Messi best position/formation

Hodgy
420 posts Sunday League Hero
As above, kinda struggling with him as he's pretty static. RF in a 4321 or RW in some kind of 433?

I've tried both but only for a couple of games. Maybe I am possibly forcing it to him or expecting too much. I just can't seem to get him involved. Kluivert as striker with Veron behind.

Comments

• Arron xox
    2980 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    I'm using him at left striker he's fantastic there
  • Hodgy
    I'm one of those guys who can't play a guy out of position :D

It screws with my chem OCD :|
  • Ecr8on
    1445 posts Professional
    If you can't play him out of position I would say rw in a false 9
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Start as RF in 4321. Switch to any formation with a CCAM and move him there.
  • I've just used for the first time on 17.
    RF then switch to CAM in game.
    Absolute class in both position can dribble out of most situations like I've not seen other players do
  • fifa_peru
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anywhere... except defense, he's unstoppable
  • AlexSolm
    8205 posts League Winner
    RF or RF and move to CAM
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I loved him at CF in a false 9

It's 7 chem. it'll be fine!
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    False 9, CAM,RF 4321, or RW in a false 9. He's amazing anywhere honestly.
  • Hodgy
    Ok I might try him at RW in a false 9, and maybe swap him to CF in game. With that in mind, who would you start at CF? Currently got Kluivert, not sure he's suited to that role, he's certainly not suited to being swapped to RW if I do the in game swap.
  • Wolver
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    For me, his best position is at right ST on a 2 st formation where the other striker has a High attacking mentality (H/H, H/M or H/L)
  • Ecr8on
    1445 posts Professional
    Hodgy wrote: »
    Ok I might try him at RW in a false 9, and maybe swap him to CF in game. With that in mind, who would you start at CF? Currently got Kluivert, not sure he's suited to that role, he's certainly not suited to being swapped to RW if I do the in game swap.

If you're going to do a swap then Griezmann is the perfect in game move imo. Not really any legend cf's that would fit the bill for a rw in game. I would try Kluivert first and if you like Messi at rw, keep him, or if you have the extra coins go for Berg. If not you can always go the Griezmann route
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    CF ST CAM RF .

Take your pick.