Observations

wizardoffire
930 posts Professional
I dunno what I can do about some of these things, but maybe some are down to me. Anyways since the patch Ive played a few games but the same things keep cropping up.

1) Passing, I swear I cant complete a simple pass to my player who is open just a few metres away. Instead it goes somewhere in the vicinity of him but more often or not it goes straight to the other team leading to an easy counter, which leads me onto

2) Defending, I always try to track back with my midfielders so that my defence keeps a line but for whatever reason, all the goals Ive conceded have been because one of my defenders is out of place and not because of the second player being brought in. They just seem to break cover and leave a gap for a simple through ball. I have player instructions on my defence to stay back but might as well forget that

3) Player switching, I use L1 but repeatedly having to tap multiple times to even try and get the right player

I think that about covers it, having no issues scoring just being outscored

Anyways thanks in advance for the advice

Comments

• sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    The nerfed auto defending. Need to control your backline more often now. And with passing, I noticed it was bad for me to post patch. But I have gotten used to it/better with it and it doesn't bother me now, had similar issues you did, I just slowed my play way down. And try using the right stick (?) or which ever one to player switch.
  • CAVALLOIBZ
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2017
    Ea did again a great job... every single time they put hands on for fixing a problem , they ruin the game more then it actually is.. passage is broke, keeper are ridiculous and now back to the future, welcome in FIFA zig zag fest, pace abuser and pin ball game mode ... now your defender play into the opponent area although you stick them all on the back... we want only to enjoy our game, not feeling frustrated every time there s an update!!!
  • itzjames
    89 posts Park Captain
    I agree with your third point a lot, it's annoying
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    sounders3 wrote: »
    The merged auto defending. Need to control your backline more often now. And with passing, I noticed it was bad for me to post patch. But I have gotten used to it/better with it and it doesn't bother me now, had similar issues you did, I just slowed my play way down. And try using the right stick (?) or which ever one to player switch.

Was that something that just came to you the more you played or did you adjust anything for defending?

When you say you slowed play down, did you just take more time on the ball before making a pass?
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    sounders3 wrote: »
    The merged auto defending. Need to control your backline more often now. And with passing, I noticed it was bad for me to post patch. But I have gotten used to it/better with it and it doesn't bother me now, had similar issues you did, I just slowed my play way down. And try using the right stick (?) or which ever one to player switch.

Was that something that just came to you the more you played or did you adjust anything for defending?

When you say you slowed play down, did you just take more time on the ball before making a pass?

Meant to say nerfed auto defending. But I had previously defended with my backline myself and not always with a midfielder so it was easier to transition, but only controlling a midfielder now isn't nearly as effective.

But yes for passing I would take a second maybe dribbling back and get space and once I pressed pass I wouldn't move the analog stick until the pass was halfway there. I think sometimes I would go to fast and due to some input lag I would pass one direction, but thinking ahead, would move my analog stick in preparation of receiving the ball and the pass would go to the middle of nowhere.
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    @sounders3 the advice really helped, managed to finally make it to the final of fut champions, just gutted I couldnt get over the final hurdle

still struggling on player switching, the majority of the goals ive conceded where due to the wrong player getting selected and then getting pulled out of position >.<