4-3-3 (4)

Anyone else having issues with this formation? It's been my go to for years on fifa but this is my first UT, and I find in some games against weaker players it destroys them, but play against someone half decent and it seems as if the build up is so slow and easy to predict? Any advice would me much appreciated?

Comments

• DeanoZoff
    4738 posts National Call-Up
    Used this formation for all of FIFA 15 and most of FIFA 16. Started with it on 17, stopped using it after about 5 games, felt horrific and so open.

Might give it a try since we have had about 4 patches since then.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Your reasoning is why I don't use it.

Against anyone average you walk all over them but tougher opponents you get beat.
  • EuroE92
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used to always used 4-3-3(4) also and this year it feels different. My wingers would always we way to far out wide even with the Cut Inside instructions. and my mid field was way to spread out.

I started using 4-3-2-1 and noticed better results. It can tend to clog your attack since your opponents back 4 are closer together instead of being spread out but its puts my players in better positioning.
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    It's critical to get the right players in the 433(4), not necessarily the highest rating players.
  • savinopiXBOX
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    i stopped to using it because my team concede very a lot. Now i use the 4-3-1-2
  • Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    It's critical to get the right players in the 433(4), not necessarily the highest rating players.

Can you expand? I think the midfield is key and I currently have IF N'zonzi, kante and SBC laca as the CAM
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    Just started using this formation using my serie A squad after getting frustrated with 4-3-2-1.going well so far only lost once in last 6 or 7 games, was on a 10 match losing streak up to then
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    If you like 433(4) but find it too open try 4231, wide or narrow. The true 2 CDM set is nice and doesn't leave you as exposed. You can start in whatever formation gets you full chem and switch in game. I will switch to 4231 narrow in game from time to time. Wide enough to open up the wings, narrow enough in the middle to not get ripped apart.

I start in 4321, so I have 2 forwards/wings and I moved them to the outside CAM spots. ST at ST obviously. I'll move Pogba to CCAM or make a sub.

If you go 4231 wide just set your outside mids on stay forward, cut inside, get into box. Makes them make runs inside. You can do lovely switches to them against players who use narrow formations. Just have to be looking across the field.
  • Andybelfast
    10978 posts Has That Special Something
    Always use it have done since the first month
  • wef0undl0ve
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a good formation but getting the cm's right is key, usually a h/h and a m/m m/h combo works best for me
  • Izzy2K17
    12030 posts Has That Special Something
    It's still the best formation for me :o
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Uppedcart wrote: »
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

Can you expand? I think the midfield is key and I currently have IF N'zonzi, kante and SBC laca as the CAM
    It's a good formation but getting the cm's right is key, usually a h/h and a m/m m/h combo works best for me

It's about getting the right CM's as mentioned earlier. I think Kante and N'zonzi are a good defensive platform which is hugely important. I don't know how their passing is though, or Lacazettes. For the formation to work for me, I need that strong CM pairing, but I also need a very good passer at CAM, and strong passers on both wings. My game is based almost entirely on passing though, mainly because I can't dribble for toffee. I'm not skilled enough to beat the man of the dribble, so I need to pass around them, or else I'm screwed.

Currently I'm using Petit and IF Naingollan at CM, (perfect destroyers who can create too), with TOTGS Mertens, Nedved and one version or another of Salah on the wings. I have been using Hagi at CAM, (previously used Deco),but I've just sold him with a view to picking up Del Piero or Best.

Most of the year I've needed to have a ST with high attacking WR, but I've recently had a fair bit of success with Icardi. I've come to realise it's more the high positioning rating that's important for my game style. (Hence why Thomas Muller has been my most effective ST this year)

Hope that helps