Starter pack idea! EA read

C o b r a
625 posts An Exciting Prospect
So after almost everybody complain about packs weights, including myself, iv got an idea to bring ea some more cash while providing players some decent cards to use:
On xbox. Starter pack
Cost: 29 euro
Contents: 1 random legend (untradeable), 3 random ifs from totw, totg or whatever (untrad.)

Idea mutuated from Hearthstone, what u think about??

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    98213 posts Moderator
    30 quid for a De Boer and three 81 If's. Na thanks.
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Better then 4000fps , at least for me
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    £200 and you have their attention
  • McRaven
    8551 posts League Winner
    C o b r a wrote: »
    So after almost everybody complain about packs weights, including myself, iv got an idea to bring ea some more cash while providing players some decent cards to use:
    On xbox. Starter pack
    Cost: 29 euro
    Contents: 1 random legend (untradeable), 3 random ifs from totw, totg or whatever (untrad.)

Idea mutuated from Hearthstone, what u think about??

Wouldn't put a legend in there, but a starter pack idea sounds fine if it's a one-off. EA probably won't do it though unless they can milk it.
  • C o b r a
    Peter wrote: »

Lol 200 bucks for some random card in a videogame that gonna be worthless in 6 months lol
  • Ulook92
    23295 posts Club Captain
    I'd at least expect them to be tradeable. Especially if it's a one off. Don't fancy being stuck with an untradeable Bierhoff.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35965 posts World Cup Winner
    Yeah even on Madden, unless things have changed, you buy bundles and some of these bundles have a "Topper" that's guaranteed an Elite or TOTW or Legend, etc depending on the type of bundle. The one with the guaranteed legend iirc was in the upwards of $89.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I'd at least expect them to be tradeable. Especially if it's a one off. Don't fancy being stuck with an untradeable Bierhoff.

They'd never give a starter pack with a guaranteed tradable legend, mate.
  • DarthGrowler
    17129 posts World Class

Lol 200 bucks for some random card in a videogame that gonna be worthless in 6 months lol

You really are this forums little ray of sun shine. (My phone wanted to write "little rat of sunshine", maybe I should have left it?)
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    They kinda did that with the Pre-Order packs. 2 Jumbo Prem Gold packs & 2 TOTW loaners pack each week. I think I got 2 rounds of those packs before the game fully launched. Plus, you get some starter packs too.
  • Ulook92
    23295 posts Club Captain
    Ulook92 wrote: »

They'd never give a starter pack with a guaranteed tradable legend, mate.

In the words of Theo Paphetis;

And for that reason. I'm out.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    I'd buy it, but change the packs a bit.
    I'd go:

£24.99 - 1 time only deal available to everyone titled 'FUT Starter Deal'

2 Jumbo Rare Players Packs Tradeable - 100k pack - 24 Rare Players
    2 Mega Packs Tradeable- 35k pack - 30 items, 18 rare
    2 Jumbo Premium Gold Packs - 15k pack - 24 items, 7 rare

Everyone would buy that when they first get on Fut, right? Equates to what would usually be about 5000FP for a bit cheaper than just buying 5000FP.

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Hearthstone has something similar for beginners which guarantees a legendary card

Something like that could work for Fifa
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    They do promo starter/upgrade packs. They are AWFUL!
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I don't want to play a legend every game. I know for a fact, tons of people would buy it.
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    they def will and should make totw packs soon (for sale, points or coins)
  • Hibee
    12590 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    They do promo starter/upgrade packs. They are AWFUL!

I remember using one of those back when i started on ut11. Think it was silver. From memory, all contents were non rare at a cost of 30k for the pack.

I wised up quickly in my first few weeks of playing.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35965 posts World Cup Winner
    I don't think any starter pack should include anything more than like a 20 loan legend. Maybe a guaranteed 86+ overall player or something, couple rare goals and some non rates.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Guaranteed TOTW packs would be good, or bring back the SBC for it. Anyone know why it stopped?
  • CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year
    Id pay £30 for De Boer
  • BiigDee wrote: »
    Guaranteed TOTW packs would be good, or bring back the SBC for it. Anyone know why it stopped?

They normally do it with big promotions, TOTY, Movember, Scream Cards, etc.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Yeah because no one spends that in hunt of a legend
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Lmao, for 29 euros

Over 100 would be more realistic
  • Danic123
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    I wonder what people would pay for a starter legend and a TOTW card once a week?

I think the issue with pack weights and good things like this, it just makes all the cards more expensive. I wonder if we'd be any better off.

TOTY Ronaldo is the best card in the game. I'd sell him if I got him in a pack because of what else I could get for it. Same goes for Pele. If I was richer because of better pack luck, I'd want to keep them. Same goes for everyone else. So there'd be limited star cards. So price would go up even higher, just make to me consider selling them.

It's a fine line people.......
  • C o b r a

You really are this forums little ray of sun shine. (My phone wanted to write "little rat of sunshine", maybe I should have left it?)

Not my problem if u spent thousand for some cards on fifa mate, not evrybody is so unskilled or so dumb to dump thousands in a game that last 6 month sry
  • C o b r a
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Lmao, for 29 euros

Would be called starter pack for a reason.. also all untradeable.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Lmao, for 29 euros

Would be called starter pack for a reason.. also all untradeable.

Would ruin the game, horrible idea

There are thousands and thousands of people who spend more than 29 euros on the game.

yeah, let's have thousands and thousands of people who will get a legend on day one.

No
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah even on Madden, unless things have changed, you buy bundles and some of these bundles have a "Topper" that's guaranteed an Elite or TOTW or Legend, etc depending on the type of bundle. The one with the guaranteed legend iirc was in the upwards of $89.

I've been saying this for years that FIFA should do this.

But why would they? People already spend stupid $ on virtual cards expecting a toty/legend but would be lucky to get David Silva or Fabregas.
  • WFCBagnall wrote: »

Ummm I would take this in a heartbeat...spent well over $30 and have barely gotten much more than that