FIFA 18 Career Mode Wishlist

Ideas for FIFA 18 Career Mode

- Give regens/ youth prospects proper faces (run a campaign asking for fan's to send selfies in and use their faces, fans would be included in the game which would be cool)
- Take real life crowd footage and base in game crowds on this (creates a diverse range of faces)
- Chinese Super League
- Add an authentic championship stadium if a team who already have a stadium get promoted (e.g. If Newcastle go up, create another championship ground, eventually leading to most stadiums being in the game with 3 new grounds every year)
- Stadium packs (create authentic stadiums throughout the year and give players chances to buy them in the store as league specific expansion packs e.g. Championship, Ligue 1, Calcio A etc)
- Online career mode
- Sponsors (as used in previous FIFA games)
- Custom Kits (option to change after each season)
- Sleeve Badge/ font changes after promotion/relegation/cup wins (stars added on for WC/UCL wins)
- PES-like presentations of signings, managers etc
- UEFA licensing
- clearer team specific chants
- stop opposition fans celebrating conceding
- cinematic detailed press conferences
- animated touchline behaviour involving managers, 4th official etc, with the option to react and potentially get sent to the stands.

Feel free to add to the thread, hopefully EA do look at this forum.

Comments

• I just really want to be able to have stadium upgrades. Start with a league 2 side that only gets like 5k fans to a game. Then upgrade the stadium to get 20k-80k. The catch is, the bigger the stadium the more costly it will be. So you need to develop a larger fan base by winning some bigger trophies.
  • I never bought fifa 17, because of the poor career mode hoping this time round fifa will listen to their fan's for fifa 18, I'm hoping for stadium upgrades and kit upgrades/unlocks if you play with a lower division side and earn promotion to the premier league, common sense should prevail and you then unlock that divisions kit, it's so stupid playing in the premier division with a league 2 kit on, this is just a game at the end of the day, we should be able to have these features.
  • Parth12008
    525 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is all about the rights, They bought rights of the kits from teams/competitions and i don't think they can allow us to change kits as it will have problem with sponsors and all
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    edited March 31
    Guys all you listed would be very interesting and great, but I agree with @Parth12008 about rights and licenses. Kits, bages, stadiums, head coaches, and etc. Hardly it would be implementing.
  • Most of the lower leagues stadiums have custom stadiums, so there should be a possibility to upgrade.

My wishes for FIfa 18 career mode:

Manager career mode:
    -More possibilities to gear up ones financial abilities, for example with loans or keep the money you earn after the season.
    -Possibility to choose who, where and when to play against in friendly matches in the pre season.
    -More frequent offers from clubs. If I play in league two and win the league, the FA cup, the EPL cup. Then I should get offers from higher league clubs.
    -Easier possibility to switch teams. There should be a possibility after each season to have a choice, remain at the club or switch to another. But the choice should also be realistic, for example if I am Mansfield Town and I have had an s*** season (but I can remain at the club) I should not have the possibility to choice Manchester United. But if I am Manchester United, I should have the possibility to choice Mansfield Town I season two or go to China etc.
    -More stats about ones performance from each season.
    -Reports about the upcoming opponent.
    -Animations between games like the ones in "the journey" or like in PES 17, animations when new signings happens, manager of the month etc. The same goes for player career mode. Otherwise it just feels like a waste of time.
    -Pay for the rights of Champions League. At least get all of the Champions leagues and euro league club in the game.
    -Now I am from the CM/FM generations, so I enjoy selecting a team, choosing the tactics and watching it unfold in the game. There should be a possibility to go into a match without selecting sides and just watch from the sideline and adjust the tactics during the game.
    -Parent and feeder clubs.
    -Possible to train all players, but maybe only have one training session with each player.
    -Reserve or youth tournaments.
    -Maybe there could be the recap of the seasons highlight after the season ends. Maybe to see the most important goals of the season again.
    -Equal between achievement and reputation, if I win the FIFA World Cup with a nation I want to see that it matters somehow in the game, otherwise it is just a waste of time.
    -There need to be a lot more training exercises.
    -The opportunity to play against a friend in career mode.

