The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Red WL monthly rewards should be like legends and get full chem with any player

Burnie
228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2017
Does anyone think that the red monthly reward cards given out for the Weekend league should be like the legend cards on xbox and have full chem with anyone?. I just thought this may have been a good option as it takes a lot of time and effort to gain these cards and then you get hit with William Carvalho and the likes which is a decent card but nobody really plays Portuguese league so he's useless. I know then that the Elite players would have an amazing team full of all the best IF's but most of them could have that anyway with the coins they make
Post edited by Burnie on

Comments

• bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    +1. That being said I only have some really worthless silvers as I never get to play a full month
  • Burnie
    bberger wrote: »
    +1. That being said I only have some really worthless silvers as I never get to play a full month

Would mean you could at least fit them into a squad if you chose to tho
  • Retro_G
    31142 posts National Team Captain
    That's a good idea, they should give PS4 players at least one 87+ rated player every month, because we don't get legends.
  • Nicku32
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »
    That's a good idea, they should give PS4 players at least one 87+ rated player every month, because we don't get legends.

That's not going to happen unless Sony create partnership and give EA money. That's why they have legends and we do not, it is a reason to encourage players to buy that console instead.
  • Retro_G
    edited January 2017
    Nicku32 wrote: »

That's not going to happen unless Sony create partnership and give EA money. That's why they have legends and we do not, it is a reason to encourage players to buy that console instead.

I'm not asking for legends mate, just an equivalent normal player stats wise.
  • Nicku32
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite

I don't recall saying you asked for legends. I am explaining to you why that won't happen. The game will be the same besides legends on Xbox. This suggestion would either have to happen on both consoles or Sony would have to pay for this 'extra'.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Thats a great idea. I definitely think it should be like that @Rob
  • Retro_G
    edited January 2017

I don't recall saying you asked for legends. I am explaining to you why that won't happen. The game will be the same besides legends on Xbox. This suggestion would either have to happen on both consoles or Sony would have to pay for this 'extra'.

Fut Champs is supposedly a competitive mode, if I had been playing on xbox. My squad would've been stronger at this stage, more competitive.

This is the first competitive game I've ever played, that has bigger advantages on the opposite console.

I'm switching back to xbox, when they release the Scorpio, but still believe they should've went with parity for Fut Champions.

The average Joe was always going to go with the PS4, because it has more exclusives, is the most powerful console. Sony has always been huge in Europe, that contract must've cost EA a colossal amount of profit.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7883 posts League Winner
    Doubt it would be possible because of licensing.

Same as reason as last year those throwback cards were in current clubs of players, not in clubs from their primes.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    +1 Brilliant idea, since most of the time we get **** players in terms of chemistry like Al Soma that would change everything for the better. At least I wouldn't feel like I wasted my time
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Defeats the point in chem
  • Mr_Matchup1
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    I'll never get any red players so this doesn't effect me but I think it's more than fair people play a lot of games and spend a lot of money to get good rewards . Can't see a issue it's not like they are tradeable
  • Gparke1
    66 posts Park Captain
    Can you only get the red cards from playing WL?
  • UrNotReady_
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They're too common to have the legends' chem influence IMO
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something

U get like 1-2 players that fit in ur team, most of them are 81 rated and from impossible to link leagues
  • McRaven
    5034 posts Big Money Move

Yeah, building a hybrid squad would become way too easy. Wouldn't mind the red cards counting as IF's in the SBCs though.
  • maps212
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    I understand where you are coming from wanting a guaranteed 87+ player. However if you get top 100 (needed to get a guaranteed legend) its almost certain that you will get an over 87 rated player any way.
  • Baners
    Peter wrote: »
    Defeats the point in chem

No it doesnt....u would still have to get chem on everyone else
  • Baners
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

U get like 1-2 players that fit in ur team, most of them are 81 rated and from impossible to link leagues

Yah unless you are top 100 you are getting 12 or 3 red informs a month. Hardly that common to ruin the game.
  • Burnie
    McRaven wrote: »

Yeah, building a hybrid squad would become way too easy. Wouldn't mind the red cards counting as IF's in the SBCs though.

I also agree with this. I didnt know they couldnt be used until I tried to put my Red Dante and Hilton into the TOTW tradeable and it never accepted them, now I have a few red cards ill never use
  • Burnie
    McRaven wrote: »

I also agree with this, I never knew they didnt until I went to put my Red

Why would Sony have to give EA money for them to make Red WL cards have full chem with anybody?. Im not asking for the Red cards to be legends just to have full chem with any other player, they could also make the Red WL cards on Xbox have full chem with anybody too so would be same on both consoles
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Disagree.

The gap between the top-dogs and average joes is already massive with WL rewards. Coming up against a side with your usual difficult to hybrid players (Ibra, Cavani, Auba) all jogging along merrily would be too much for many.

They should have a base discard value though so they can be cashed in and not left to rot.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Anything people don't moan about on here? Why not just remove chemistry and est dates completely. Go play career mode or something if your after that nonsense
  • Aspral
    3622 posts National Call-Up
    I don't agree.

It wouldn't be fair on the people that don't play the WL and so on or the people that have the exact same cards that can't get that advantage. It's not an individual card that is unique.

Also it would completely screw up the requirements for WL too. You would have players having a link with any league and having a huge advantage over others.
  • Burnie
    Aspral wrote: »
    I don't agree.

It wouldn't be fair on the people that don't play the WL and so on or the people that have the exact same cards that can't get that advantage. It's not an individual card that is unique.

Also it would completely screw up the requirements for WL too. You would have players having a link with any league and having a huge advantage over others.

Thats why it should be seen as a reward for people who do put the time and effort into the WL,, Red cards that cannot be used are hardly a fitting reward for playing 160 - 200 hundred games of WL in the space of 4 or 5 weekends or at least make you be able to sell them for discard price of 10K and if you put in the time and effort why shouldnt people have an advantage over others?
  • Burnie
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Anything people don't moan about on here? Why not just remove chemistry and est dates completely. Go play career mode or something if your after that nonsense

I take it you dont put hundreds of hours into WL to get hit with cards you cannot use?
  • Sykesy
    Burnie wrote: »

I take it you dont put hundreds of hours into WL to get hit with cards you cannot use?

I appreciate the monthly rewards and WL as EA didn't have to give you this. Your choice to do it. So I'm happy with what they offer yes.
  • Burnie

I appreciate the monthly rewards and WL as EA didn't have to give you this. Your choice to do it. So I'm happy with what they offer yes.

Yes so its only a suggestion that they make the rewards more worthwhile by making them usable in any team. Its a feature of the game so you saying you appreciate it is as if their doing you a favour for the billiuons of pounds they make from the game,
  • Sykesy

Yes so its only a suggestion that they make the rewards more worthwhile by making them usable in any team. Its a feature of the game so you saying you appreciate it is as if their doing you a favour for the billiuons of pounds they make from the game,

Idiotic idea tbh
  • xCoke
    46 posts Park Captain
    Aspral wrote: »
    I don't agree.

Why is it that the players that don't put the money or time in always disagree that the people that play and spend should be at an advantage?