Patch feedback (4th Title Update)

maXmood
2013 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 2017
First and foremost, i believe EA/FIFA should have a thread or a page where you can provide feedback after a title update/patch.. because ppl will come here and create unlimited number of threads and things just get lost in time if they're not tracked.. so, this has to be centralized.

now onto the feedback and it's only concerning 2 major things, because everything to do with gameplay is adaptable.

1-How removing the badge and club name affected us (at least our region)?
The different ISPs we have in the region uses different technologies to get their users on-net.. The issue is, some of the neighboring countries uses technologies that gives you high download/upload speed with high latency.. so on FIFA they will show green latency, but the game lags, jitters, etc.. We, gamers in my country, try to avoid matching up with those type of connections.

So, how do we avoid those connections or gamers with laggy connections that shows "fake" green latency? well, we rely on latency bar pattern, badge and club name (i could provide more details about that if it's required). those are 3 things that are linked and shows you who you're playing against. However, what we've noticed on FUT Champs connections, is when you're matched with someone that has "fake green", which showed red for a while, amber and then goes green gradually, once you quit and do a search again and you're matched with the same person, that latency bar will immediately show green and will not go through the same pattern earlier. So, this will look like a legit/good connection to play with, but apparently not, because it's the same crappy connection.

We acknowledged an FUT message regarding the Champs saying they have provided servers to our region. Well maybe they did, but it seems like those servers (being it physical or cloud-based), reside in those countries high latency... this really aggravates most of the players, Xbox and PS, because it would seems like we're handicapped almost all the time.

2-Latency bar, new connection pattern?
We always try and understand how the bars work because it helps us identify fake greens, but then, with the new bars extending to 5 (from 3 original), we can't seem to find a pattern.. we thought this should be more accurate, which i totally understand, but apparently not. 4 bars showing green feels almost as amber (2 bars pre-patch).

in Divisions, we suffer from being matched with neighboring countries that has high latency connections. We rarely have a good game because only the few that would have a stable low latency connection.. everyone almost stopped playing divisions because of this, they all turned up to Champs, which had the same issues in the beginning, but then later introduced the regional servers that should have fixed our match-making, but we benefited the least.

the very minor issue, after the patch, i'm unable to see team of the week page (on the console). it just shows blank as if it's an empty squad.

I really hope someone from EA reads this, or the message gets over to someone who can consider this..
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• RadioShaq
    16051 posts Moderator
    You can still see the badge and team name at the second ready up and back out.
  • maXmood
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You can still see the badge and team name at the second ready up and back out.

yea, well, we started doing that, but that just takes more time now to be matched with a proper connection lad.
  • EASPORTS, what did you do? In FUT, when a user is defending, the players don't sprint! They run "walking". And when you don't control them, they really sprint! I already broke my gamepad because this stupid bug...
  • Muzza11
    10917 posts Has That Special Something
    what is up with everyone's clown avatars?
  • maXmood
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    what is up with everyone's clown avatars?

@Muzza11 that's actually me in a charity day.. :)
  • Andybelfast
    10978 posts Has That Special Something
    The keepers are awful now.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Auto pass definitely isn't fix, gotten it twice tonight
  • krakos000
    17658 posts World Class

High pressure is better than ever too. Players move like damn superheroes to the ball.
  • Andybelfast
    krakos000 wrote: »

High pressure is better than ever too. Players move like damn superheroes to the ball.

Yeah mate every player was running around like they had a heavy coke sesh
  • krakos000
    17658 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »

Yeah mate every player was running around like they had a heavy coke sesh

Yep I had a guy with Barça Vidal at cb and he had 7/8 tackles-__- all slides cause that's all the guy did the whole game
  • The patch has made the game fun again for me. The negativity pre patch was overwhelming. Much rather have the more arcadey style we have now.

What it really come down though is if you are more or less successful following a new patch. That's where everyone's agenda stems from.
  • Jmaineo
    816 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's now a slide tackling fest.
  • Andybelfast
    Jmaineo wrote: »

• McRaven
    5893 posts Big Money Move

I've noticed this as well. Slide tackles don't get fouled as much as they used to imo.
  • Sercs
    19180 posts World Class

I'm quite enjoying this slight change from an attacking stand point, if as soon as you get the ball you shield the ball.. they just go right through the back of you :joy:
  • Vrokin FC
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    What's with goalies letting in little dinky shot balls??! Over and over again they softly tap the ball in while my GK acts like he got shot by a damn sniper as the ball rolls slowly by his feet! Good job ea!!!
  • Jmaineo
    Sercs wrote: »

I'm quite enjoying this slight change from an attacking stand point, if as soon as you get the ball you shield the ball.. they just go right through the back of you :joy:

In most cases they just lunge a two footed challenge that sends you sky high while the refs waves play on :cry:

• Jmaineo
    McRaven wrote: »

I've noticed this as well. Slide tackles don't get fouled as much as they used to imo.

Exactly
  • crackers07
    1111 posts Professional
    The patch is worse on so ma ny levels. I played plenty games with average paced attackers now every game is pure pace and spammed long balls its grim.