Are they ever gonna fix the **** defending mechanics?

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
Whether or not your defenders intercept a pass is completely random game to game. If you go in for a manual tackle half the time the ball just pops back to your opponent. If I do a skill move against my opponent and turn him the wrong way around his player can just 180 and make the easy tackle. Defenders are just too damn fast. Your opponent can make mistake after mistake missing tackles and everyone is so damn fast they'll all just run back and catch up to you. They put out an update to reduce the ability of AI defenders but I haven't noticed much difference. People still just run around with their midfielders while their defensive line maintains perfect shape, marking runs and intercepting. There must be something I'm doing wrong or the game is trash.

Comments

• Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whether or not your defenders intercept a pass is completely random game to game. If you go in for a manual tackle half the time the ball just pops back to your opponent. If I do a skill move against my opponent and turn him the wrong way around his player can just 180 and make the easy tackle. Defenders are just too damn fast. Your opponent can make mistake after mistake missing tackles and everyone is so damn fast they'll all just run back and catch up to you. They put out an update to reduce the ability of AI defenders but I haven't noticed much difference. People still just run around with their midfielders while their defensive line maintains perfect shape, marking runs and intercepting. There must be something I'm doing wrong or the game is trash.

I don't agree with the game being trash but I do think it's far too easy to be effective at defending in this game but that's always been the way with fifa.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    All of that and I somehow forgot the fact that spamming the hell out of the tackle button over and over and over is actually an effective way to make a tackle. That is extremely stupid. I don't even wanna talk about the fouls in this game.
  • FaFiFa
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2017
    The way the fouls are working or actually not working is ridiculous.I am being pushed inside the penalty box causing the striker to loose the balance while taking the shot and no penalties given.i guess they are inspired by the referee at Manchester city game last weekend
  • Kamilflage
    4895 posts National Call-Up
    Man since the patch people who are trying to auto defend on me are suffering large defeats :D
    The manual defending is kinda weird at times, but this game is all about keeping your shape. Majority of goals I concede are simply because I screw up or my opponent out plays me. But there are the dumb EAids goals from time to time. Just kinda used to the faulty mechanics I guess lol.
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's those goddamn sliding tackles that hit you like cruise missiles, you can't do anything about it, and you guy is just left wrecked on the floor. I would love to meet the design team who implemented tackling and fouling in this game, as they clearly have never been to a real game - or it's designed by Tony Pullis...

zf36zJ8.gif
  • Yeezus112
    1146 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    It's those goddamn sliding tackles that hit you like cruise missiles, you can't do anything about it, and you guy is just left wrecked on the floor. I would love to meet the design team who implemented tackling and fouling in this game, as they clearly have never been to a real game - or it's designed by Tony Pullis...

This made me giggle