 6 decent teams to play with. I also own 95% of Calcio A League.
    Only ASNL and Toulouse were really expensive.
    Also, get in all about those bronze packs if you can.
    40,000 coins will buy you 100 of them and if you upgrade the junk you cant sell or use for match ups, you will get some really nice silvers in return.
    It is doable, but you will have to spend 15k - 20k on 3 or 4 players most likely.
    SBC Laca is outstanding though.
    In my opinion, Fifa 17 is worth £200 for the season, I am well below that spend at the moment.
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    not sure if i want to spend that without even having the guarantee of finishing it
    i will most probably wait a few weeks or even a month or two.
    mabye some players will get a gold card after the upgrades and hopefully some prices will have gone down a bit by then.
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    They go up because the price of the 87 If is more, for 300k you're getting a great card anyway.

but surely another Laca IF would make them cheaper? because his 87 would go down then as well.
  • WFCBagnall
    90248 posts Moderator
    Phil wrote: »

but surely another Laca IF would make them cheaper? because his 87 would go down then as well.

But then a 88/89 Laca would be 8/900k and when people see that one is more expensive they'll go for the 87.

Just look at Nainggolan's first If.
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    i would have never started it if i knew how hard it would be and that some player would be so expensive.
    but now i completed 15 teams i wouldn't feel confortable giving up
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6622 posts Big Money Move
    i would have never started it if i knew how hard it would be and that some player would be so expensive.
    but now i completed 15 teams i wouldn't feel confortable giving up

It's because it's the most desirable card out of all the league sbcs, supply and demand and all that
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6622 posts Big Money Move
    I wouldn't particularly say they are price fixed either most of the really expensive ones are virtually extinct
  • Reus
    23561 posts Club Captain

After all the packs and stuff it probably costs 150k so it's a bargain really

Will probably do it if I don't pull a top striker between now and monthlies
  • YouWantUsFC
    @Phil

I've given you the solution :)

I got 2200 fifa points for £14.39. This bought me 44 silver packs, which was probably around 150 silver players.
    Now, granted that most of the silvers were useless in terms of sbcs and resale, I packed LOADS of useful ones anyway, and sold a lot of stuff I didn't need.
    Plus you are not just getting players, you get fitness, heals, kits, stadiums, etc that you can sell.

Even if you didn't do that, bronze packs defo work for sbcs if you buy enough of them and go the upgrade route, you will get silvers you can use.

I've done them all and done very well with sbcs and match ups all year.

If you really want Laca, you will need to do something like what I did or somehow magic up the best part of 500k - 1m coins?

Good luck - you only have 5 teams to go !
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    @YouWantUsFC thanks for your help mate. for now i will open some bronze packs and trade them. if i still struggle to get players i guess i won't get around buying some fifa points anyway
  • YouWantUsFC
    @Phil

I cannot stand how the game has allowed people to buy low and sell for ugly prices, especially for League SBCs.
    They should be hard, but not unobtainable.
    With the SBCs you either have to be prepared in advance, or feel the cost burn after they come out.
    I have been sat with most of Calcio A for a long time now for example. That is money sitting that could probably buy me a cheap legend or enough packs to bag a good IF if I did them right, but I decided to write that off as hopeful, because if they do drop Calcio A, it will make my club incredible.

• YouWantUsFC
    edited January 2017
    @Phil & @D3ATHSQUAD -
    I just did 10 bronze upgrades with players currently out of season until at least next weekend.
    In one of the packs, I packed Burkina Faso and Toulouse CB - Yago.
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    i also did a few. got 3 or 4 valueable players but none that i need for my SBC.. and they are unsellable :(
  • Izzy2K17
    13475 posts Has That Special Something
    Give it a few months
  • YouWantUsFC
    i also did a few. got 3 or 4 valueable players but none that i need for my SBC.. and they are unsellable :(

can always be upgraded
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional

can always be upgraded

i know. for 3 non rare untradeable gold players tho...
  • C o b r a
    625 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not that expensive guys, has more phy than sif and 2less drbbling, but cost far less, like 330k then u get back 30k for completing it; also u get alot of packs, really worth the price imho
  • YouWantUsFC

can always be upgraded

i know. for 3 non rare untradeable gold players tho...

which can also be upgraded or used for sbcs
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Also, personally I haven't and I won't spend money on FIFA bar buying the game itself but it also means that you get the +1 loyalty so it's easier to complete the SBCs sometimes. I had a team where I used 3 lms and a rm to save :smiley:
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It isn't price fixing.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    It isn't price fixing.

Yes it is.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure why EA increased the price ranges for these. I did it a few months ago and although they weren't always on the market, they popped up every 5 mins so I wouldn't class them as extinct. The problem is no one opens silver packs and any cards that do appear are effectively discarded into the SBC meaning the supply is limited.

I do think there is some price fixing on certain silvers but that's why it makes more sense to have kept the original ranges at 10k max.

I'm guessing the price range increase is part of an automated system they have in place.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It isn't price fixing.

Yes it is.

It's supply and demand.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Not sure why EA increased the price ranges for these. I did it a few months ago and although they weren't always on the market, they popped up every 5 mins so I wouldn't class them as extinct. The problem is no one opens silver packs and any cards that do appear are effectively discarded into the SBC meaning the supply is limited.

I do think there is some price fixing on certain silvers but that's why it makes more sense to have kept the original ranges at 10k max.

I'm guessing the price range increase is part of an automated system they have in place.
    I'd kind of argue that the issue isn't that silver packs aren't opened because there's plenty of silver packs from SBC but more that those that open them generally are tempted to keep them and save money in the long run. I mean, I've only had 1 Toulouse player of the 3 expensive teams and I sold him because I'll probably never do the French league due to cost and effort lol
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    It isn't price fixing.

Yes it is.

It's supply and demand.

Yawn. It's price fixing.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

I'd kind of argue that the issue isn't that silver packs aren't opened because there's plenty of silver packs from SBC but more that those that open them generally are tempted to keep them and save money in the long run. I mean, I've only had 1 Toulouse player of the 3 expensive teams and I sold him because I'll probably never do the French league due to cost and effort lol

You might be right. I remember the best time for doing them was beginning of December when they released a load of Silver special packs in the store. It was just raining silvers on the market.

Only other option you have is the bronze pack method then bronze upgrade sbc's to get those 2 silver player packs.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It isn't price fixing.

Yes it is.

It's supply and demand.

Yawn. It's price fixing.

You being wrong is quite tiring. I agree.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    It isn't price fixing.

Yes it is.

It's supply and demand.

Yawn. It's price fixing.

You being wrong is quite tiring. I agree.

It's price fixing. People have been doing it since FIFA 09. You're boring as I see you post the same horse muck under everyone's post regarding price fixing.