The YOLO through ball is back, apparently

nope123
1369 posts Professional
edited January 2017
Literally every game I play in d1 is just spamming nonstop lob through balls from deep now. This is so much fun. Feels like FIFA 15. Time for a new game.

Comments

• Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game play has gotten much worse imo. Won all 6 games I played tonight, wasn't enjoyable really.
  • Menloh
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up right know. Removing ai defending is a good thing but my defenders are going full ❤️❤️❤️❤️ every game and player switching is making me want to destroy my controller.

Its only pace pace pace right know. Great job ea
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    PTB doesn't work anymore so people started again with high pressure, that's why through ball is back again.

Stop with high pressure abuse and through ball won't be as effective.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    It's funny when people want to stop playing and blame the game when their cheap tactic doesn't work anymore or people find out how to counter it.
  • Dizz
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If youre getting through balled just change your custom tactics.
  • Would help if u could actually play the game it's broke amazing patch tech not lost a game since patch but can't play due to player rage quiting and I get the lose lol
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dizz wrote: »
    If youre getting through balled just change your custom tactics.

Try just default tactics (w/ Cover). I went from struggling through to finals to be **** by Musa to storming the tournament with rage quits in every game just by switching OFF CT'S.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Don't ptb, don't play high pressure. Y'all must have low ELO if you're not playing ppl that know how to abuse this nonstop
  • Packerbacker16
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    maksi wrote: »
    It's funny when people want to stop playing and blame the game when their cheap tactic doesn't work anymore or people find out how to counter it.

• edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Agreed, the full backs positioning is woeful and they don't track the runners anymore, just like FIFA 14/15. I'm happy that EA completely killed the counter attack tactic as defending was too easy but all they've done is create another problem.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is what I despise about modern FIFA it's gone to the pits the community is disgusting
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Use CBs with high marking stat instead of Bailly and it wont be a problem? I use puyol in my main team in champs and havent been lbyed successfully yet since patch and he has 66 pace. All about the marking stat for defenders post patch.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    Rinoa wrote: »
    Use CBs with high marking stat instead of Bailly and it wont be a problem? I use puyol in my main team in champs and havent been lbyed successfully yet since patch and he has 66 pace. All about the marking stat for defenders post patch.
    My CB's are IF Manolas and Legend Blanc. Next.

• Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero

Very interesting cheers
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    nope123 wrote: »

If you are in futchamps and losing to LBYs with blanc and IF manolas then you don't deserve to be in futchamps. You need to manually track runs and manually use strength shove from CB as the lby goes over the top. If you are not selecting the cbs to track run /shove attacker manually then you are exatcly the type of player this patch was designed to target.
  • Phildeleg
    1166 posts Professional
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    don't play high pressure

don't play ptb

play in between, you won't get through balled, be patient, create normal chances, don't be a disgusting pig

game feels good atm, loving how i feel rewarded for defending manually and clearing a chance, then at the other hand he fails to do the same because he couldn't read me, how it should be

• nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    nope123 wrote: »

If you are in futchamps and losing to LBYs with blanc and IF manolas then you don't deserve to be in futchamps. You need to manually track runs and manually use strength shove from CB as the lby goes over the top. If you are not selecting the cbs to track run /shove attacker manually then you are exatcly the type of player this patch was designed to target.

Don't have time for FUT champs on weekends but I win D1 regularly. Can't manually track a run from a player way offscreen on a 40 yard YOLO thru ball to a player my whole defense pretends doesn't exist. Next.
  • TheQuest
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Spurs1123 wrote: »
    Game play has gotten much worse imo. Won all 6 games I played tonight, wasn't enjoyable really.

Lol I guess you miss the PTB low pressure 1-0 grinds then.
  • Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheQuest wrote: »

Not really. I miss my defenders staying in position when I have possession. Like i said it wasn't enjoyable before. I feel more random S*** happens after the patch. It's too easy to score after the patch. My last game I won 6-2. To many high pressure abusers after patch. Might as well play fut 15 at this point lol.
  • TheQuest
    Are you seriously complaining about winning 6-2?
  • Lobbed through balls are easy to defend, you have to manually drag your defender in the way...get used to it, this is how it should be.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2017

Yes, 6-2 means he wasn't good that's why he conceded 6. I'd be pissed if someone bad scored 2 past me
  • Spurs1123 wrote: »

Not really. I miss my defenders staying in position when I have possession. Like i said it wasn't enjoyable before. I feel more random S*** happens after the patch. It's too easy to score after the patch. My last game I won 6-2. To many high pressure abusers after patch. Might as well play fut 15 at this point lol.

Learn to play against high pressure, those that play high pressure leave a lot of gaps that can be easily exploited.
  • TheQuest
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

Yes when you concede 2 goals to a ****

Dumbest thing anyone's ever written on this forum.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something

You read my thoughts
  • TheQuest

You read my thoughts

That doesn't make as much sense as you were hoping I think. But nice try.

Go cry some more about losing 6-2 and 7-3 in a football video game.

1st world problems
  • Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    don't play high pressure

don't play ptb

play in between, you won't get through balled, be patient, create normal chances, don't be a disgusting pig

game feels good atm, loving how i feel rewarded for defending manually and clearing a chance, then at the other hand he fails to do the same because he couldn't read me, how it should be

This x100. Thank you good Sir for putting this into words :)

Theres nothing easier than defending (or attacking) people with extreme CTs being a one-trick pony. Even with Bonucci , Silva i seldom suffer from throughballs at 50 pressure and balanced. Of course some get through, but thats life.
  • Slip
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    maksi wrote: »
    PTB doesn't work anymore so people started again with high pressure, that's why through ball is back again.

Stop with high pressure abuse and through ball won't be as effective.

BS it's to do with a forced defensive high line and awful defender positioning, I never used PTB before but I preferred the game before the update (oh and player switching)
  • Robmu22
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Take your finger off sprint and stop spamming high pressure.

Choose good dedenders and dont juat look at the 'pace' attribute ans you will be fine