Player career mode:
    -It is ridiculous that I don't get a lot of offers from other clubs, when for example I play with Connor Chaplin from Portsmouth and scores 30+ goals before January, then I should get offers from bigger clubs. Why most I request a transfer to make that happen.
    -It should be possible to negotiate one’s own contract.
    -Stats about club records, so you know who to beat.
  • airpreezy
    720 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 3
    So much Great ideas around here but ea ignores us year by year .. what really bothers me is the fact that if you buy a star player, there's no event like in PES... so when I bought aubameyang in PES with atletico there's a player presentation video ... and why not give him is number there instead . .. we need more news .. f.e. Everton buys a very good prospect like pulisic he already made his cl debut with hit former club Dortmund...

And of course more starheads, kits bring back staff and American Asian African cl and world club cup
    Post edited by airpreezy on
  • Morcus
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Careers longer than 15 years. Preferably infinite.

Why let me build a team then force me to retire at the end? Wasted potential.
  • airpreezy
    edited April 3
    MichaelDK wrote: »
    Most of the lower leagues stadiums have custom stadiums, so there should be a possibility to upgrade.

My wishes for FIfa 18 career mode:

Manager career mode:
    -More possibilities to gear up ones financial abilities, for example with loans or keep the money you earn after the season.
    -Possibility to choose who, where and when to play against in friendly matches in the pre season.
    -More frequent offers from clubs. If I play in league two and win the league, the FA cup, the EPL cup. Then I should get offers from higher league clubs.
    -Easier possibility to switch teams. There should be a possibility after each season to have a choice, remain at the club or switch to another. But the choice should also be realistic, for example if I am Mansfield Town and I have had an s*** season (but I can remain at the club) I should not have the possibility to choice Manchester United. But if I am Manchester United, I should have the possibility to choice Mansfield Town I season two or go to China etc.
    -More stats about ones performance from each season.
    -Reports about the upcoming opponent.
    -Animations between games like the ones in "the journey" or like in PES 17, animations when new signings happens, manager of the month etc. The same goes for player career mode. Otherwise it just feels like a waste of time.
    -Pay for the rights of Champions League. At least get all of the Champions leagues and euro league club in the game.
    -Now I am from the CM/FM generations, so I enjoy selecting a team, choosing the tactics and watching it unfold in the game. There should be a possibility to go into a match without selecting sides and just watch from the sideline and adjust the tactics during the game.
    -Parent and feeder clubs.
    -Possible to train all players, but maybe only have one training session with each player.
    -Reserve or youth tournaments.
    -Maybe there could be the recap of the seasons highlight after the season ends. Maybe to see the most important goals of the season again.
    -Equal between achievement and reputation, if I win the FIFA World Cup with a nation I want to see that it matters somehow in the game, otherwise it is just a waste of time.
    -There need to be a lot more training exercises.
    -The opportunity to play against a friend in career mode.

Player career mode:
    -It is ridiculous that I don't get a lot of offers from other clubs, when for example I play with Connor Chaplin from Portsmouth and scores 30+ goals before January, then I should get offers from bigger clubs. Why most I request a transfer to make that happen.
    -It should be possible to negotiate one’s own contract.
    -Stats about club records, so you know who to beat.

perfect! couldn´t said it better!
    they only have to do exactly what you said and Career mode will be awesome @Rob please take note of this
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    airpreezy wrote: »
    So much Great ideas around here but ea ignores us year by year .. what really bothers me is the fact that if you buy a star player, there's no event like in PES... so when I bought aubameyang in PES with atletico there's a player presentation video ... and why not give him is number there instead . .. we need more news .. f.e. Everton buys a very good prospect like pulisic he already made his cl debut with hit former club Dortmund...

I just wonder. If that is in PES already why do you ask it for FIFA? :))) Whereas you know that EA ignores us constantly.
  • airpreezy
    edited April 3

I just wonder. If that is in PES already why do you ask it for FIFA? :))) Whereas you know that EA ignores us constantly.

because i like the FIFA Gameplay more (most of it), i´ve always played FIFA and FIFA Manager so i hope they do something

and if Konami can do it why not EA?
    So you mean, if something is better on another game we all should buy and play the other game? makes no sense :D there will always be things where PES or FIFA is better at but i think we all agree that the Manager Career mode has to be improved, overhauled!
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    Morcus wrote: »

All players become older and get retired. That's why there is a restriction in 15 seasons.
  • Career mode needs a lof tweaking. EA, please make it more realisitc, especially for transfers.

