3 & 5 atb formations need updating.

ConductorConte
1245 posts Professional
With the current 3 atb revolution in the Prem, I've started to take using 3 atb in Fifa a bit more seriously. Although there seems to be some fundamental flaws in both, which stop them being as useable as they should be.
  • Firstly, the three centerbacks seem to have no concept of where to others are. In attack, they are far too close together, and offer no support in attacking play. In defence they are regularly too far apart and attackers find it very easy to get in between the centerbacks.
  • LWB & LM's, these are fundamentally the same position. In defence, they are LB's and in attack they are LM's. There starting position should be decided by how attacking or defensive the team is playing. Also, why do LWB's only get 7 Chem at LM? Likewise LM's at LWB, both should get 10 Chem with full links.
  • My last point, is that there is one very important formation that's been left out from the current ones available, and that's 352 (2) with 1 CDM, 2 CM's & 2 ST's (or 1 CF & 1 ST). The formation that was perfect for Pirlo and would be amazing for Verratti.

Anyone else feel the same?

PS, if you think 3 atb is sweaty. You need to learn more about football.

Comments

• EisenErmin
    5772 posts Big Money Move
    With the current 3 atb revolution in the Prem, I've started to take using 3 atb in Fifa a bit more seriously. Although there seems to be some fundamental flaws in both, which stop them being as useable as they should be.
    • Firstly, the three centerbacks seem to have no concept of where to others are. In attack, they are far too close together, and offer no support in attacking play. In defence they are regularly too far apart and attackers find it very easy to get in between the centerbacks.
    • LWB & LM's, these are fundamentally the same position. In defence, they are LB's and in attack they are LM's. There starting position should be decided by how attacking or defensive the team is playing. Also, why do LWB's only get 7 Chem at LM? Likewise LM's at LWB, both should get 10 Chem with full links.
    • My last point, is that there is one very important formation that's been left out from the current ones available, and that's 352 (2) with 1 CDM, 2 CM's & 2 ST's (or 1 CF & 1 ST). The formation that was perfect for Pirlo and would be amazing for Verratti.

Good points there. I am working on a 3412 right now. Antonio IF who is a RWB ingame is a beast at RM and has perfect stats for that position. Him getting only 7 chem really makes no sense.
  • tribefaninnc
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Been playing Bundesliga 3412 for a while now. Mostly agree with the points. I don't really notice any problems with the CBs though. But I'm also very vigilant about not letting the CBs cover the wings, even if I have to run a CM over there.
  • EisenErmin
    5772 posts Big Money Move
    Been playing Bundesliga 3412 for a while now. Mostly agree with the points. I don't really notice any problems with the CBs though. But I'm also very vigilant about not letting the CBs cover the wings, even if I have to run a CM over there.

Could you share your custom tactics and instructions please?
  • Tubpac
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would love the 3/5 to get those updates. Ive been trying out 532 and just didnt get on with it myself. I am a CFC fan through and love what Conte has done. So would be nice to see some improvements in the game to those formations.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something

I used 3-5-2 for months and found it really good, I'm just having a break from it right now to try a few other ideas.

I made sure I used defenders with M/H or L/H work rates wherever possible to make sure they stayed more-or-less in position. I did occasionally have a problem where the wide one wondered out and left a big gap though. Personally I didn't want them to support my attack, I'd rather all three just stayed back.

• LWB & LM's, these are fundamentally the same position. In defence, they are LB's and in attack they are LM's. There starting position should be decided by how attacking or defensive the team is playing.
    I found this actually worked perfectly in my teams. They would attack when I was on 'attacking', and when I went to 'defensive' they would track back a lot. That was one of the positives of the formation.

• Also, why do LWB's only get 7 Chem at LM? Likewise LM's at LWB, both should get 10 Chem with full links.
    I disagree with this. Players shouldn't get full chem in the wrong positions. If you chuck on FutHead/FutBin/FutWiz for the chem boosts at 7 chem, you'll see they still get a considerable boost anyway, so it's not a problem to use someone on 7 chemistry if you want to.

I suppose a new formation like that couldn't hurt, I probably wouldn't use it though. You'd probably have to call that a 5-1-2-2 or 5-1-2-1-1 with wing backs rather than wide midfielders, or it'd be a bit open.
  • ckriley
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i was using 3-4-1-2 just changed to 3-4-2-1 seems to work a little bit better getting more space with attacking players.

Won div 2 for the first time yesterday 7 wins 3 losses. my defeats i got smashed though
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used to love 352 since FUT 11 Except the year when it was seriously OP I think it was 13. But this year with all the Matrials, Sterlings... It just leaves you way too exposed . Although everyone is using cut inside which jams the wingers between the cdm's and cb's. With the new patch it is worth trying, when they fix the glitch of course, haven't played a game in 3 days.
  • ConductorConte
    1245 posts Professional
    @Orikoru I appreciate your response. I've been playing with a few of the formations at lot more in the last few days. I've chosen my CB's a bit more wisely and now I can see why they do some of the things they do, although they do still leave me utterly bemused at times, but that's probably down to the game and not the formations.

My point's on the WB's I stand by completely, as WB's and L & RM's have exactly the same functions when playing with 3 CB's but in the 5 & 3 atb formations they play very differently, and the differences in their play should be defined by the defensive or attacking settings and not the formation.

An example of what I mean, would be how the WB's starting position is a few meters behind the opponents wide man and take a while to move, despite being on Ultra Attk' and setting them to always overlap. But in the 3 atb formation their starting point is level, which means they can beat the man when running in behind even when your on a defensive setting.

Regarding chem, the difference in real life between LM & LWB is the same as CM & CDM, yet in the game CM's can get 10 chem at CDM. That's my argument for it anyway, it's not like having a wide man in central or a CDM at CB.

And as for the other formation, I was playing with it on online seasons as Juve. It was honestly the most well rounded formation I've ever used. Always 2 up to, always 2 wide men, always a distributor sitting in mid and two CM's who can make runs through the middle.