The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

How to beat a fullback...

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
I like to play a slow build up style of play with lots of passes forwards and backwards and rarely do any skill moves.. My preferred formation is 4231(2) and just recently I've noticed that I create plenty of opportunities where my wide men are 1v1 against the opponents fullback...
Usually I'd pass the ball or look for some kind of 1-2 to try and beat the fullback but I know if I had a skill move up my sleeve I could probably have a much better attack going...

So, when faced one against one with a fullback, what is the best skill move to get past him?... And what * skill is required for that move?

Comments

• itzjames
    89 posts Park Captain
    berba spin, 4* skill moves. flick the right stick forward then the direction you want to go
  • El-Zimi
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    4* skill moves needed.
    Flick the right stick forward (the same direction as the left stick) and then backward ( the opposite direction to the left stick ) while pressing R1 and then a berba spin:
    itzjames wrote: »
    berba spin, 4* skill moves. flick the right stick forward then the direction you want to go
    That's a very good combo that almost guarantee you to pass the player.
  • RoosterBlue
    1328 posts Professional
    Ball roll
  • Baznotsobad76
    But a Berba-spin would just make me cut inside yeah?

I'm looking more for a way of passing the fullback to continue down the wing.... Any effective skill that is useful for that?
  • balErik
    946 posts Professional
    maybe try this :)
  • Ishibum
    13666 posts Has That Special Something
    Ball roll for me. Also, stopping dead and then just going in same direction throws people off as they think you're cutting inside
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Try changing to 433 (4) this new patch makes fullbacks bomb forward the key is fast driven passes to the top so the fullback has no time to get forward then u don't have to take on the fullbacks.
  • ShadowzAssociate
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Ishibum how do you stop dead in this game? I think its something simple but not sure how its done
  • Ishibum
    13666 posts Has That Special Something
    @Ishibum how do you stop dead in this game? I think its something simple but not sure how its done

Let go of left stick and tap L2 once quickly
  • Baznotsobad76
    Ishibum wrote: »

I did not know that!.... I use the fake shot to stop dead...
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Skill move? What's a skill move?
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »

I alternate spamming r2 and l2. My players then go on strike because I can't make up my mind. Sprint Stop Sprint Stop Sprint GFY!!!!
  • raz5229
    1098 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Skill move? What's a skill move?

Glad you asked this question @Baznotsobad76 cus I'm in the same boat as you know :D