Tried to purchase Max Meyer from Schalke, but Schalke came back saying "we have put a price tag of x amount". I too should be able to do that if any team approaches me for my players.

I should be able to set a specific transfer price for my players. I believe this is something like a buy out clause.

TRAINING
    Why only 5 players can train at 1 time? it's not realistic that only 5 players train. In reality all players have to undergo training, not just 5 players.

TRANSFERS
    When I want to purchase a player, I am able to offer one of my players in player + cash transaction

BUT IF SOME TEAM IS TRYING TO PURCHASE MY PLAYER, I SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION OF ASKING THAT TEAM FOR ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS AS PLAYER + CASH TRANSACTION.

WHY IS THIS OPTION AVAILABLE ONLY 1 WAY AND NOT 2 WAYS????

Bayern wanted to purchase Mata, No problems, but the amount they were willing to pay DOES NOT justify the amount I will have to dish out to purchase one of their players. If I increase my asking price, Bayern just revert back saying "sorry we don't feel he is worth that much". It's unfair.

SPONSORSHIPS
    PLEASE BRING BACK SPONSORSHIPS AND PLEASE MAKE IT REALISTIC

PLAYER MANAGER COMMUNICATION
    SOMETIMES WE RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM PLAYERS ASKING "GAFFER PLEASE PLAY ME IN THIS MATCH", So I want to reply saying "U R NOT FULLY FIT" OR "I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU CHANCE TO PLAY, I HAVE TO ROTATE THE SQUAD"

EA, I know you can incorporate all these additions, it's not difficult for you. Please make career mode more enjoyable to play. Not everybody wants to only play online.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional

because i like the FIFA Gameplay more (most of it), i´ve always played FIFA and FIFA Manager so i hope they do something

So you mean, if something is better on another game we all should buy and play the other game? makes no sense :D there will always be things where PES or FIFA is better at but i think we all agree that the Manager Career mode has to be improved, overhauled!

Okay, clear.
    I just haven't meant something. As I have mentioned, I just wonder to know people's opinions.
    By myself I always played and loved FIFA. I never looked at PES early. But this year I thought about to change my mind to considering PES as an alternative. I'm trying it already. And I have already composed some thoughts and upshots.
    Fully agree with your last sentence. We are players and all we want is a game that satisfies our demandings as full as possible.
  • airpreezy

Okay, clear.
    I just haven't meant something. As I have mentioned, I just wonder to know people's opinions.
    By myself I always played and loved FIFA. I never looked at PES early. But this year I thought about to change my mind to considering PES as an alternative. I'm trying it already. And I have already composed some thoughts and upshots.
    Fully agree with your last sentence. We are players and all we want is a game that satisfies our demandings as full as possible.

yeah, agree 100%
    PES is awesome this year, but thats because master league is fun.
    But i still want FIFA to be that great cause i loved FIFA
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    But i still want FIFA to be that great cause i loved FIFA

Me too. But currently I've lost any hope. Also I don't want anymore to pay money for almost nothing. To pay money, to waste time, and to get annoyed. Enough. If they do not overhaul the game I will not buy it.
  • daviec
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Morcus wrote: »

All players become older and get retired. That's why there is a restriction in 15 seasons.

That's not a reason, that's just lazy coding. They already have regens coded into the game, so there's no reason for the 15 year restriction. No other career modes (eg FM, PES) have a 15 year restriction, it's just EA.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    daviec wrote: »

That's not a reason, that's just lazy coding. They already have regens coded into the game, so there's no reason for the 15 year restriction. No other career modes (eg FM, PES) have a 15 year restriction, it's just EA.

