The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

When will EA fix the high pressure?

LucasAMC
1152 posts Professional
Ok, they fixed the PTB and it was nice. But when will EA fix the high pressure tactics? Because 90% of FIFA players abuses of it, and their players simple don't get tired. They run and run during all the 90 minutes without got tired. It's is wrong.

Comments

• CtldChaos
    2204 posts Fans' Favourite
    A suggestion: get some of the high stamina players yourself.

PTB w/ custom formations was an over abuse of a game mechanic. High pressure is a valid play style. Also, you can beat high pressure if you are a good possession player, because their players will constantly be leaving space behind them.
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes it's. Valid tactic even players with high stamina should tire eso if u are running about like a headless chicken.

This is y I will always say Fifa 15 pre patched was one of the best Fifa to date. Full manual defending separated th boys from the men and bye know means I was good at defending. But player who tried to high press u were screwed as they couldn't actually defend to save them self and u spanked them.

They really have to work on stamina my god if pes can get it spot on then ea surly can put in place the game react to how u press players if it's full on all the time then players tire out get slower and make more mistakes
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shielding, L2 + R2 dribbling, lobbed passes easily beats the mindless ball chasers.
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    Shielding, L2 + R2 dribbling, lobbed passes easily beats the mindless ball chasers.

Plus quick passing. Dont make the mistake thinking with slow build up play u will counter it...
  • CtldChaos
    Ovo23 wrote: »
    Furrag85 wrote: »

Plus quick passing. Dont make the mistake thinking with slow build up play u will counter it...

OK fair enough. Maybe it is better to say "patient build up play" than slow build up.
  • I love high pressure. So easy to beat
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    I love high pressure. So easy to beat

It's easy to beat when your passes go around his missiles, but when you include team mate contain and 100 aggression it can get tough. I guess that's why wide formations are the best again.
  • adzm123
    799 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RA22Y wrote: »
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    PTB w/ custom formations was an over abuse of a game mechanic. High pressure is a valid play style.

You do realise how ridiculous that sounds, right? A tactic which you exploit is a valid tactic, but one that others may have exploited was abuse.

In reality both are valid tactics, and both are/were massively assisted by the in game AI. It's just that more people want an arcade game than a football game so EA (every year) unbalance the game with patches to suit the kick and rush exploiters.

This
  • CtldChaos
    RA22Y wrote: »
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    PTB w/ custom formations was an over abuse of a game mechanic. High pressure is a valid play style.

You do realise how ridiculous that sounds, right? A tactic which you exploit is a valid tactic, but one that others may have exploited was abuse.

In reality both are valid tactics, and both are/were massively assisted by the in game AI. It's just that more people want an arcade game than a football game so EA (every year) unbalance the game with patches to suit the kick and rush exploiters.

I honestly have no problem with people using the PTB tactic. That was valid, no problem. I would still beat them. I was referring to that in combination with the custom formations that had 11 people in the box, or vice versa, 10 strikers if losing. Check out some of the utterly ridiculous formations people have come up against. And BTW: You can still play PTB/CA style, I have come across many players that do. The trick is now that you must be good to do it very well. You must be able to shift and defend like a mad hatter and when you get that opportunity on the offense you must be brutally clinical, because you might not get another. Before any "professional" level player could do it, now you need to be "World Class"+ to pull it off. What they did was balance that. Now you need to be a "World Class"+ player to effectively play any of the play styles and win with regularity.

If you want to practice it, play single play against the computer on Ultimate, like the TOTW. It is a possession BEAST. Try and defend against that. FYI: Be careful of its crosses, it does not miss, way better than any human on that one.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Denisianes wrote: »
    I love high pressure. So easy to beat

It's easy to beat when your passes go around his missiles, but when you include team mate contain and 100 aggression it can get tough. I guess that's why wide formations are the best again.

Yep 4411 is destroying high pressure space everywhere.
  • TheBigaddbowski
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    I find wide formations and the utilization of width is best to counter high pressure.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    There is just no pleasing some people