Just as I got good.. update has ruined me.

DobbyDooDah
5682 posts Big Money Move
I can't defend. Seems I was an auto defender even though most of the time I would face a winger 1v1 but I would always try to drop the CDM on a central attacker running at me.

Now any through ball sees my opponent one on one and I suddenly can't tackle or intercept with Kante even when I've read the play. I can never seem to switch to the correct defender and Ferdinand can't stay with anyone for pace if they do get onto him.

Attacking wise I'm fine but in midfield and defence I've been ripped in Div 1 tonight, before patch I had 2 undefeated season in a row.

I tried tonight changing from low pressure to medium/high pressure. Going attacking. Playing possession. High aggression. Playing on defensive. Counter attack (awful).

My defence will not stay compact at all whether I control them or not, one through ball or LB + Y, if switching doesn't get me the right player they're 1v1.

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain
    From the 3 games ive played it has felt so good. New patch suits me personally. Very happy.
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game just feels laggy as hell for me
  • DobbyDooDah
    5682 posts Big Money Move

That too tbf. Lots of screen lag.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's fantastic - I'm loving it - my skill level is paying off
  • Tekkerz
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe u need to change formation to maybe to 2 cdms.
  • krakos000
    14822 posts Has That Special Something

That too tbf. Lots of screen lag.

I've never gotten this much lag before. It's stupid
  • hoban95
    44242 posts International Superstar
    edited January 2017

Yep, straight off this.

Back to WWE where i can enjoy myself.
  • Tietherope
    7091 posts Big Money Move
    My games aren't laggy but I've had 3 "your connection has been lost from your opponent" in a row.

Once before kick off. Once a minute after kick off. And now at 68 mins into the match. What a waste of my time.
  • Wolver
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    git gud.

nah, I feel you brah...

I only played 2 games (one of them a quali semi final) and it seems it didn't affect my playstyle.

But, FIFA 16 patches all **** me up.

Everytime it would take a lot of games to get used to the new patch, a lot of frustration and broken controllers, once I was mildly used, they would apply another patch and then the same problems...

I hope it goes different for you and it doesnt take so long to get used to it.
  • mjustic
    1295 posts Professional
    edited January 2017
    From the 3 games ive played it has felt so good. New patch suits me personally. Very happy.

I can say that as well. I've played 10, won 7, drew 2 and lost 1.

I've defended manually since the beginning so I'm in no trouble now + I can feel lots of space when attacking now, it's great. I won't say too much before the weekend league though, that will be the real test. I've finished 8 weekends in a row now in Gold 1, maybe there is a little hope for Elite now.
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    So is it now impossible to chase back and win the ball with your CDM/CM like before? Took me forever to learn that BS and stop using my defenders...
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain
    mjustic wrote: »

I can say that as well. I've played 10, won 7, drew 2 and lost 1.

I've defended manually since the beginning so I'm in no trouble now + I can feel lots of space when attacking now, it's great. I won't say too much before the weekend league though, that will be the real test. I've finished 8 weekends in a row now in Gold 1, maybe there is a little hope for Elite now.

Exactly the same for me.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13495 posts Moderator
    Only lost 1 tonight from 10 games. That's really good for me!

The one i lost was a to guy who spammed over the top balls and it was really effective, hope they don't come back... :|
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain

The one i lost was a to guy who spammed over the top balls and it was really effective, hope they don't come back... :|

Theyve been back for a while dan, just no one knew about it.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain
    I can 100% gaurentee fitness is going down way quicker.
  • Orison
    42718 posts International Superstar
    Do you all use a custom tactic or any of the default tactics?

I played counter+attacking today to test it and won every game relatively easy (like 7:1 in the qualifier final), but don´t think that was down to counter being really good post patch and more down to my opponents being trash.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13495 posts Moderator

Much harder to defend now if that's the case!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain

This was the case pre patch aswell mate. Someone spammed them against me last WL, so i tried it for myself and the success rate was high to say the least.
  • Orison

This was the case pre patch aswell mate. Someone spammed them against me last WL, so i tried it for myself and the success rate was high to say the least.

I spam them anyways. Just in a different way than in previous years :D
  • freddyyow
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    I honestly have felt no difference at all with defence but I have always manually defended.

I haven`t noticed anything different attacking either though.
  • Yeezus112
    1146 posts Professional
    I love the new update
  • Invincibility
    1060 posts Professional
    Did they fix some chem switching I can feel my 7chems working pretty bad
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »

I f***** knew it :joy:
  • Orison

@SupaNoodle1990 I won a 500€ prize tourney in Fifa 14 by scoring a 30m outside foot banger with Ibarbo, don´t expect something different from me ffs :joy:
  • MarioMonk
    1393 posts Professional
    The amount of scrubs I have came up against in division 1 that actually cant defend is unreal. Revenge is sweet.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    The amount of scrubs I have came up against in division 1 that actually cant defend is unreal. Revenge is sweet.

Absolutely bang on mate. Ive exposed so many people tonight. Hope WL is the same.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain

@SupaNoodle1990 I won a 500€ prize tourney in Fifa 14 by scoring a 30m outside foot banger with Ibarbo, don´t expect something different from me ffs :joy:

I see a lot of words there, but the only one ive took note of is ibarbo. Smh.
  • Orison

As if you didn´t use him. What a noob, typical Bronze 3 merchant. He was the greatest player in the game. I actually went 40-0 in div 1 using a 41212 with Ibarbo and Carroll upfront :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    22775 posts Club Captain

As if you didn´t use him. What a noob, typical Bronze 3 merchant. He was the greatest player in the game. I actually went 40-0 in div 1 using a 41212 with Ibarbo and Carroll upfront :joy:

I can honestly say i have never used ibarbo, i will also never use musa. I only use players who are good irl.

#fifasnobbery
  • Orison

I can honestly say i have never used ibarbo, i will also never use musa. I only use players who are good irl.

#fifasnobbery

He is good as it was proven by this video

If a player isn´t good, you can still make him look good and justify using him like that.