I was trying to find justification for them :smile:
  • Hartwell
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I would like to see an Online career mode. Friends all pick a team in a league and use the same pool of players to buy/sell. Gameplay vs AI for teams not selected by players to accumulate points. Then head to head games for the fixtures with both teams selected by players.
    Shouldn't be too hard to do for EA. Think that it is better for groups of friends who regularly play together. Give an alternative to pro clubs which I think is being forgotten/phased out by EA.
  • Mallek
    1 posts Ball Boy
    - Realistic position on a team. You are allways starting the game and never replaced unless you are injuried or request. When you arrive on a team you don´t get to rise on the team and what the coach thinks of you. You should start low, be a sub, or if you are already big, get replaced depending on the game, be spared on none important matches before important ones
    - The coach spectation is stupid, my player is on barcelona and its 9 and 4 goals everytime. And with the FIFA system, if you don't make those you will be left out of the games for a long time. Its stupid, i was lead scorer on champions and premier league, but didnt make the target on 3 chances by a small number and was left out of champions finals and last games, asked for transfer. All players have good or bad days, a real team wont let a key player like CR7 or messi or rooney or anyone out of the game cause they didnt reach a number like 8 or 9.
    - Improved trading. the transfer needs to work a lot better, your manager needs to try to get you a good team, need to improve the offers for your player and teams should send scouts to look for you.
    - The training system is boring and a pain in the **** of how boring it is, you should select what qualities you want to improve, and i will improve over the time, and you could use some points or something to buy a personal trainer for a week or 2, or some special equipment to help you improve, not just play some drills every time. its boring
    - Better championship celebrations. I was champion of la liga and didn't see the animation of it. It was like it never happened
    - Player number. OMFG. That ridiculous, you should pick the numbers available on the team, not just pick the number you want. Its like some nobody, or any other players comes to Real Madrid and gets the number 7 from Cristiano Ronaldo.
    - Player presentation on the clubs when you arrive.
    - Player award ceremony. If a player is selected player of the season, best scorer, or even player of the year. Where is the award ceremony? it makes all so lame. cause it's just there on the news. no animation
    - Better news before and after matches, saying more about your team or other teams and about your player.

FIFA needs to improve A LOT on the career mode, make it more realistic, make you feel you are really a soccer player. On that PES is YEARS ahead. I´m playing FIFA because of the licenses, i like to have all leagues to select and transfer, its nice to play the real names. But career mode need a lot of improvements
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    Hope Career Mode will be removed from FIFA 18 at all. Because it's mockery and not a decent competitive and interesting mode as it can (or even must) be.
  • I do not really understand why EA isn't doing more regarding career mode. There are quite a few people out there that do not want to play online and want an extensive football manager and be able to play their own team. The managing and playing could be linked as was done in the past, I would really love to have it returned. I might be alone , but I would not mind paying an amount for an extensive manager addon if there is a financial issue on EA's side preventing them from doing this and I assume I wouldn't be the only one. Mind you this addon should really be a big addition to the fifa game!!

I agree on most points posted in this thread regarding improvements. The major issue I would want to have improved is the scripting of the AI, which essentially makes my players incapable of passing and tackling and shooting normally in games in stead of just having the AI play better. This is a major issue in my eyes that should be addressed.
  • Here are some of my suggestions. Many of these have been said before. Not all of them could be put into Fifa 18 but i would like them to be put in sometime. Sorry for the long post.

Player career mode
    1) Ability to captain national/club team. You can be best player in the world and have been with your club for 10 years but won't ever become captain.
    2) playing in more national team games. For me, i always play in every other national team game. I was a 97 cam with 99 stamina and played in half of the world cup games while every other starter played in every game. It doesn't even matter if you have a great game. You still wont play in all the games.
    3) legend ranks and records. They should add a section where they have club, league, and national team records for caps/goals/assists. If you score your record goal there is a little celebration in game. Maybe start with the top 10 and then have them expand as the game goes on. I know they have done this in other ea games and i have seen stuff like this in other sports games as well.
    4) better stats and player history: i think the stats need an overhaul. The player card also should be improved a lot.
    5) have a contract: You should be able to negotiate length and wage of your contracts, rather than just being stuck with the team and having no impact on the wage you receive. You should also be able to leave on a free.
    6) have the wages matter: add the ability to buy something to either help your player or just random stuff. Maybe make the wage be xp points that can buy traits or be used to raise attributes.
    Have the ability to have more say in transfers: You shouldn't keep getting offers from Bayern and Chelsea if you have rejected them 20 times. You should be able to list some clubs you are interested in.
    7) More actions than just retire, request loan or transfer: You should be able to make suggestions to the manager, like play player X more or try to sign player Y.
    8) Create your own boots: i remember on 2k13 you could design your own shoe for your player to wear. i think that would be a nice feature to add in game.

