Volley achievement broken too?

10th4r
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Does anyone know what it takes for FIFA 17 to register a goal as a volley in the "Goals From Volleys" achievement counter, and related counters? Sometimes it does. Other times the ball can be passed in the air to your player who shoots while it's still in the air, it crosses the goal line still in the air, and it may even hit the back of the net still having not touched the ground since the pass was initiated...but it doesn't increment the Goals From Volleys achievement counter.

Comments

• 10th4r
    So the second match I play after I posted that comment I scored one that the game decided to count as a volley. (Should have posted that comment weeks ago!) This one hit the ground before crossing the goal line, so crossing the goal line on the full isn't a requirement.
  • 10th4r
    Two matches later I have another goal that the game called a volley, and the mystery deepens even further. A cross came in from the wing, a team mate headed it on the full onto the post, it came back out, bounced on the ground and my player lifted his foot to waist height to tap it in with the side of the foot.

So apparently it can be called a volley if it hits the ground between pass and strike. Go figure!

And I really should have posted my question a lot earlier! This player had only scored 2 official volleys in the first 180 matches, and has doubled that total in the last 4.
  • 10th4r
    This is really astonishing. The very next game and my player now has his 5th official goal from a volley (and he missed one more opportunity). I wonder whether it is all coincidence, or whether some trigger gets fired in the game when some conditions are met making them much more likely to occur.