Manager career mode
    1) Ability to upgrade or build new stadium: its moronic how you can take a league 2 team and build they club value up to a billion but still play in 10k seat stadium. You should be able to upgrade it or build a new one. EA used to have stadium builders in older Maddens. I remember in Madden 10 you could upgrade you stadium, create new uniforms and even relocate a team if you wanted to pull an MK Dons.
    2) Better objectives. I have 4 world class forwards, i shouldn't get a objective to sign a forward to a crucial role. its dumb. If i won the champions cup, i shouldn't get the task to play a newly scouted youth player in half my games.
    3) Improve switching clubs: You should be able to apply for any national jobs and club jobs. If you get accepted could be determined based on your prestige or resume or something. But Its annoying the only clubs i could ever apply for are Arsenal and the Manchester clubs. Maybe i want to manage a new League 2 side, but i can't.
    4) Reserve squad: I've seen this mentioned alot and it should be simple. I know on mlb the show(a baseball game) they let you control your minor league squads.
    5) u23 or u20 national teams: you should be able to control these if you are the manager of a national team. Maybe you could get your start as managing on of these.
    6) Ability to chose the stadium your national team plays in: If you are managing Germany, you should be able to chose to play in Munich some times or maybe play in Hamburg. They could make it where you can only chose the real stadiums, or you could chose generic ones if it is used by a team in that country, like Frankfurt has a generic stadium
    7) Ability to select who you play for the friendlies: If you are managing ivory coast, its annoying playing Cameroon and Egypt every time. You should be able to request friendlies with other teams. In the old ea sports ncaa football games, you could chose your teams schedules, so they could do something similar.
    8) fifa rankings: they should have fifa rankings for the national teams. they could show the ranks of the teams before the matches and it would be a simple thing to add. This could also help with the world cup for the regions that don't have qualification. I was managing the US and didn't get to partake in the world cup even though i could pick the roster. They added canada though even though i had beaten them many times and my team was much better. Ideally they add qualifications to every region but this is a good way until that is done.
    9) more national teams: i would like to see every region except maybe Oceania have qualifications and a regional tournament.
    10) youth scouts for wales: it is dumb how you cant look for youth players there. it makes being their national manager pointless.
    11) better transfer system: i would like to be able to approach a club to see if they want to take a player on loan or buy somebody. It takes forever to get offers from other clubs a lot of times.
    More uses for club funds: I mentioned getting new stadiums, but it would also be nice to be able to upgrade training facilities or locker rooms. This could effect the interest a player has in joining your club.

overall game changes
    1)Better gameplay: it just needs improvement
    2) New stadiums: I like how they add the stadiums of the promoted championship teams, but they still need to add more. Maybe add all the Bundesliga or La Liga stadiums. For the MLS, the Revolution and Galaxy stadiums are used on Madden. How hard would it be for the developers to just go get the data from Madden and put those stadiums in game?
    3) champions Leagues for CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, CAF and AFC. They don't need to be as big as they are irl, but a smaller version is better than nothing.
    4) add more leagues: this would help with point 3 and it would improve the game.
    5) club world cup: it would give non European clubs a chance to prove their worth.
    6) better AI transfers: computer clubs will stock up on 1 position even when that is their strength. Other times the club will have a huge budget but not go out and make big signings.
  • dige28
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Allow edits for game generated youth players' name and appearance. Don't want a 16 year old phenom with a receding hairline and goatee.
  • SACanuckinOz
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Also, National teams need some appropriate stadiums. I found it ridiculous to play against Canada on a filed that looks like a village team field, when Vancouver Place (Whitecaps home stadium) is in the game. Seriously lazy
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    Euphoric77 wrote: »
    I do not really understand why EA isn't doing more regarding career mode. There are quite a few people out there that do not want to play online and want an extensive football manager and be able to play their own team. The managing and playing could be linked as was done in the past, I would really love to have it returned. I might be alone , but I would not mind paying an amount for an extensive manager addon if there is a financial issue on EA's side preventing them from doing this and I assume I wouldn't be the only one. Mind you this addon should really be a big addition to the fifa game!!

I agree on most points posted in this thread regarding improvements. The major issue I would want to have improved is the scripting of the AI, which essentially makes my players incapable of passing and tackling and shooting normally in games in stead of just having the AI play better. This is a major issue in my eyes that should be addressed.

It's a common tendency that offline goes from games at all as it doesn't bring extra money to developers. This is with FIFA too.
  • if they dont fix the bugs i will not buy the game. they are doing the journey so they obviously think they are showing offline some love. i do like the journey - but im sick of the lack of proper contracts and getting left on apprentice wages if i dont want to move, and im sick of never going to international tournaments just qualies and friendlies because they wont fix the bug where you dont get the email to go which means you never get called up to go.

its a new game engine so they cant claim the bug with international tournaments cant be fixed or something. it would be trivial to add code to give players a choice of 1 year rolling (essentially the club have infinite option on you to extend so it works like now) or a fixed year contract. it shouldnt be rocket science to make the club try to match any offers in the last year of the contract, so you dont wind up on stupidly low wages when you are over 90 OA.

and the morale thing would be simple to fix BY LETTING PLAYERS PICK FROM A DROP DOWN LIST. and then you can think about how which option we set for our created pro might show we dont want to leave, or that we dont feel we play enough games, or looking for new challenges - which could trigger clubs coming with offers WITHOUT having to anger your teammates and manager by requesting a transfer.

im not interested in online AT ALL. you wont ever get extra money from me pay 2 win FUT. but usually businesses dont want to drop existing customers even for almost certain suckers to replace them playing FUT and throwing money down that drain. because what if more leave (Stop buying fifa) than are dumb enough to be your cash cows? and after the battlefront debacle where you abandoned it too soon when it could have at least been made offline and worth keeping then went to classes - well you lost any preorder from me with that game. im waiting and seeing what players say, and then i may try it when you have the trial weekends before buying battlefront II - and probably when its on offer

. and i have bought every fifa since at list 2009 but its gotten to the stage with the only mode im interested in -career player - that the bugs are making me think of also holding back from buying fifa 18 on release day.

shadow of war is coming out in october. i may just play that and buy fifa 18 when its cheap. the bugs still being in it are unacceptable now. the rest of the wishlists here for added features for career will be pointless if people stop buying it due to lack of FIXING career mode. and The Journey is fun - but its too scripted to replace career player mode. you need both EA. fire the accountants who run your company and promote a GAMER PLAYER OR DEV to replace them. someone who wants to make good games knowing they will make players happy and ensure profits, not someone who wants to just do enough to increase profits for shareholders only.

• 1. Better more realistic transfer budgets this one has sort of been rectified in 17 but it is still an issue for me in that wage and transfer budgets are too small compared to fees for players and wages and thing that has always really annoyed me is at the end of the season when you have turned a massive profit eg at the end of season with Juventus i had a transfer budget of 312m but in the new season my transfer budget was only 80m where did the other 233m go to i mean either keep the transfer funds the same as they were last season or at least do something with the money such as announce renovation work or be able to use the money else were in the club so they could announce the stadium capacity will increase from 45,000 to 60,000 at a cost of 233m in short you should be able to use the money in other parts of the club to improve the stature of the club.

2. youth teams they should introduce a youth league into fifa so you can better monitor player development so you can see who the best goalscorers are who the best goalkeepers are.

3. some youth players are good enough for the first team this one really annoys me i have had countless youth players rated from 40's to early 60's but i have never had one that is good enough for the first team look at Marcus rashford and harry Kane they took their chance when it was handed to them and they fit into the first team immediately this should happen on fifa not all the time but some youth players should be good enough to start with

4. realistic transfers this one annoys me beyond belief especially when i saw youtube videos of Manchester united being given a 1 rated goalkeeper and in the transfer window they DID NOT sign a better goalkeeper but kept on signing strikers even when they where shipping goals no new goalkeeper arrived. would it kill ea to write some sort of thing into the game where clubs can see where the weak points are and try to rectify them in the transfer window or through the youth system. another way to improve it would be to have more player reject you on the grounds that they dont want to move to you because the calibre of player is not good enough or the club is too small in a similar style to Football manager so like if Forrest green only have players in the 40-55 ratings a 67 rated free agent would reject the move as they feel it would be a step down for them. or the only way to lure them to the club would be to offer more wages and a key role in the squad to make them interested.

5. player development player development should be expanded it is OK but not great at the moment youth players should have growth rates assigned to them such as early bloomer or late development so an early bloomer with a potential of 83 could hit this by 20-23 years old development slows after this where as a late bloomer may take several seasons until they are in their mid to late 20's before the rating reaches their potential this should be reflecting in training with slower and faster development rates depending on what development rate is assigned to them.

6. make your own pre season fixtures or join a tournament short but sweet you should be able to arrange your own friendly's and only be invited to tournaments if your club stature is big so only the likes of barca real Liverpool bayern etc get invited to tournaments gate receipts should help the finances of smaller clubs when arranging friendly's with bigger clubs.

7. tactics should actually mean something this has bugged me for ages in fifa tactics are either non existent or just plain do not matter they should be really important as you know its FOOTBALL a tactical game implement a system where playing a certain style against certain teams can affect the result or how hard or easy it is to break teams down and it should effect results in the simulator

8. more leagues the leagues i would like to see added are the Brazilian leagues the Greek leagues more European ones such as Romanian Croatian Serbian Czech leagues
    further leagues in Germany Spain Italy France and England with England i would like to see leagues down to the conference north and south. this would add so much more depth to the game

9. more hidden gems again short one but you should be able to find gems around the world such as when Leicester found Riyadh mahrez and n'golo kante

10. improve certain aspects of the club your in charge of be able to improve the coaching standard the training facilities for better chance of getting great regens through the youth system and for improving ho the first team perform

11. be able to make board requests make board requests for a new stadium or better coaches or better scouting range this should then take you to the stadium creator

12. more in depth finances you should be able to control more aspects of the finances in a club not only wages and transfer budget so such as gate receipts if high could be put toward better training facilities or better facilities at the stadium to try increase match day profit.

13. every season or two be able to make new kits a kit creator should be introduced to make new kits maybe try and do deals with Adidas Nike umbro New balance or if this is too expensive just keep kit sponsors the same but be able to alter the layout of the kit and the colours. if the sponsors are able to be introduced into the game this could alter the finances of the club so going admiral to Adidas should bring more kit sponsor money into the club or you should be able to negotiate with the sponsor to get the best deal possible for the club.

14. improve contracts currently you can only negotiate wages with a player it should be more in depth and you should be able to add bonuses for wining certain trophies
    or getting a certain amount of goals or clean sheets and this should affect how well a player should do in games.

15. u21's world cup another small feature would be to have an u21's world cup to see who the best up and coming talent are.

16. manager rating system this one has bugged me for ages it was poorly implemented in 17 and could do with being redone certain clubs should only be able to attract a certain calibre of manager so when you start your manager rating is either 10/100 or half a start out of 5 and clubs around the world should be put into brackets of manager quality so a club like Limerick in Ireland would look out for managers in the 0-20/100 range whereas Barcelona should be looking for managers in the 85-100 range. and how well you do as a manager should affect the rating so if you get relegated and fired your rating could go from 35 to 20 and only clubs within that rating will realistically hire you if you do well and go from a 35 to 50 clubs in the 40-50 or 50-60 bracket will try to tempt you to leave and join them.

17. be able to look at other youth teams another small feature would be to look at other teams youth setup and see scout their youth teams to see if they have any talent worth keeping an eye on.

18. build a stadium feature an insanely cool feature would be able to build your own stadium if the board allows you to and have a separate section where you can build it from pre build stands be able to change the seat colours add TV's around the stadium be able to build a small stadium but with expansion capacity if you get promoted.

19. improve the small graphics another small feature would be cool to see that arm patches change from competition to competition so if you get promoted the arm patches change from the championship to premier league and if you get into the champions league they should change to the relevant competition.

20. better celebrations after winning a trophie another small feature would be better celebrations more crowd interaction from the players and manager after winning the champions league you would expect the celebrations to be crazy but they are not and it kind of removes the joy from it to just see the player celebrate in the same way as they have just won the charity shield or league cup

21. longer career mode FM style currently it only lasts 14 years from 16-17 to 29-30 or 30-31 it should be until you choose to retire or reach retirement age so if you start when your manager is 30 and set 70 as retirement age that would mean 40 years or 40 season in management like most real life managers

22. be able to have feeder and parent clubs another small but great feature is to have feeder and parent clubs in game so if your managing limerick you could try to have parent club such as Liverpool or Celtic or chelsea and that would enable you to loan their youth player easily for a small yearly fee.

23. more realistic regens this one has bugged me for ages just wish ea would fix it so that you don't get 5'4" 90 pace rated CB or a 6ft 7 slow as winger their physical stats should represent their position better and you should be able to train youth players to different positions.

24. set training for the whole team i like the training section in fifa but it is a bit OP at the moment i raise a goalkeepers stats in fifa from 57 to 81 in ONE season that is a bit ridiculous 24 points in one season training should be changed so that the entire team can be trained but it should focus less on increasing player stats that should be a by product of training and playing well the main focus of training should be fitness and working on new routines in training or another way to work it is to have training apply temporary boost to player stats while keeping the main focus on fitness and tactics so if certain striker does well in training they could receive a +5 finishing boost for the next match say from an 80 to 85 and having better facilities should determine how big the boost is poor facilities should only apply a 1-2 point boost mediocre 2-3 good 3-4 excellent 4-5 and it should be negative as well so a poor training session would reduce the stats in the same way allowing rotation to be much more prevalent depending on training.

25. be able to move player between u21's and first team so say you sign a youth player to the first team and in his first season he struggles only going up 1 or 2 points you should be able to send them back to the u21's or youth team to try and get his consistency up.

26. better news and press conferences more in depth conferences would be a nice touch such as question from sky sports on transfer rumours or the performance in the last game and have multiple newspapers such as BBC Sky La gazzetta dello sport from Italy and Kicker from Germany reporting stories about players the manager and possible stories and transfers that you should be able to respond to.

27. better scouting a bigger scouting range to all nations and scouting individual competitions would be nice more scouts 6 is just not enough up to 12 or 15 depending on club size would be nice feature to have.

28. having the football manager style polygon image showing how good a player is would be nice next to more in depth stats rather than just an overall would be nice to have as it would mean that tailoring a club to a certain style of play would be easier to do.

29. the simulator either needs to fixed or redone from scratch the simulator is just to random in the results and does not take into consideration the team playing
    the form of the teams playing or tactics all things it should but doesn't thats why you get results like Liverpool beating arsenal at the emirates 2-1 then the same team a week later loosing to league 2 exeter 2-0 and it doesnt matter how many times you re do the sim you just cant seem to beat them. its stupid and should take into consideration multiple features such as the ones mentioned above to give more realistic results.

30.realistic job availability. one thing that has really annoyed me in the past is job availability only ever seems to be a max of 6 jobs available from 2 different leagues and they are totally random not based of how well the team is doing so like Borussia Dortmund job not being available even though they are just above the drop zone but bayern Munich being available even though they are clear at the top it make no sense, also their needs to be wider range of jobs available such as ones in Asia the Americas or all over Europe not just two leagues and also i dont know if it is a bug but after so many seasons there never seems to be a job available at any point, also the fact at the end of the season there are never any jobs available when in real life thats when most sackings or managers leaving happens its too unrealistic.

as you can tell i am quite passionate about football and fifa's career mode i hardly ever play the other game modes i find them too boring.

• Ggggoooopppp
    1021 posts Professional
    @roblfc95 there're good points! But don't expect any of them. They have been mentioned many many times through last 4-5 years. Nothing still has been happened.